Everton’s New Proposed Stadium

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
An interesting design, pretty different to other new stadiums. Not sure I like it but that might just be the render of the metal roof surface. Big question though. Will it have a cheese room?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Q
An interesting design, pretty different to other new stadiums. Not sure I like it but that might just be the render of the metal roof surface. Big question though. Will it have a cheese room?

Looks a bit strange but I like seeing new stadiums in the prem.

SER19

I quite like it, but it will inevitably get called a giant bedpan

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Personally think it looks great. Going to be 50k+ initially but based on how well we fill it they're going to make it potentially be able to hold 60k+. Ready for 2023-24 so 5 years away. The home stand is going to be designed based around Dortmunds which will be awesome if they pull it off and they're trying to put in railing that can be used if safe standing becomes a thing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Personally think it looks great. Going to be 50k+ initially but based on how well we fill it they're going to make it potentially be able to hold 60k+. Ready for 2023-24 so 5 years away. The home stand is going to be designed based around Dortmunds which will be awesome if they pull it off and they're trying to put in railing that can be used if safe standing becomes a thing.
How are you going to afford a 500m stadium? I know money is rife in the PL and Everton have been pretty big spenders in the PL in recent years but you've never got the added income of European football. A big loan?

Another question I would have (and I'm completely naive on this subject) is why are all these new stadiums that are being built still smalller in capacity to Old Trafford?

El Zoido

Looks good. I really like the idea of the tunnel having a glass side panel to the bar/restaurant.

charlenefan

Looks good. I really like the idea of the tunnel having a glass side panel to the bar/restaurant.
I wasn't sure about that personally. I would assume the bar is for VIP's rather than the riff raff but even with the blacked out glass I'm not sure if that's something that will happen

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
How are you going to afford a 500m stadium? I know money is rife in the PL and Everton have been pretty big spenders in the PL in recent years but you've never got the added income of European football. A big loan?

Another question I would have (and I'm completely naive on this subject) is why are all these new stadiums that are being built still smalller in capacity to Old Trafford?
Moshiri is minted. Though he also admits we need to start putting pressure on the team to get higher up the table.

I also imagine the reason for capacity is that clubs think that they can invest and potentially gain more from everything else that the stadium has to offer aside from capacity. Plus the design of this stadium is about atmosphere hence the fans being as close to the pitch as possible and the 'Yellow Wall' stand design.

EDIT: It will be a mix of Moshiri, sponsor (Selling rights to stadium name) and other private investments.

Last edited:

podurban2

I don't think it was just a bar/restaurant. By the look of how narrow the aisles were in that video of the interior I am guessing that part is a very VIP area, similar to how City have their tunnel. Which IMO is a bit cringey.

Steve Bruce

I think the owner has deep pockets.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger

It'll be part loan and part sponsorship funded.

No one would fill an 80k stadium regularly enough for it to be worth the additional cost.

charlenefan

It'll be part loan and part sponsorship funded.

No one would fill an 80k stadium regularly enough for it to be worth the additional cost.
Not sure that's correct? I get it might not be worth Everton building a 80k person capacity stadium but what about Spurs'? Given the location even if there aren't 80k Spurs fans I'm sure it would still be a sell out for those just wanting an evening out

acnumber9

But only Spurs can have world class new stadiums that can host concerts and weddings and women’s football.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Not sure that's correct? I get it might not be worth Everton building a 80k person capacity stadium but what about Spurs'? Given the location even if there aren't 80k Spurs fans I'm sure it would still be a sell out for those just wanting an evening out
Tottenham had the right to use Wembley to its full capacity and never maxed out, they averaged 70642 in 17/18. Only the Wembley games last season saw them average 54,611.

No one would consistently fill their stadium above 80k, the cost to build vs the little income those extra seats would generate isn't worth it.

Irrational.

No mention of a cheese factory?

Disappointing.
Everyone knows a cheese room is of paramount importance when it comes to being considered as a top club. Just ask Glaston. Results, lack of trophies and signings are just distractions and completely irrelevant.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Everyone knows a cheese room is of paramount importance when it comes to being considered as a top club. Just ask Glaston. Results, lack of trophies and signings are just distractions and completely irrelevant.
When did Glaston actually imply all this?

prateik

It also looked like a one way mirror.. the players would have no idea someone on the other side is looking at them.. That is not a good idea. That design choice will probably change.

poleglass red

will there be somewhere in it where you can buy tapas and/or meat free burgers instead of traditional offerings such as meat pies

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

You just know it will end up costing probably closer to £750m. As for stadium size you want to make sure your stadium is full week in week out, having said that we sold out Wembly a good few times. Also bigger stadium higher price.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Isn't the start of the 2023-24 season only 4 years away?

Utd don’t sell out all their home games. I expect there is also some some of optimal capacity range, above which building costs start to get very expensive as an average cost per seat.

They do have the ability to add an extra 10k seats if they start selling out every week.

You don’t want a white elephant of a stadium that’s only 2/3 full.

After the initial ‘novelty’ of spurs being at Wembley, they didn’t sell out. I went to a few games the season before last, and the Madrid game was certaintly sold out, but the Utd and Arsenal games weren’t - still big crowds though.

Isn't the start of the 2023-24 season only 4 years away?
I’m sure given your expertise on tracking the spurs stadium, you can assist our Evertonian friends on timeframes, overruns and cost issues.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
looks good, would love to see Everton kick on and make the big 6 a big 7

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think the owner has deep pockets.
Not that deep. Just googling his net worth is at 2 billion. The stadium is a quarter of his entire worth. Loans will absolutely need to be used.

For reference Abramovic spent 1.5 upgrading Chelsea without upgrading the stadium. Football is expensive.

That all said the design looks fantastic. I’m glad that they’re putting in implementations for safe standing and an end similar to the Dortmund one which appears to be the new trend as Tottenham did the same.

diarm

Pfft. If Spurs new stadium was on a river they'd be hosting the University boat race and the America's Cup.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
But only Spurs can have world class new stadiums that can host concerts and weddings and women’s football.
Glaston has gotten his tendrils so deep into some of you it’s genuinely amazing. :lol: