European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ixion

The 28 that voted they want Spurs to be guranteed a special place where they can never be relegated no matter how shit they are can feck off

buchansleftleg

UEFA is the most powerful block in FIFA and Blatter had problems with them previously, these clubs have made a coup on UEFA and the cynic in me thinks that FIFA will soon betray UEFA and give legitimacy to ESL. There is too much money and too many cnuts involved for this block to hold out.
This...watch FIFA slowly and gradually plunge a knife into UEFAs back.

What we are watching is a hostile takeover of UEFA by the real financial backers of this move (Amazon perchance?). Given the only people with any real power over the fundamental players licences are FIFA, I can't believe this would be going ahead without some behind the scenes support from FIFA.

The threats of legal action and bans from UEFA will not get anywhere and the loss of revenue will cripple them.

A lot of the other noise will be being stirred by the other potential media companies who know they can't compete with Amazon or a similar company.

In a couple of days time FIFA will agree a "compromise" whereby some degree of a "pyramid" will remain, but the "Founding" group will retain a more favourable distribution of the media money, which is what they wanted all along. UEFA didn't deliver it, so they will be replaced.

RedRover

I don't think this notion by the poster you quoted is as unrealistic as you argued. I'm not saying it applies all the time but there'll be plenty of cases where companies do something exactly because they know the legislation allows it.
There is no precedent for this and therefore, I'd wager that everything they are doing is based on risk and having consulted lawyers, but a lack of precedent means that this is all about interpretation by their lawyers, of the current position and the potential hurdles which could be thrown up.

He's entitled to his opinion, but as a lawyer, working in a litigious field and having to advise on commercial disputes daily this idea (i.e. that "they wouldn't be doing it if they didn't know they could") is common, and simply isn't borne out by reality, at least in 99% of cases.

laughtersassassin

Carragher spot on straight out the gate!!!

It's not the club's. It's the owners. Put a name on the faces responsible.

AndyMUFC

This isn't gonna be allowed to happen, the government will step in but we shouldn't forget this shit.

RedDevil@84

What did the players and the coaching staff do to deserve that?! It wasn't even their decision.
The board is not going to parade in public to receive them.
So I guess the coach and players can pass on the message to the board. I mean thrown bottles and eggs and everything

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Carragher is spot on. Need all fans, players, ex players, managers, ex managers etc to come together and stop this. feck rivalries this is bigger.

SwedishFish

Carragher threatening with Liverpool losing their manager... Seriously now, how about waiting a minute before starting with these scenarios.

90 + 5min

How about putting that whiskey bottle down for a second before you start typing nonsense and going on about how the great country of England has heritage and tradition in football.

Do you think I live in a cave? Do you think that my tiny country doesn't have any football pedigree? Do you know what we have? We have a 50+1 percent rule.

You sold your heritage and tradition for 5 pieces of silver when you started to let Abramovich, Mansour, Glazers, Kroenkes, FSG etc in the hen house so don't start with that tripe.

I've already said that I don't particularly endorse the super league, but football today is basically all about money anyway so I really don't see how it makes a massive difference compared to the new Champions League format starting in 2024.

It's just a battle between the clubs and UEFA over money. All there is to it.

Do you know why english clubs are so big in scandinavia? I suppose you don't really considering how you come across.

It was the first teams to ever be shown on telly in the 70s. My father is a fan, I am a fan. Take that gloryhunting tripe and stick it somewhere else tbh. You support a club with supporters from all around the world. Deal with it or go support FCUM full time.
I'm not even English. I live in scandinavia.

Instead of being anti UEFA/FIFA you could be little more open when you look at this as 95% of fans of all this clubs are against this.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
With regards to national teams, what are the legalities of FAs just telling their national team's managers not to call up the players who are playing for the so-called Super Leagues?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Will there be protests at Old Trafford?

Ixion

The Glazers are wiping their arse with our club and its history and some of you are happy with it.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Agree with Carragher & Neville, the fans & broadcasters need to come together to stop this.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Anyone think that this is just a move of g12 clubs to get more money from Uefa? That they all will meet in the middle?