European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Every club involved in this shite is an embarrassment, They are killing football.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
British government is not going to do anything. It's all posturing.

Champions league as we know it is dead. This is horrible.

By the way who are the other 3 founding member?

Dante

Average bang
Does this mean we can sign Sancho, Haaland, Grealish, Varane and Ndidi in the same transfer window now?
Not Varane because he'll play for a Super League club. But the other players' team will find it impossible to compete financially.

The wealth gap between United and Villa (for example) has been shrinking for the last 20 years. If the ESL comes to fruition, it'll be back to 90s levels.

Fox outside the box

To everyone saying “you’ll still watch it”
Actually, no we won’t.
Perhaps viewing figures in Asia will be amazing but I will not pay a single penny any more and I’ve had sky telly for 20+ years and bt sport and anything I’ve needed to watch Utd play as much as possible.
This is such a sad day..............
What do you think people said when the Premier League was about to be launched? Do you not think people kicked off then? Greed, fleecing the fans etc? I wasn't around for it but I've heard plenty of people talk about how those were feelings at the time. I've been in conversations where people have poked fun at themselves for saying it at the time but they now love the league.

I think Neville and Co have just got to so many people. Talk it through, it may be the worst idea ever but let's at least talk it though.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I look forward to tuning into Amazon Prime at 2am on Thursday morning to watch the United-Liverpool derby, played at some half empty megastadium on the west coast of America.
This is exactly what they are aiming for.

el3mel

OK so if half way through the season you're out of the title race domestically, and you're also at the bottom of this super league, what exactly will half of your season be for?
I honestly can't imagine people not thinking this will end up happening. Few years later from now when you see a United - Liverpool game in Premier League with both playing their reserve to save players for this fecking competition people will start to realize that the PL has lost most if not all of its value.

Top 4 and CL kept something for the clubs who couldn't compete to fight for.

crossy1686

career ending
First, our history is built on beating domestic teams and winning domestic leagues. We don't sing about winning Super Leagues, we sing about '20 times'.

Second, the money will not be reinvested, as we have shown previously, they will go into the Glazers' pockets and if you believe the opposite, I have a bridge to sell you.

Lastly, if you are part of a competition based on your birthright, we are going back hundreds of years in terms of structure of society. This is nothing to do with what football is meant to be and represents for the everyday man. If football was like this from the beginning, it wouldn't have become the most popular sport in the world.

Frankly, your posts sound like a sales pitch.
Why won't we still compete and win domestic leagues?

If the money isn't reinvested I'll set myself on fire outside Old Trafford like that monk.

So United don't deserve to be there? Would they have offered more than Midjyitland did this CL? Do Midjyitland deserve to be in Europe's elite competition?

I'm sure that in time, the SL will evolve to have an entry and exit requirement, but obviously not in its inception

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Oh, really? I'm quite convinced it's that or nothing and very much leaning towards that the clubs are serious and will go through with leaving.

Obviously we can only guess.
Most of them have formally announced it on their web pages/social media.

Haven't seen United one?

To say I'm devastated at the moment would be an understatement. Desperately hoping something kills this

I look forward to tuning into Amazon Prime at 2am on Thursday morning to watch the United-Liverpool derby, played at some half empty megastadium on the west coast of America.
How exciting! Can’t wait to play Madrid Barca Bayern 4 times every year - that really makes these kinds of fixtures really special.

Woodzy

Why would they do that? Surely they just crown PSG in the CL and then play Roma vs Villareal in the Europa final?
To be fair, without most of the clubs that are joining the Super League, these trophies become pretty much worthless. This is crisis time for UEFA

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Can people stop posting bollocks from accounts called things like UnitedStuff and BarcaMania as fact, please.

If there's any news, just have a quick check to see if there's a better source than 'some bell-end on twitter' before everyone gets their knickers knotted.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Feck this, feck this in the fecking arse. What a horrible idea this is. There has been a lot of talk on here recently about 'plastic' teams. Is there anything more plastic than a 'Super League' with no relegation and the same teams playing each other year in, year out?

I am a bloody Tory but I am down for any movement between fans of all these clubs to come together and boycott our clubs. An absolute disgraceful decision where the owners have decided not not only completely change the experience of fandom for our clubs but also try and to completely financially eviscerate all the clubs outside of their closed shop. Feck these fecking d*psh*ts.

littlepeasoup

Why even have team names at all? Why even have teams base themselves in countries and cities?

Each team can just be assigned a random collection of numbers and letters, and to save on all that pesky air travel, they'll all be based on an island, let's call it Football Island, and players are cloned and fed on the embryos of failed clones until the reach maturity and can kick a ball about for all our pleasure.

crossy1686

career ending
When you play them guaranteed every season, it will wear extremely thin and the magic will be completely lost.

Football isn’t all that great when it’s a glorified cash grab for a select few.
Can't believe we've got to play Madrid again this week, but I'm pumped about Newcastle away next week. It's been a while since we played them.

- Said no one ever.

Rooney1987

Cancelling this years CL and Europa must make the players act surely. There must 100s of players with European club clauses in contracts if they win or score in the competitions. Gonna be a legal nightmare.

Schneiderman

I really hope this is some massive windup.

Even if not kicked out of the prem it completely kills the league. No incentive to win as soon as you're out of the title race and not going to get relegated, making it a farce for every club involved. Same with the Super League as soon as you can't make the "playoffs".

RIP football.