European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Firestarter

Did we really wind this battle? Angeli going down as well means Juve is pulling out as well? Now I want a statement from United side that we well and truly will pull out of this disaster. Fecking hell.
Not exactly brilliant our PR department.

pauldyson1uk

mmm this has took the shine off a lot !

Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward is to step down from his role after the collapse of the Super League.

However, it is understood that he will continue in his role at the club until the end of 2021.

Woodward had already agreed with the Glazers, United's owners, that he would finish at Old Trafford at the end of the year, but the announcement has been brought forward.

TsuWave

2. I lost interest in watching Manutd games against the likes of Granada, Burnley, Cyrstal Palace, etc. I find myself always scrolling through Instagram during these small team games.

2. Transfer market. Imagine trading Bruno Fernandes for Harry Kane. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I think that is what us younger fans want to see. Shocking and exciting transfers. Changing team dynamics, etc

I think the ESL can provide an outstanding product.
Well, it seems as though as it did deliver in terms of the entertainment you were looking for. Shocking an exciting. "An outstanding product".

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
In principle, I completely agree.
But. And it is a massive massive but. Assuming United are worth say £1bn, how is it going to be even remotely possible for the supporters to come up with £501millions.
Unfortunately, it is a pipe dream.
25 million fans pay £200

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I just want to thank the twattish twelve for providing us with top shelf entertainment, shit posting and fraternization amongst all clubs since sunday. That firestorm was well worth it. Cudos.

SuperiorXI

mmm this has took the shine off a lot !

Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward is to step down from his role after the collapse of the Super League.

However, it is understood that he will continue in his role at the club until the end of 2021.

Woodward had already agreed with the Glazers, United's owners, that he would finish at Old Trafford at the end of the year, but the announcement has been brought forward.
Maybe cheap tactic to save face but it will never work, fans aren't stupid.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Run them all out of the country and bring on the German model. Make their positions untenable.

Adamsk7

My pitchfork is out, sharpened and I’ve got a torch in my other hand. I’m ready to go. Who we getting next?

Water Melon

We as a club officially supported and announced our membership in ESL. Let us not be sheeple and let it get swept under the carpet. The stain is there to stay and can only be washed off, if the idiot who made the announcement is no longer connected to our club in any capacity.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
In principle, I completely agree.
But. And it is a massive massive but. Assuming United are worth say £1bn, how is it going to be even remotely possible for the supporters to come up with £501millions.
Unfortunately, it is a pipe dream.
Some sort of legally mandated supporters trust, run by fan groups and season ticket holders - the trust would receiver external funding and would have the legally opportunity to buy shares at a reduced price?

Water Melon

Nothing really, protested just like any teams fans would. I think Roman joined with every intention of pulling out, he is a cold bastard that one and now he has humiliated Perez and the Glazers.
Well Roman signed up for this, so I doubt anyone will look at him positively. But their fans have my respect.

redshaw

The BBC are reporting Chelsea decided to withdraw before the fan protests.

It might be more down to the UK government's stance and just general backlash in the UK.

It's quite something that the Uefa president was calling for England's sporting culture to help sort this out this morning.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
For what it's worth United haven't officially left the ESL - let's just remember that before we get too excited.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
That sounds mildly realistic. The issue is United are worth well over £2bn if not more.
Oh really. But would their value not be a function of their share price, which hopefully will drop like a stone.