Evan Ferguson - Top Irish Prospect

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Now I'm picturing Irish players bursting into a choreographed musical number in the middle of a match.
:lol:

Exactly. A future some of you lot are sleepwalking towards.

Red00012

Kane.

This kid's nowhere near ready and regardless I don't support the singing of Irish players.
You should do some research on Irish players that have played and managed the club.

Nori-

Don't know much about him but in my FM23 run with Brighton he becomes world class. That's enough for me.

DOTA

You should do some research on Irish players that have played and managed the club.
I've come to terms with those parts of our history but they are not to be repeated.

DOTA

We're extremely lacking in centre forward options, we cannot expend a huge portion of our budget on a guy who has got 6 league goals so far in his career, as promising as he may be. It just doesn't work for us this summer.

Shorter than you imagined.
Rumours of my demise at the hands of The Green Menace are greatly exaggerated.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Buy him and loan to Brighton for next season. He needs a second season of playing many games in the Prem. If we leave this for 2 season he will go to a better team
Out of interest, why do you think Brighton would want to do this?

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
I know there's a dearth of strikers in Europe at the moment, but but Ferguson is not a 'sure' talent like Rooney at the age of 18. Ferguson may or may not be an elite talent.

Secondly, he is not ready to lead the line for a club like United, even Rooney came to a settled United with RvN carrying the responsibility.

Brighton are a more settled side than us,they have Welbeck and Undav to share the burden with,for his own sake,it's better he stays at Brighton.

DOTA

Out of interest, why do you think Brighton would want to do this?
I don't think it's a good idea and I certainly don't think it's a serious possibility.... but given how many years you have spent dreaming of having a striker capable of putting the ball in the back of the net I think it'd be odd if you turned your nose up at getting another season of this one who's looking pretty good at it.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I don't think it's a good idea and I certainly don't think it's a serious possibility.... but given how many years you have spent dreaming of having a striker capable of putting the ball in the back of the net I think it'd be odd if you turned your nose up at getting another season of this one who's looking pretty good at it.
I think we'd be far better off keeping him for two more seasons, developing him and then selling him for 3 times what we'd get now.

DOTA

I think we'd be far better off keeping him for two more seasons, developing him and then selling him for 3 times what we'd get now.
I was imagining this would involve a fee that if multiplied 3 times would break the world transfer record, I don't know if that's the level you think it's probable he will reach in two years?

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Why would we need to worry about getting another season, when he has literally just signed a new long term contract and we have no need to sell? Surely we’d just not sell him? It doesn’t make any sense to me.

DOTA

Why would we need to worry about getting another season, when he has literally just signed a new long term contract and we have no need to sell? Surely we’d just not sell him? It doesn’t make any sense to me.
Teams sometimes decide a bid is high enough to be worth selling the player.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I was imagining this would involve a fee that if multiplied 3 times would break the world transfer record, I don't know if that's the level you think it's probable he will reach in two years?
Maybe an exaggeration, but we will likely get more for him in 2-3 seasons than we would this summer with only one more season if he was loaned back to us, there is just no motivation for us to do that.

DOTA

Maybe an exaggeration, but we will likely get more for him in 2-3 seasons than we would this summer with only one more season if he was loaned back to us, there is just no motivation for us to do that.
The motivation would be if someone offered you more money than it would be sensible to turn down.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
The motivation would be if someone offered you more money that it would be sensible to turn down.
If, hypothetically, that was the case - then why would a club spend an enormous fee on signing a player only to loan them to a rival? If a club did indeed make an offer the club felt bound to accept, then the player would unquestionably involved in the buying club’s first team squad.

If Manchester United spent, let’s say, £70m of their limited funds on a striker, you can be sure he will be at least on the bench come the first game of the season. Not even the richest clubs like Real Madrid, Manchester City or PSG would spend such an astronomical sum and then let a rival club use their expensive new asset free of charge.

It makes absolutely zero sense.

DOTA

If, hypothetically, that was the case - then why would a club spend an enormous fee on signing a player only to loan them to a rival? If a club did indeed make an offer the club felt bound to accept, then the player would unquestionably involved in the buying club’s first team squad.

If Manchester United spent, let’s say, £70m of their limited funds on a striker, you can be sure he will be at least on the bench come the first game of the season. Not even the richest clubs like Real Madrid, Manchester City or PSG would spend such an astronomical sum and then let a rival club use their expensive new asset free of charge.

It makes absolutely zero sense.
I don't disagree with any of this. I'm not sure the narrowness of my argument is being appreciated.

Hammondo

I know there's a dearth of strikers in Europe at the moment, but but Ferguson is not a 'sure' talent like Rooney at the age of 18. Ferguson may or may not be an elite talent.

Secondly, he is not ready to lead the line for a club like United, even Rooney came to a settled United with RvN carrying the responsibility.

Brighton are a more settled side than us,they have Welbeck and Undav to share the burden with,for his own sake,it's better he stays at Brighton.
He doesn't start consistently for Brighton, I understand how people expect him to do it for us. It's not like he's setting the PL on fire either.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If Ferguson is going to be worth £70m after three seasons in the Premier League, and impressive enough for Manchester United to want to sign him, then why not just offer £20-£25m in the summer and get him now? Save yourselves a fortune…

Bonkers!
The is exactly what Man Utd wouldn't do.

Oscar Bonavena

He's not ready for a move to United yet, we need to see a few more seasons of him in the PL.

He's not a Rooney, who was a precocious talent, but at the same time he's ahead of where Kane was at the same age. But the test for Ferguson will come next season when defences work him out.

But right now we need an experienced, proven goalscorer. And right now, that's Kane, not Ferguson.

Blood Mage

Like Hojlund he's obviously talented but he isn't ready for the step up to United yet and we're not in a position to be able to gamble on a new forward. We need a guaranteed world class goalscorer.