Evan Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Will this club ever let the obsession with Fergie go? Now we are even targeting his grandkids.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Will this club ever let the obsession with Fergie go? Now we are even targeting his grandkids.
agreed. just because he’s called ferguson and he is scottish, it doesn’t automatically he’ll be any good. and let’s not forget, sir alex was only any good because we paid the fa off for referees and that. and there was no good competition in the league.

edgecutter

agreed. just because he’s called ferguson and he is scottish, it doesn’t automatically he’ll be any good. and let’s not forget, sir alex was only any good because we paid the fa off for referees and that. and there was no good competition in the league.
This

El Zoido

What’s the point in waiting for his value to go up further? Is it club strategy to wait until a player is worth £80m before going for him?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What’s the point in waiting for his value to go up further? Is it club strategy to wait until a player is worth £80m before going for him?
It's not like you're going to get him for a bargain bucket deal this summer. The boy looks a talent but he's started 9 premier league matches. I think it's totally fair to wait a little longer.

Zlatattack

We should be all over this guy. Even buy him this season and loan him back if we secure a first choice striker.

Crimson King

We should be all over this guy. Even buy him this season and loan him back if we secure a first choice striker.
Brighton would never allow that, and even if they did he'd barely play. They'd prioritise playing their other players, like that lad they've signed from Watford.

L1nk

I'm not sure why people think Brighton will sell, they're under no pressure to, they're about to get in a European cup competition for the first time in their history, he's 18 and he just signed a contract until 2028, they're on the ascendency.

All this talk of buying him this season and loaning him back or getting him next season is complete nonsense.

KeanoMagicHat

Shouldn’t buy him yet, not even 19 until later in the year. Give him a few years at Brighton to establish himself. I’m a big fan but serious pressure to lead the line at United at that age. Even Rooney had two full seasons at Everton before he signed.

captain666

He's Irish!

Nori-

How much would this guy cost?

Could he be a second striker for us after Kane?

With Brighton in Europe now and definitely losing a few top players, i cant see them doing a fair deal with Ferguson.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He's already going to command a fee in that region. With Premier League players it's actually pointless to buy them before they prove themselves because you are not getting any value anyway, they all cost £40m+ (and £60m+ for key players) when they move from another PL team to one of the big guns, and at least you can wait to see how they perform over longer stretch to get some reassurance.

The difference in Ferguson's price is probably between £75m or so now, with him being largely unproven, and about £90m to £100m if he goes on to become a top player and a consistent scorer.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Loan him back:lol:

Man,people are talking as if we are dealing with a League one team.

Oranges038

He'll cost 80m as it is. Next year it could be over 100m.

For that money, forget about Kane or Oshimen, I'd put the money on him now, if he's good enough he'll succeed.

dweb

According to Skysport, we tried to sign him before Brighton got him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
According to Skysport, we tried to sign him before Brighton got him.
I think he had several offers, but Brighton offered the best path to the first team. Was on trial at Liverpool too, I believe.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

For that money, forget about Kane or Oshimen, I'd put the money on him now, if he's good enough he'll succeed.
He's 18. So many things can go wrong for players at that age, and even if they are elite talents and absolutely good enough, the wrong move at the wrong time can absolutely feck them over. We've seen it time and time again with a lot of our own youngsters the past 10 years. It wasn't all down to certain players not stepping up or not being good enough. It was mostly on our coaching/development failures.

cyberman

Not a chance would he cost 80m! He’s only played a handful of games

Sgreddevil

If we dont have the budget for Kane or Oshimen, he is probably a good alternative. Better than depending on a half fit martial and goalless weghorst. We need a proper No 9 to make a decent challenge next season.

FerociousCorgis

if we are talking about ferguson (hard to tell i didnt try and follow the quotes up) he will def cost at least 80 i bet. Ill be very curious what brighton do this transfer window. If they trust their scouting department and signings, they can absolutely crush this transfer window. Between mccalister, caicedo, and ferguson alone they could come close to 275-million in transfer money.

cyberman

He absolutely would. He's a player who they have absolutely no intention of selling this early. You have to pay a premium for that.
Yeah they might not want to sell him but that doesn’t mean he’s worth 80m
You can’t really price a player for what he might become, it’s always been a pet hate of mine.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Still prefer we get Kane for 3/4 years and get Ferguson as his replacement if his development continues. If not we go somebody else to replace Kane when the time comes.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Still prefer we get Kane for 3/4 years and get Ferguson as his replacement if his development continues. If not we go somebody else to replace Kane when the time comes.
Kane is going to last 4 years? I’ll give him 2 years

Oranges038

He's 18. So many things can go wrong for players at that age, and even if they are elite talents and absolutely good enough, the wrong move at the wrong time can absolutely feck them over. We've seen it time and time again with a lot of our own youngsters the past 10 years. It wasn't all down to certain players not stepping up or not being good enough. It was mostly on our coaching/development failures.
Yeah, it can, but every transfer is a gamble to some extent. This is what Madrid do, spend big on players early and solidify positions for years to come. They've done it time and time again over the last 10-15 years Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Casemiro, Vinicius, Camavinga etc etc.

Utd have done it with Shaw and Martial?

So yeah, there's a risk, but for 80m you could get 10-15 years out of him. With Kane you get 3 maybe 4, Oshimen 5 or 6.

He would cost whatever Brighton ask for. He's already a 1 in 2 striker at 18. Brigthon have no need to sell. 80m at least to get him away from there.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Kane is going to last 4 years? I’ll give him 2 years
Yeah I'd say so. He's not a player that relies greatly on pace and he seems to look after himself well so I think you will see still playing to a very good standard at 34. Zlatan was 36 wasn't he when he left us?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yeah I'd say so. He's not a player that relies greatly on pace and he seems to look after himself well so I think you will see still playing to a very good standard at 34. Zlatan was 36 wasn't he when he left us?
We were playing Europa league….
Its not about pace either, and Im talking about being a 30 goal a season striker (which is what we need)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Funny no not really
I was making a point. Why do you think he’s going to suddenly fall off a cliff when he’s never relied on pace and is an excellent professional?

We signed Sheringham when he was 31 and got 4 years out of him. Players last longer these days.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We were playing Europa league….
Its not about pace either, and Im talking about being a 30 goal a season striker (which is what we need)
Why won't he? If Kane gets chances he scores goals. All types of them too.

Why would Evan Ferguson guarantee them at 22/23 as well? He wouldn't would he.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I was making a point. Why do you think he’s going to suddenly fall off a cliff when he’s never relied on pace and is an excellent professional?

We signed Sheringham when he was 31 and got 4 years out of him. Players last longer these days.
TBF he was a squad player.

Signing Kane would be with the intent to be the main guy. Which means we need 4 years at an elite level out of him. Basically if he follows down the path of Ibra, Benzema, Lewandowski then we're fine. If he goes down RvP and many others path, then it would be a bad signing. That's why I'm just thinking it's smarter to wait to get him for free. We aren't winning the title anyway next year. Get a younger guy like Hojlund and address the other positions, and then if we need Kane next summer, get him then to replace Martial when his contract is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.