European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
I am fine with three clubs not being punished. They had the backbone and audacity to stick behind their ridiculous decision.

Backing out when shit gets real is a coward mentality one we should not be teaching our kids.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Ceferin is just another suit, a mr Nobody representing no one in footballing terms, and his personal vendetta against that Agnelli snake will make his demise very soon.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
If my family and my friend family want to play football in my back yard do I need to take UEFA permission .
Unless you are in some country where you need permission to piss also
If your family and your friend's family are affiliated to UEFA, have legal binding contracts with UEFA concerning your participation in UEFA tournaments and recieve huge amounts of money every year from UEFA as part of those deals then yes, they might wanna check if you're not screwing them over or planning to.

But if that's not the case, I think you have nothing to worry ;)

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
I am fine with three clubs not being punished. They had the backbone and audacity to stick behind their ridiculous decision.

Backing out when shit gets real is a coward mentality one we should not be teaching our kids.
So we should teach them to persevere in greed, incompetence, not admitting a mistake and escalating/litigating until hell breaks loose? I think that didn't work out well in US politics.

pramodkumarca

Supports
realmadrid
So we should teach them to persevere in greed, incompetence, not admitting a mistake and escalating/litigating until hell breaks loose? I think that didn't work out well in US politics.
Before UEFA started criticising the superleague a court in madrid had already given a legal protection , it is subjudice and UEFA is gross contempt of court order
In US politics contempt of court in severely punishable and political not tolerated

Why did you think UEFA consumed it ego and suspended the action because it has not legal stand it is Privity to whole super league affair

I am a supporter of free whole and strong suggest that every ckub at same level playing field as others and oil clubs cannot just buy the expensive toys and literally buy the tournament or league before criticising super league just introspect why did we arrive at this juncture
I love manunited because it is not own by any sugar daddy and only club which own it owner I mean debt of owner is on it shoulder

Hulksmash

Joan Laporta (FC Barcelona president): "Liverpool and Manchester United were the real founders of the Super League."

Joan Laporta (FC Barcelona president): "The Super League project is alive."

Joan Laporta (Barca President): "Liverpool and Manchester United have still not paid the compensation for leaving.”

Joan Laporta (FC Barcelona): "As soon as we receive the green light from the court, we will create the greatest competition in the world of sports, and everyone will want to join us."

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Joan Laporta (FC Barcelona president): "Liverpool and Manchester United were the real founders of the Super League."

Joan Laporta (FC Barcelona president): "The Super League project is alive."

Joan Laporta (Barca President): "Liverpool and Manchester United have still not paid the compensation for leaving.”

Joan Laporta (FC Barcelona): "As soon as we receive the green light from the court, we will create the greatest competition in the world of sports, and everyone will want to join us."
You can create as many Super Leagues as you like Joan, if you keep forking out €120m on shit players you will still be losing money

Hulksmash

Florentino Perez: "What failed in the Super League? Nothing, we're still working."

Florentino Perez: "The fans rule football. That's why we started the Super League with the 12 clubs with the most fans in Europe."

Florentino Perez: “You cannot give satisfaction to all the clubs, because competitions lose their appeal ... a Roma game does not have the same appeal as a Manchester United game ... the fans are in charge here ... that's why we took the 12 teams with the most fans.”

Florentino Perez: "Why should UEFA rule over us?"

Florentino Perez: "The Super League is NOT a closed league. It's open."

Florentino Perez: "Football should be fair? What does fair mean?"

Florentino Perez: "How can a club be like Real Madrid? Well, many fans. Real Madrid worked hard during the past years."

Florentino Perez: "The tribunals said it was illegal to ban us from Champions League, it would have been a monopoly."

Florentino Perez: "The English teams felt pressured by UEFA, and they signed something that they're NOT allowed to sign."

Florentino Pérez: “There are matches that no one watches and that does not bring money. Clubs that generate more money have to face each other. The Super League is an open league and will not affect the local leagues.”

Florentino Perez: “I have not spoken with Ceferín. We lose millions and Ceferin increases his salary. In which world do we live?"

Florentino Pérez: "Ceferín has already wanted to throw us out of the Champions League, but the courts have forbidden it.”

Florentino Perez: "There are people with privileges (UEFA) and want to keep them, even though football is dying."

Florentino Perez: “All clubs are not the same. Football is dying.”

Florentino Perez: "There are games that are not attractive. Look at the audiences. El Clasico is seen by hundreds of millions of people and there comes the money."

Florentino Perez: “It is time to see reality. It is normal that the best players from each place play, it is not closed, even if they watch the NBA. Every week we have to play attractive games, others are not bought."

Florentino Perez (to the journalist): "You want to be the good guy and give me an agressive interview right?"

Florentino Perez: "Nobody can leave the Super League. We signed a contract."

Florentino Perez: "The Super League is not about the rich and the poor. Football is for the fans."

Florentino Perez:There are not only 3 teams left, it's a lie. There is a binding agreement of all 12 teams. The Super League continues, nobody can leave. UEFA threatened us and the poor English fell for it."

Florentino Perez: "The Swiss Ministry of Justice tells UEFA that the Super League cannot be played. But why? Why can't you organize a football tournament?"

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
My favourite part is this one right here: "We're not excluding anybody, it's just that not everybody can take part" :lol:

Perez is a legend. Football is dying, yeah right. Just not enough money in the market when Barca can spend €500+m on Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
My favourite part is this one right here: "We're not excluding anybody, it's just that not everybody can take part" :lol:

Perez is a legend. Football is dying, yeah right. Just not enough money in the market when Barca can spend €500+m on Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann.
meanwhile City and PSG spend over 1b in 3-5years each bring in fake sponsoships not get punished and all's good :D

Gonçalo Motta

This is killing the game and making sure that the football powerhouses stay that way for the next years while the other teams have barely any chance of surviving against them.
UEFA is not perfect and they probably can tweak their competitions but the Super League is not the answer.

For me, this is a clear message that money is above what football fans want.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I think he has some fair point but the way he is presenting the super league sounds super greedy. :lol:

Cloud7

Perez is one of the more memorable “outside the playing field” football characters I’ve seen in my lifetime

stevoc

This whole Super League idea was obviously a Cocaine and greed fuelled clusterfeck that died a justified early death.

But in all Perez's drug fuelled ramblings he has been right about one thing. UEFA shouldn't have a monopoly on European competition. If a set of teams want to opt out of UEFA competitions and create their own that any club has the chance to qualify for or be invited to then I think they should be able to. Without UEFA trying to stop it by threatening clubs and players with bans.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Why a Madrid Court has authority over this? Shouldn't this be decided at some international level court?
ECJ will rule on it.

There's no doubt the super league would be legal imo.

The issue is fans in key clubs they need for it to be viable, do not support it anywhere near as is.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I think right there only thing Barca Real etc want is compensation from the clubs that joined but then left. I can't see how they can force clubs to rejoin.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
RIP since the British Goverment already planning to make anti Super League laws. English clubs wont join.

But maybe Real creates a Super League with Juventus ?
Yeah, it might be easy for Madrid, Barca, Juventus to join but PL clubs wont be able to.

Hopefully this will die soon and we won't hear about it again.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
RIP or to be continued?
RIP without the English clubs because TV money won't be there.

A super league with Real, Barca, Juve and 17 also rans won't get more TV money than the CL that will still have the English clubs in it. So why bother?

It could have worked if they'd discussed it first instead of dropping it like a bomb.

Would always need merit based qualification and give a chance to all European clubs to get in somehow.

Now English fans are totally against it, very hard to see anything other than it's game over..

Despite it probably being legal for them to do it.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Saddest thing is UEFA have used this to make themselves even more untouchable in football but no one cares because "they got their game back".

0le

We are pleased that going forward we will no longer be subject to ongoing UEFA's threats. Our aim is to keep developing the Super League project in a constructive and cooperative manner, always counting on all football stakeholders: fans, players, coaches, clubs, leagues, and national and international associations. We are aware that there are elements of our proposal that should be reviewed and, of course, can be improved through dialogue and consensus. We remain confident in the success of a project that will be always compliant with European Union laws.
In other words:

We tried to be sneaky and implement this idea without talking to you. In the future we will instead hold consultations, the results of which we will totally ignore, to demonstrate that we are listening to the fan base. We continue to strongly believe that a tournament self-regulated by the clubs which participate in it is the best way forward. We are desperate for cash and will do everything we can to make this happen.

90 + 5min

They should focus on surviving as a club instead of going around circles and trying to promote something nobody is intrested in. With a financial meldown in some of the clubs, they should be lucky to survive this year without going out of business.

Ixion

I'd love for them to host some competition with these 3 and whatever second-tier clubs they can convince to join them.

Hulksmash

Noone stops the bankrupt clubs to create the Super League. Just do 3 man Super League, Premiere League and Bundesliga Team won't join

Infestissumam

crazy idea: maybe don't sign players to ridiculous contracts (see: Alaba) when you're so worried about sustainability and stuff.

honestly, these three can go pound sand.

Crustanoid

Let’s start plundering their best players as the clubs crash and burn. Idiocy of the highest order