Evan Ferguson - Top Irish Prospect

FerociousCorgis

Love all the people who are somehow so sure he's not ready for united. As if he hasn't been playing for a club in the premier league who are just so far down the table. I'm sure he'd be fine trying to replace the powerhouse martial/wout strike force

Love all the people who are somehow so sure he's not ready for united. As if he hasn't been playing for a club in the premier league who are just so far down the table. I'm sure he'd be fine trying to replace the powerhouse martial/wout strike force
It’s ridiculous. We've played Brighton 3 times and they dominated large portions of each game. Ferguson will be fine here.

Real Name

I know there's a dearth of strikers in Europe at the moment, but but Ferguson is not a 'sure' talent like Rooney at the age of 18. Ferguson may or may not be an elite talent.

Secondly, he is not ready to lead the line for a club like United, even Rooney came to a settled United with RvN carrying the responsibility.

Brighton are a more settled side than us,they have Welbeck and Undav to share the burden with,for his own sake,it's better he stays at Brighton.
If he can work with Welbeck and Unday I'm sure he can work with our front line too. At this moment we're in the same boat as Brighton.

marktan

I think some of the posters above are missing the point that it's because Brighton dominate possession and have an attacking style of play, Ferguson will get goals.

Same reason Sancho scored so many in the Bundesliga against weak defences. Why Antony had good stats with some very poor goals at Ajax.

A better way to judge players in heavily attacking teams is to judge their individual qualities. First touch, how they create space for themselves, dribbling ability, link up play etc. Ferguson is very young so he'll improve but I haven't seen anything to suggest he's a top level talent yet.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think some of the posters above are missing the point that it's because Brighton dominate possession and have an attacking style of play, Ferguson will get goals.

Same reason Sancho scored so many in the Bundesliga against weak defences. Why Antony had good stats with some very poor goals at Ajax.

A better way to judge players in heavily attacking teams is to judge their individual qualities. First touch, how they create space for themselves, dribbling ability, link up play etc. Ferguson is very young so he'll improve but I haven't seen anything to suggest he's a top level talent yet.
Wellbeck, Undav etc play in the same team. You are discrediting Ferguson, his individual quality is noticeable.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yes let’s aim at someone who can achieve the impossible and replace Martial. Great plan.

He’s a kid. Obviously people are going to be skeptical over him being our main number 9 signing. You underestimate how big a club this is. If he can genuinely take that mantle up already then he’s a truly unique talent.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Our target isn't just to get anyone who is better than Weghorst or Martial. You know that right?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think the point is more the roles he's have in each team.

He's been excellent at Brighton so far, but in a rotation role that has seen him start 9 of the 17 league games he's featured in.

Being the main CF at United week in week out would be quite different.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Trying to think of a big club who's gone in to a season with their first choice centre forward being 18 years old.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
If your good enough. Your old enough.
I don't think so. It's too much pressure.

Not that I think there's reason to believe he's good enough. He has 6 league goals. Our sample size is miniscule here.

Bojan Djordjic

Our target isn't just to get anyone who is better than Weghorst or Martial. You know that right?
He's got the third highest goals per minute behind Haaland and Salah in the league. That is good going no matter how you look at it for a kid who started the season aged 17 and has 10 PL games under his belt.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's got the third highest goals per minute behind Haaland and Salah in the league. That is good going no matter how you look at it for a kid who started the season aged 17 and has 10 PL games under his belt.
Your point evaporated when you noted he's only played 10 games.
In no world should we bring in an 18 year old with just 10 games under his belt to lead our line.

I am really into Ferguson as a striker but he's not the play this season. We want to bridge the gap now and Kane is a huge stride toward doing that. Ferguson + Kane? Lay it on me.

Ferguson alone? Nah

Bojan Djordjic

In no world should we bring in an 18 year old with just 10 games under his belt to lead our line.

I am really into Ferguson as a striker but he's not the play this season. We want to bridge the gap now and Kane is a huge stride toward doing that. Ferguson + Kane? Lay it on me.

Ferguson alone? Nah
Ordinarily I would agree but he's only 18. He's played an additional 4.3 90s in cups and has 4 goals and an assist to show for those extra minutes. That is enough of a sample to show that he's not an ordinary teenager. It's also not like he's running hot as his xG is only marginally behind his actuals.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ordinarily I would agree but he's only 18. He's played an additional 4.3 90s in cups and has 4 goals and an assist to show for those extra minutes. That is enough of a sample to show that he's not an ordinary teenager. It's also not like he's running hot as his xG is only marginally behind his actuals.
No one is denying hes an ordinary teenager.
Im just saying he's not the play for this season. We need an established bonafied striker who bridged the gap on a mamouth team.

CM10

Ferguson alone? Nah
We aren't bridging that gap now, even with Kane. City are too far in the distance to think about catching them in one season, it'll be two minimum and that's only if we get our recruitment right. Ferguson would be a bit of a punt but it's still one I'd be ready for us to take, even as a teenager he's far better than any of the strikers we've currently got.

OleGunnar20

I think it'd be a bad idea to go for him at the price Brighton would be sure to demand. Not yet at least.

The pressure would be enormous, and we've seen how that turns out more often than not.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We aren't bridging that gap now, even with Kane. City are too far in the distance to think about catching them in one season, it'll be two minimum and that's only if we get our recruitment right. Ferguson would be a bit of a punt but it's still one I'd be ready for us to take, even as a teenager he's far better than any of the strikers we've currently got.
Kane bridges the center forward gap they have in Haaland.
And I never said we buy just Kane.

dubplate warrior

Would rather we sign Hojlund this year and go big on Ferguson next year if he continues his current trajectory, similar ceiling to Mason imo.

Bojan Djordjic

I've never seen someone kick a ball into an empty net that well.
There was a video going around of Elanga doing drills last year where he's dribbling through cones and then hits a bender into the top right corner and it just illustrated the difference between these guys. Simple stuff but the execution was so flawless. Elanga, who is probably one of our least talented forwards and his precision in dribbling and ball striking is just not something I could ever replicate even into an empty net and unchallenged. These guys are such freaks. It's sobering when you realise that someone like him is probably closer in talent to Messi than I am to a Wout Weghorst level footballer.

Withnail

There was a video going around of Elanga doing drills last year where he's dribbling through cones and then hits a bender into the top right corner and it just illustrated the difference between these guys. Simple stuff but the execution was so flawless. Elanga, who is probably one of our least talented forwards and his precision in dribbling and ball striking is just not something I could ever replicate even into an empty net and unchallenged. These guys are such freaks. It's sobering when you realise that someone like him is probably closer in talent to Messi than I am to a Wout Weghorst level footballer.
Oh yeah the amount of talent required to even be a mediocre Premier League footballer is staggering.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
I think he could score more than 20 this season if he stays injury free.

Lights Out

How much would they want for him? Hopefully he doesn’t sign a long contract and will be available in a couple of years.

arnie_ni

How much would they want for him? Hopefully he doesn’t sign a long contract and will be available in a couple of years.
Itl be at least 100 mil if he's anyway good. It's the going rate when you factor in PL tax.

I'd wager Halland leaves city for Spain and they replace him with ferguson

Last edited:

Baxquux

He's got a long contract, and according to the ITKs, won't be available for another three years ( though I guess you could have said Caicedo wasn't available this summer either)...

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Itl be at least 100 mil if he's anyway good. It's the going rate when you factor in English tax.

I'd wager Halland leaves city for Spain and they replace him with ferguson
:mad:

SamVimes

Is english tax not English club to English club? Have I been using this wrong?
Yes you have. He is Irish, playing in the Premier League. If you want to use the term Premier league tax that would make more sense.