European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Dont try and act like your support of this garbage is because you want to see Sky get their just desserts. You only care about Ronaldo and Messi and watching highlight reels instead of actual football, its OK to admit that.
I genuinely don’t really care about the outcome I decided today. The football I loved went about 20 years ago. This makes little difference to me.

Real Name

The more I think about this the more it seems like who has a bigger contest. And more this mad mad Perez speaks more I'm convinced a middle ground will be found.
I mean the whole plan seems like something that has been done in a rush just for the sake of it. 12 clubs, 3 more invited, which ones, qualification for 5 more, which 5, from which leagues, how would qualification work and would that and that league even allow it. Don't get me started with the logo. What the hell is that? My 7 year old daughter would make a better one.

The best part is uefa has been chopping chopping and changing CL to accommodate the big clubs and it still isn't enough.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
sure, i heard in the NFL they also moved some teams, just moved them to different states. You think we will still be based in Manchester in 10 years. Feck all this.
Yep it happens all the time. Oakland Raiders a year ago got moved to Los Vegas for example. Chargers moved from San Diego to Los Angeles even though Los Angeles already had the Rams (which were previously in St. Louis). These are big cities and they lost their teams. Its disgusting. Everything that can be done must be done to stop this. Everything.

RedRover

Most of this post is what I’m hoping happens to these rich selfish fecks. Leave their national leagues for their tinpot competition and a few or most players leave SL teams to join PL and other league teams to play in a serious competition leaving these rich pricks out in the wilderness. Just so disappointed United are involved in it.
Indeed. Right now, if the club pushes on with this it may as well be an NFL franchise or an e-sports team. It's no longer the club I support, it's history is gone.

I'll just continue to watch my local club and the PL. How I feel at the moment, if the club folded in a few years I wouldn't care.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Id say COVID has had more of an influence over all this, Levy had created a lot in the new stadium as a way to earn extra income that really so far hasn't been really used.
The project pre-dates covid. Not only the G-14 was created in 2000 for that goal but even more recently football leaks revealed this plan in 2018.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Serie A Assembly: "With this much extra money we can't possibly compete with Inter, Milan and Juventus", to which Agnelli replied with: "I see no change, we've been winning for 80 years".
:lol:

The amount of arrogance is staggering

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Aplogies if this has been discussed before, but would the members of Real and / or Barca be able to overthrow the decision of their management?
Probably but the thing is the Spanish clubs need the Super League more than the English clubs but more susceptible to fan protests. Florentino has been pushing for this for decades.

slored1

Serie A Assembly: "With this much extra money we can't possibly compete with Inter, Milan and Juventus", to which Agnelli replied with: "I see no change, we've been winning for 80 years".
Now I actually understand why Pirlo was hired. They wanted to spend the least amount of money possible before the confirmation of Super League. It wouldn't matter if they win or lose the Serie A, they are in the SL anyway.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
They’re really scared now though and it shows. Feck them. They created this. Time they had a taste of their own medicine.
Yes let’s totally ruin the sport to teach sky a lesson. That’ll show everyone!

red4ever 79

Yep it happens all the time. Oakland Raiders a year ago got moved to Los Vegas for example. Chargers moved from San Diego to Los Angeles even though Los Angeles already had the Rams (which were previously in St. Louis). These are big cities and they lost their teams. Its disgusting. Everything that can be done must be done to stop this. Everything.
Sickening my friend. I havent eaten properly in 2 days. This cannot go ahead it will destroy everything. People thinking we are over dramatizing, this is just the beginning. First the super league, then changing the club names, changing were they are based, games on in different continents, matches shortened into multiple quarters for additional adds. This is breaking my heart.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
And now they're called Las Vegas Raiders. Keep this shameless Americanization and all their name/stadium shenanigans out of football.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Takes some doing to come out of this as the biggest cnut but Agnelli is putting in great work on that front.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
all the utd players very quiet on twitter, none of them posted since the 18th. Ed probably told them not to
Absolute cowards.

I don't care if you've been told not to say anything.

The first team players are already millionaires and even if they got sacked, they'd be fine.

But sacking would just look worse for the Glazers, so what are you afraid of, Rashford, Pogba, Maguire?

True colours show at times like these. I know people go on about Rashford but principles are respected because they endure. Let's see if they come through this test.

Makelele

The more I think about this the more it seems like who has a bigger contest. And more this mad mad Perez speaks more I'm convinced a middle ground will be found.
I mean the whole plan seems like something that has been done in a rush just for the sake of it. 12 clubs, 3 more invited, which ones, qualification for 5 more, which 5, from which leagues, how would qualification work and would that and that league even allow it. Don't get me started with the logo. What the hell is that? My 7 year old daughter would make a better one.

The best part is uefa has been chkpiong chopping and changing CL to accommodate the big clubs and it still isn't enough.
Yeah, it reeks of haste. Specially for something this massive, you cannot just present cardboard drawings for your plans. That makes me think they just threw this out to rattle UEFA who they probably believe have gone too far in their dealings (the latest revamp being an example).

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Does anyone know what the global fan bases are saying, it's ok to say that the Manchester or Liverpool fans are demonstrating outside stadiums, but what's happening with supporters clubs in other parts of the world? I imagine some are probably excited by this, hoping some games could be played in their vicinity?

I get the feeling it's only the global supporters whom these clubs are interested in.

stevoc

Fan loyalties aside, you had to feel for Klopp being the first one in front of the cameras after the announcement.

He must be absolutely fuming with the owners.
Same with Solskjaer on sunday.

R77

No the owners and CEO's are, bet the board members, managers, players aren't. Get it right.
This is what the whole thing is driving home for me. I think as fans of this team in particular, we've become accustomed to compartmentalising it as the 'club' being the players, the manager, the stadium, the history. All of it is tarnished and endangered now because of the business psychos. I'm gutted for Ole and the players, and mortified in general.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
My point (perhaps clumsily put) was that there are other clubs with a lot of history. Villa and Nottingham Forrest have won the European Cup (something Arsenal haven't done), for example. Everton have won league titles.

Are Arsenal, on current form (and over the last few years) more deserving that other PL clubs who have a history too?
Who cares????? It's not clumsily put just a really irrelevant and stupidly out of place attempt at point scoring tribalism, the exact type of tribalism that makes owners think with some foundation that they can and would get away with pulling these types of moves in the first place.

Makelele

Absolute cowards.

The first team players are already millionaires and even if they got sacked, they'd be fine.

But sacking would just look worse for the Glazers, so what are you afraid of, Rashford, Pogba, Maguire?

True colours show at times like these. I know people go on about Rashford but principles are respected because they endure. Let's see if they come through this test.
Calm down. You are talking like its about apartheid or something. It is a business decision.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I'm sure the media will try and test their resolve but these clubs knew exactly what they signed up for, the second the announcement was made there was already no turning back. Everyone who's joined the Super League wants to be a part of it, their journalists will try and paint a pretty picture for their reasoning but there's 0 chance anyone pulls out, why would they?

Kingantti1874

Supports
Hearts
So the games were not competitive because greedy clubs and greedy leagues hoarded wealth. And the solution is to hoard even more money and even more wealth?I suspect they will lose plenty of fans. Kicking a ball around with no consequences or rewards is not football.

Have they even considered how it will affect the dynamics of the game on the pitch ?

Why would players bust a gut when there is no downside, why would they play through the pain barrier and strain every sinew to achieve an outcome in a game that doesn’t matter. Why would fans be emotionally invested if they can just try again next year.

it will be the biggest mistake in the history of the sport. I won’t be watching it at all, not a single minute. It’s will be no more interesting than a pre season friendly

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
It was John Henry who said the first guy through the wall, will always get a bit bloody. They would have expected the backlash.

Here's a clip from Moneyball where he supposedly said it.

RUCK4444

Fan loyalties aside, you had to feel for Klopp being the first one in front of the cameras after the announcement.

He must be absolutely fuming with the owners.
I think Ole was the first manager as the news broke during our Sunday game, he literally didn't know what to say.

The way the managers and players have been handled during this is a disgrace, completely done behind their backs.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Absolute cowards.

They are not freedom fighters. This notion that they should go against their employers publicly is just naive and stupid. No one here will do it. Not sure why it is expected of players and managers