European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
What a monumental feck up by these owners! They don't know what happened to them in the last 2 days. Love it

Jotun

Yes because the competition laws under the single market comes under eu law with the eu courts as the arbitrator .... it was one of the major reasons the conservatives wouldn't remain in the single market with brexit

Aaah, thanks for clearing that up :). That's my 3 posts for today, but I learned something :)

Reactions: Snowjoe

OmarUnited4ever

I dont think anybody in the know has ever said we were the main ones pushing it. The fact they grouped all Americans together instead of directly calling us out shows this imo.
We would have demands met due to who we are but it doesnt necessarily mean we were the driving force.
But who knows. Id say there was group greed involved, its a bit strange to be calling out levels of greed.

This is from the club's app.

Joel Glazer, Co-Chairman of Manchester United and Vice-Chairman of the Super League said:

“By bringing together the world’s greatest clubs and players to play each other throughout the season, the Super League will open a new chapter for European football, ensuring world-class competition and facilities, and increased financial support for the wider football pyramid.”
Joel Glazer pushed for this, he released a statement to that effect.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I think the fans of all the clubs were equally disgusted. If any of the "big 6" were playing tonight we'd see similar or bigger protests.

I give Chelsea the club no credit other than acting reasonably fast in changing their mind.

I have updated my "Location" on my profile because once this has all died down, I fully intend to embrace it for japes.
I meant the supporters but yes good points

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
A few things:
Great that Woodward is gone, but a new idiot will follow
Hoping that the owners (not the clubs) will somehow be punished (unlikely, I know)
Let's change the model in England and get the Glazers out once and for all
So great to see all collapse so quickly!
Big respect to Shaw and Maguire
Luke Shaw has been outstanding this season. And I was very impressed by what he has said.
Well done young man. You have become a proper Manchester United player.

saivet

I was busy and missed the past hour or two and I'm so fecking happy right now even if I haven't caught up. Feck the Glazers, feck Woodward, feck all these owner.

Water Melon

Let's all calm down here
Who else is there? At least their fans said big FU to their management and the owner who invested a billion of his money in the club. Could not care less about Roman, but hats off to the fans at the Stamford Bridge.

The Irish Connection

I'll hold the champas until we get a full autopsy of this whole ordeal and when we have an inkling of who might be getting Woodward's gig.

Hopefully the reports of Glazers potentially packing up due to the fall out are also true
Surely the government can use the ‘fit and proper ‘ status to now force them out?

Ixion

Spurs are probably still in a daze wondering how they got invited in and not realise everyone has jumped ship and they're left holding the bill.

justsomebloke

In principle, I completely agree.
But. And it is a massive massive but. Assuming United are worth say £1bn, how is it going to be even remotely possible for the supporters to come up with £501millions.
Unfortunately, it is a pipe dream.
That's 50,000 supporters chipping in with 10,000 pounds each. Might be ambitious, yes. :)

Not sure that's how it'd work though?

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yesterday I had hopes that this wouldn't go through as planned.
But I would have never guessed that this would implode to fast.

Love it haha

And congrats to you guys for getting rid of Woodward

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
feck, Perez is trying to fight back. I am afraid that we will sink with him and everybody will leave

buchansleftleg

I suspect that at least one of the 12 clubs was fast approaching a financial meltdown. I predict at least one of the 12 will be put up for sale at a bargain price and maybe another could actually go to the wall financially.

Glad odious Woody has gone. Hopefully at least we can get that market stall Gordon Gecko wannabe, Joel Glazer out of the club too.

Red_Aaron

I know there's been huge pressure and the most likely scenario is all of the sponsors they thought they had lined up have all pulled out but I can't help but wonder if there's more to come.

I know the leagues met recently and so did UEFA, I wonder if sanctions have been approved and these guys are getting out ahead of them. If the clubs are punished these guys will be in genuine danger

Mr. Ant

I'm sorry for Levy. He had one night of dreams about endless stream of money, all gone now.
I just imagine he was drunk all week. He thought he will have the money to sack Jose and to keep Kane.

Well now because he has to pay Jose for sacking him he will almost definitely have to sell Kane in order to keep the boat afloat :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I meant the news of shaw and maguire confronting him. Any details?
I'm pretty sure that one was fresh out of the arse of someone with one of those unoffical 'club news' twitter accounts.

Ixion

They were banking on insane TV deals to fund the thing, whoever was showing interest probably got cold feet after seeing the backlash and didn't want the association.

Do you think they'll give UEFA back the rights to their European Cup wins and history?