European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Founding clubs. More like The betrayal clubs. Will forever be remembered for the dagger in the back of football.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Juventus's statement seems to indicate that the clubs want FIFA, UEFA, and their member associations to accept the SL before actually trying to push this through and fully implement it.
Or they want FIFA and UEFA to take some of the blame for being unwilling to move, when they then say they are doing it anyway and leaving their domestic competitions.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Yes, that is what it has always been. It's the FA that's said they're going to kick teams out of all domestic competitions for playing in it
They knew well that the PL would not allow this and its against the rules, make no mistake this is an attempt to kill domestic football.
That's their points, but I wonder if the domestic leagues will threaten to kick them out.
Will be very interesting to see how this unfolds. No domestic football pretty much would kill it for me, sad day for football.

Zoo

It will probably still be Fletch and Macca on commentary sadly.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Kinda reminds me of Kery Pecker in Cricket, opposed by everyone but ultimately changed cricket forever. I guess Change is inevitable, even in Football!
Either that or Allen Stanford :lol:

Mainoldo

As suspected as well as being a money grab the big clubs will use this Super League as an opportunity to keep City and the other Oil clubs spending in check. Something that Uefa couldn't do, no wonder City and Chelsea were reluctant and PSG said no. If this goes ahead it will also kill any prospect of another City or PSG happening any time soon. SA won't be buying Newcastle if there's little hope of them ever getting into the Super League.
What clubs did Raiola go visit for Haaland?

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
Next step will be "Bringing fixtures to fans around the globe". Probably a small amount at first then creeping higher and higher. Half the games or so played around the world.

Eventually there will be franchise location changes. Why compete with two other clubs in the London region when Arsenal FC can become New York Gunners or Tottenham the Tokyo Spurs?

crossy1686

career ending
Because your being rewarded for being a supposedly big club, and not merit of where you actually are. It's a closed shop no relegation. It's a joke. Look where Arsenal are this year, yet there in it and Leicester aren't.
Arsenal have a massive pull world wide, of course they're in it. Clubs have worked hard to become big clubs, why should Stoke get the same amount of prize money as United?

reddevil702

Got to love how many people around social media I'm seeing vow to be done with their club if this happens.

Yeah right!
The overreactions are hilarious, no one has any clue how this will ultimately impact the PL and yet it’s the end of football .

The Purley King

Well goodbye then united.
Has been a largely happy 45 years, but sincerely, go feck yourself. You money grabbing greedy cnut.

Traub

According to the Juve statement, the founding clubs each have to put in 2m euros for an equal share of the holding company. That means you could get four entries for the price of one Bebe

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Why would leaving a UEFA tournament mean docking of points by the FA ?
I know they are all together in opposing this.. but I dont see how the FA can dock premier league points because clubs dont want to play a mid week european tournament organized by UEFA..

UEFA can kick the clubs out of their competition.. so that would leave PSG as the CL winners.. Good for them.
The structure is pyramidal, FA's are affiliated to the UEFA who is itself affiliated to FIFA. The clubs in questions are in breach of FIFA and UEFA schedules by organizing an independent competition. FA's have to sanction those clubs if FIFA or UEFA require it, the only way to avoid it is with CAS but that's after being sanctioned.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Looks like they want this to end amicably & I’m 100% sure this ESL will go ahead, discussions will go on between now and August and a deal will be made. There’s too much money to lose for the Prem to deduct the big six points or take them out of cup competitions. This is going to happen whether the fans like it or not. Let’s be honest, we’re all going to watch anyway.

Going forward, the Founding Clubs look forward to holding discussions with UEFA and FIFA to work together in partnership to deliver the best outcomes for the new League and for football as a whole.

Corresponding women's league to be launched to help advancement and development of women's game

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
United's official statement revealed something massive about the women's game:

Women's football will undergo massive changes, too, by the looks of things.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Will be very interesting to see how this unfolds. No domestic football pretty much would kill it for me, sad day for football.
Lots of talk on twitter that all those clubs will be suspended from premier League next season. Whether this actually happens is anyone's guess but you gotta think it's possible.