European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stevoc

The more I hear about this, the more I think FIFA are involved in this. They were linked to a new Super League last year.

FIFA have been talking about a World Champions League and they've been pushing for a World Cup every 2 years instead of 4.

Might be a power grab by FIFA to push Uefa out and replace the Champions League and European Championships.

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Shorter matches? Jesus Christ

These teams are trying to change football for the worse

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Well, I for one am absolutely delighted that Perez has gone full Trump on cocaine and is fronting this thundercnut league. It's a fecking beautiful thing to see.

TsuWave

was it BT or Sky that was trying to charge £14.99 PPV for league matches?

stevoc

What happens to other European leagues who have no chance to enter the super league? Do they just get left to die
There will eventually be a Super League 2 and 3 no doubt.

stevoc

That's some spin Perez is putting on it.

He seems to be back-tracking a bit with his 'all we have done is make a public note to start talking with UEFA', because of the backlash one would imagine.
To be fair their desire to work something out with UEFA was in the press release last night.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I feel like Perez just did more to help torpedo this idiotic plan than all the protests could have achieved. :lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think the endgame could be a Europe-wide football league pyramid.

Two tiers to start with. More in the future. Qualification to the bottom tier would happen through winning national leagues.

Relegation makes this sound much more palatable. As long as the 15 founders can still drop down the ladder if they finish bottom.
The more I hear about this, the more I think FIFA are involved in this. They were linked to a new Super League last year.

FIFA have been talking about a World Champions League and they've been pushing for a World Cup every 2 years instead of 4.

Might be a power grab by FIFA to push Uefa out and replace the Champions League and European Championships.
Yeah, last night, I was thinking about this whole thing further, and this whole thing could be a ploy for FIFA to have a strong influence and association with club football all around the world. Imagine a global football pyramid with multiple tiers. Honestly, it can happen, and it'll make club football totally centralised, which I'm not sure how I can feel about.

Denis79

Yep it's done and I'll be finished with football.

Shortening the game will be just the start. In 10 years Utd won't be based in Manchester anymore i'm convinced of it.
Me too. Atleast I had the pleasure to watch football from the mid 80's, it was a good run.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

When the story broke last year FIFA were said to be involved. Have they made a statement yet?

The Firestarter

They should call it superball. 4 quarters of 20 mins. WWE raw on half time with Trump supposedly to make a cameo but ends up blabbing 30 mins about 2020.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
There will eventually be a Super League 2 and 3 no doubt.
Yeah just in time for when they threaten to drop out of the domestic leagues for good and move the ESL to weekends to please the worldwide market. That's the end goal.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
"And if these young people, with their Nintendos and their Walkmans think the game is too boring, we can unleash live animals onto the pitch each quarter. Oh also we're having quarters now, only legacy people like halves."

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Wonder how Real Madrid fans are feeling about Perez's verbal diarrhea today?

prateik

Closed league.. Shorter matches..

He is clearly trying to copy the IPL .

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I hope they all feck off into this ESL league, and hopefully many of the players will quit their clubs and just stick with the current existing pyramid that they are trying to leave behind. Let's have real football without those 12 clubs. Maybe eventually they'll come back in the lower leagues and have to work their way up after they swallow their pride.

el3mel

Jesus Christ. If they're allowed to proceed with the Americanisation of ESL football it's going to lead to a two code game. Like Rugby Union and Rugby League.
They'll have time outs with cheerleaders dancing and some games with fans to make the sport interesting. :lol:

Denis79

I hope arsene wenger who said this would happen decades ago been planning since then on how to stop it and swoops in last second like batman to save us.
No idea what will happen, doesn't look good though.

R'hllor

They should implement something like viewers vote to decide how long match will last, if the match up is not that attractive they can make it last maybe 20 min per half or so, just how you set up in video game.

Dante

Average bang
They'll have time outs with cheerleaders dancing and some games with fans to make the sport interesting. :lol:
Heading will probably get banned in one code but not the other. I could easily see different implementations of the offside rule as well.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I don't give a damn about City and PSG and I also won't make moronic points about Barcelona just to eventually admit that I'm talking through my backside. Barcelona almost bankrupted themselves out of stupidity, you admitted it yourself.
I’d like to apologise for saying you were a shill for oil clubs. This madness is all still sinking in.

90 + 5min

Shorter football matches :lol:

This I'll never accept.
I've already mentioned that because they have not anyone to answer to. They can even play with 5 players each, have rules like no offsides or that ball must be a square. Maybe even play shirtless holding an egg on the head. They can do what they want because they don't have anyone to answer to. No rules. Nothing. Money rules.

They might even invite "fans" to controll a player for 5 minutes with a joystick or "be a manager for a game".

BlueHaze

I canceled my subscriptions 3 months ago and look at the timing! :lol:

Really disappointed I didn't do it sooner, I mean look at the state of this!

Modern football is just a nasty corrupt and vile industry and I'm so happy never again in my life having to pay a dime for this bullshit sport. Red until I die and I will always follow our results but football is pretty much out of my life now.

Really feels like I've jumped a sinking ship because regardless of this happening or not everything with the sport is going downhill anyway. Seriously people, think twice about renewing whatever subscriptions you have. Do you really want to be a part of this?