Music Eurovision 2022 | IT'S COMING HOME | Status: went to UKraine | Caf: UK ROBBED | Russian media: UK are the winners | UK host 2023 | Liverpool* hosting

HTG

Supports
Bayern
UK were the bad kind of good. Acts like these should not win here. This is for acts who are the good kind of bad. So Moldova is the real winner here.

El Zoido

Ukraines song was absolute dogshit. Great for them to win it on a pity vote because they got blown up by Russia. It’s basically a Make-A-Wish victory. Your song’s shit but we feel sorry for you. :lol: Actually feel bad for the UK for actually having the best song for once and it comes in a year when a little country got invaded by Russia.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I love it when there are crazy folksy breaks in Eurovision songs. Can't get enough of that.

led_scholes

UK and Moldova the best for me. Still surprised by how few points Germany got. Yeah nothing special, but it's not like the Swiss ballad was far more generic and boring.

phelans shorts

Ukraines song was absolute dogshit. Great for them to win it on a pity vote because they got blown up by Russia. It’s basically a Make-A-Wish victory. Your song’s shit but we feel sorry for you. :lol: Actually feel bad for the UK for actually having the best song for once and it comes in a year when a little country got invaded by Russia.
“Little”? Ukraine is the second biggest country in Europe, and third is a long way off them

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think you're taking this a little too seriously maybe? sheesh did you actually just write that.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
No but if their song was absolute garbage I don't think they'd have won.
I could have represented them and tried to yodle, which i don't know how to do, and they'd still win.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Relax mate, its a bit of fun. Not sure how Ukraine are a little country either.

The Firestarter

Tells us how you really feel.

Grib

Think you're taking this a little too seriously maybe? sheesh did you actually just write that.
Right? I mean surely the integrity of the eurovison song contest has to be upheld regardless of what's happening in Ukraine right now :houllier:

not even going to put it in white text
/s

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Christ.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Ukraine's sing was actually banging.

UK's was better though

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
They came fifth in jury vote, so that isn’t true. It would likely have been a contender and top five finisher even without the war. I personally like the song and have listened to it a lot, even before I knew it was the Ukrainian Eurovision entry.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Impressive end run for Worst Post of the Year :lol:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
El Zoido in this thread next year:

"Little Ukraine have got to go to Azerbaijan and get something, and I'll tell you, honestly, I would love it if we beat them. Love it!"

Dante

Average bang
UK won the neutral jury vote, Ukraine won the public sympathy vote. I think that's a moral victory of sorts.

Not gonna begrudge Ukraine their win, though. Eurovision has never been a song contest. It's always been is a campy political popularity contest. That's the game.

Still, it's nice to see that the UK aren't as hated as they used to be. I think Brexit has actually helped us in that regard. Whereas we used to be a big player on the European stage that threw its weight around, now we're the small fry that's getting tossed around by the EU instead.

It seems like Germany have taken the mantle of being the Europe's baddies again (withholding support from Ukraine and delaying the decision on gas imports from Russia).