Music Eurovision 2021 | ZERO POINTS TO UNITED KINGDOM

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Italy's band has been going for 5 years, was runner-up in Italian X-Factor and has already released albums. If you put some unknown up there like the UK did, you'll get nothing. I read that he's been successful as a songwriter, but he's not well-known as a performer.

The UK used to win it when people like Cliff Richard and Lulu were taking part. They were massive stars at the time, of course.
We could resurrect the dead members of the Beatles and have them perform for the UK and we would still be at the bottom.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
It’s kind of strange that the UK always scores so badly in this. I can’t quite get my head around it as we used to do really well. Our entry is always pretty shit but never much different or so much worse than the other entries. We have a rich history of exporting music, some of the greatest bands of all time are British. We don’t have a reputation for poor music such as we have for poor food for example, so it’s clearly not a meritocracy in any way.
Are we simply the least liked country in Europe? We don’t even have an ally that regularly votes for us the way Slovenia and Slovakia will always give each other 12 points. Do the people of Lithuania feel a much greater affinity towards France than the Uk for example. It’s all quite strange.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
It’s kind of strange that the UK always scores so badly in this. I can’t quite get my head around it as we used to do really well. Our entry is always pretty shit but never much different or so much worse than the other entries. We have a rich history of exporting music, some of the greatest bands of all time are British. We don’t have a reputation for poor music such as we have for poor food for example, so it’s clearly not a meritocracy in any way.
Are we simply the least liked country in Europe? We don’t even have an ally that regularly votes for us the way Slovenia and Slovakia will always give each other 12 points. Do the people of Lithuania feel a much greater affinity towards France than the Uk for example. It’s all quite strange.
Your songs are shit and not original or well executed in terms of show. This sort of arguments were always being made in the Netherlands too. We never got to the final. But then we started to send decent artists and songs and now we often do well. The UK is certainly not hated in the Netherlands. Don’t know about other counties.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Switzerland getting so many public votes is not believable at all.
He was probably the best vocalist there by some margin to be fair. The song was also fairly decent, if not typical Eurovision.

Smores

No our acts are just really bad. If we stop sending x factor style rejects signing awful pop songs we may do better.

I mean we don't listen to them ourselves so why would anyone else vote for them.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If we sent Dua Lipa or Adele I'm sure we'd win.

Instead we send the likes of Lee Cattermole.

Lay

People on my Facebook were surprisingly furious we got 0 points :lol:

Didn’t realise it was that serious

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Do you think people from all around the Europe thought that was second or third best song last night?
I think they got most of their points from the juries, and in the public votes, they got quite few, 60-odd i think?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Seems to be an uproar about the Italian lad allegedly doing coke in the green room?

hobbers

Anyone who takes Eurovision seriously probably has a few screws loose.

We should be sending piss take acts every year.

diarm

It's ridiculous that people actually think he was doing a line here. His nose is inches above the table :lol:
You can't see what's behind the drinks bowl to be fair. He has the distinct look of a lad whipping a bump off a key to be fair.

There was another picture doing the rounds that looked like a baggy on the table.

Withnail

You can't see what's behind the drinks bowl to be fair. He has the distinct look of a lad whipping a bump off a key to be fair.

There was another picture doing the rounds that looked like a baggy on the table.
Watch it again and look at where his hands are. The key would have to be levitating in the air in front of him.

diarm

Watch it again and look at where his hands are. The key would have to be levitating in the air in front of him.
I get that, but we can't see what's behind that bowl. He could've had it sat up on something

Withnail

I get that, but we can't see what's behind that bowl. He could've had it sat up on something
It seems more and more far-fetched if we're inventing potential platforms.

He's some man if he's doing a line hands-free off a platform of some kind and doesn't even have to give it another few sniffs when he's done.

Lay

They've shown a picture from the side that shows him checking the broken glass on the floor.

diarm

It seems more and more far-fetched if we're inventing potential platforms.

He's some man if he's doing a line hands-free off a platform of some kind and doesn't even have to give it another few sniffs when he's done.
I reckon it's way more far fetched to assume absolutely every person on that stage last night wasn't coked up beyond belief.

Classical Mechanic

Anyone who takes Eurovision seriously probably has a few screws loose.

We should be sending piss take acts every year.
Indeed. Sending Adele or Dua Lipa would be like sending the SAS to break up a 16th birthday party that’s got a little rowdy.

We need to start sending some great British eccentrics. I’m sure that Count Binface would be up for it.

lsd

The Oracle
It's ridiculous that people actually think he was doing a line here. His nose is inches above the table :lol:

I wouldn't have thought he was sniffing though his mate on the right quickly nudging him when he saw the camera on him didn't help and his excuse about he was just picking up glass pieces

hobbers

He sure as shit wasn't picking up glass when BOTH HIS HANDS ARE ON THE TABLE :lol: :lol:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
On mature reflection and looking past my crush on the French singer, Lithuania shoulda won it.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Just heard the Italian song. Weird that it's actually on Eurosong, I always expect unlistenable pop/dance cringefest. Not that it's a great song, it's okay. Glad it won.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The UK isn't liked in Europe right now, quite honestly. It was a bad year to be the UK representative.
I didn't think he sung it very well either. Is he even a very good singer? I heard he did more writing than performing.

Leg-End

He was out of breath halfway through, it wasn’t a good performance. It was like watching Anderson at work.

LDUred

It was harsh on James Newman. He's clearly an honest guy with a positive, upbeat mindset and he smiled through the attempts to humiliate him like a good person does.

Personally, I found the song and performance blameless.