European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dinostar77

All out civil war in football. Wheres tony stark and captain america when you need them?

Idxomer

The UEFA and FIFA meltdown is delicious, they had it coming for years.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Kinda reminds me of Kery Pecker in Cricket, opposed by everyone but ultimately changed cricket forever. I guess Change is inevitable, even in Football!
I think that cricket needed it though. There was a closed club and even until T20 the game was run in many ways as it had been in the 19th century. Even with the latest World Cup "reforms" the ICC is moving in the opposite direction to FIFA and the football World Cup. Plus there is already money in football and cricket needs to find new ways to fund the domestic and first class games. County teams generally run at a deficit.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Who was part of this think tank that allowed this to happen? You fecking urchins.

Gasolin

I can't believe this is actually happening. I think it'll all come down to which side the FAs fall to. If they impose bans from PL/La Liga/Serie A for participating in the ESL, I can't see the clubs going forward. This is a disgusting, concentrated effort to battle UEFA for more money. The like of Perez and Glazer being in charge tells you all that you need to know.
They are ready to go forward, I don't think that will matter.
I am more interested by the Spanish clubs like Real or Barcelona, can they really do that without the approval of their socios? I hope not.
For the UK, my hope is that the government changes the legislation for good and decides that this is an attempt to hurt national interests and therefore, a change in ownership is being forced through a forced sale for that reason.

But none of the PL kicking them out will really matter to those clubs if they decided to join that SL.

Last edited:

Kazi

Okay but then they need to follow through on their shithousery

I want fireworks before and after every match, dancing girls, the players walking through the tunnel onto the pitch with cash confetti everywhere etc

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
What a fecking mess.

We finally look like we've gotten our act together and we're on our way back to being a good team again and we go and do this.

Facing being fecking relegated so a load of Billionaires can get even richer.

It's sickening.
Well said - I’m packing in Manchester United FC. I liked this side - Bruno and Pogba clicking, Cavani. Shaw, Harry, Henderson. Greenwood getting back his form. What a shame. Fyck off Glazers

drdoityourself

So teams like Arsenal can just pack it in every year knowing they will always get into European competition? An absolute joke and takes so much from the domestic league, when the big clubs don't have to worry about a top 4 finish.

I'm seriously considering packing it in, it's being a fan of a hedge fund at this point. Results don't matter anymore, it's just a business.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Time to get drunk, feck these soulless American corporations and state funded clubs that have caused this.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Players are not paid by their country are they?

In basketball, the best American players seldom turn up for their country at Olympics etc.

Guess this is where we are heading now. Italian and Spanish clubs are in huge debt with Covid, English clubs want more bucks...

Crashoutcassius

If PL said clubs can't play if they are in SL, would that spook some clubs out of the SL?

Honestly, I could see the likes of Everton winning a few PL and passing out arsenal who are getting demolished every week playing the same ten teams over and over with no real consequences, no relegation, no top four, permanent mid table obscurity. Doesn't matter if arsenal have more money for better players than Everton , what would matter is the relative

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
As opposed to being run by despots from the middle-east? No thanks!
I'm all for sticking it to 'the man', be they middle-eastern bastards, Sky shitheads or corrupt UEFA suits who have done so much to ruin the game and take it away from the fans. The trouble is we are the fecking man; there's no way whatever the Glazers, Kroenke and the rest are proposing is good for football, I'm just not buying it.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Sounds like we're doing it then. Be interesting to see the proper format they come up with, cause obviously they're gonna need more games than what they suggested when it's the only football these teams are playing.

Drifter

American
It's rich to see Murdoch's Sky Sports clutching their pearls. They created this monster.

United's official statement revealed something massive about the women's game:

Women's football will undergo massive changes, too, by the looks of things.
Oh, the old "throw in some idpol you don't actually give a shit about to use as a shield against wider criticism" strategy.

How very every corporation in 2021.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
The thoughts of never being able to add to our 3 European cups does not bear thinking about

Also I don’t find it appealing at all having to play city, Liverpool etc 4 times a season

Top 4 race will be no more. We can have a shit season and still guaranteed super league spot. It’s all just gross

I don’t think it will happen

hobbers

Jesus fecking christ.

I know there had been a lot of justified shit about the awful new CL format proposals, but the Super League (if they got the way and played it while also remaining in the Premier League) would be even worse.

18 matches followed by two-legged quarter finals, semi finals and final.... so a minimum of 18 matches rising to a possible 25 games throughout the season. So forget the Carabao and FA cups for starters, there wouldn't be room for league and super league fixtures.

el3mel

What would be the point of finishing anywhere between 2nd and 17th in the league starting from next season?

Wonder what will happen to Uniteds €3.5b payment. Will be fascinating to see how much of that goes to "support our football infrastructure investment".

Hint - it will be the square root of feck all.

Not only did the Glazers manage to somehow buy our club without spending a penny, they've now managed to sell it for 3.5 billion while maintaining ownership of it. If I didn't hate them with every ounce of my being I would be applauding the brass fecking balls on these cnuts.
not for each club! Will clearly be shared amongst the founding members. Still in the region of 300m, but not 3.5bn each club!!

OleGunnar20

I hope every fecking stadium run by these cash obsessed leeches is empty when they open back up.

I'm disgusted. Non league it is then.