Everton - What next?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Impressive today. Allan and Doucoure give them a very solid base to work from.

izec

Its only one game, but how in the living feck did Everton get a solo run at Allan? He's fantastic.
That is a good question. Could start for a top 4 team. It was a good transfer and i think he will prove to be one of their best players this season. He was great today.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Always liked Carlo. He bought well in one of the most under rated midfielders in the league in Doucoure and Allan is also a brilliant signing. However squad depth and quick successive games could be your down fall this season in particular. Gylfi Davies and Delph are mid table players at best.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They could be decent this season. But they hardly building for the future with some of their signings.
because we don’t need to build for the future right now. We finished in the bottom half. We need instant results now and then in 1-2 seasons time we can start building for the future.

Also Allan, Doucoure and James still have at least another 4 years in them.

kclord

Pickford made two important saves, but Richarlison should've passed to Calvert-Lewin for a tap-in, so it balances out. Everton passed the ball around brightly for large portions of the game, and the goal was great.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I thought they played fantastically today. Really impressed with them.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I think they will challenge for a EL spot this year. They have some good players and a top manager. Ancelotti has had time to bed in his tactics.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
James looked absolutely class. Let's see how he survives such a grueling campaign though, he's only played 40 times in the past two season combined with Bayern.

I kind of like what Carlo is doing there, always rated him and it's great to see a manager prove his ability at a different level. cough*Pep*cough.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tbh it's a bit weird how they have one of the top 3 managers in the league, and you can tell the impact he brings in just the players he can lure in. Both Allan and James will be fantastic signings for them, and purely because he knew them previously (and both excellent prices).

I worry for their lack of depth, mainly at either wing back especially with Coleman's injury history, but if they stay fit then they'll go a long way this season and will be a very good side. Richarlison gets better every year, James is a top player, Calvert Lewin is a very good striker and compliments Richarlison very well, a very solid midfieldtrio of Allan/Doucoure/Gomes behind them, and 2 very good wing backs. Probably my most intriguing team of the season, wondering how Ancelotti will ultimately do, but on paper looks good.

TheLord

Against Everton, Wolves, Leicester, Arsenal, Leeds, and (maybe) Spurs are six horrible fixtures where we are probably expected to win but can easily drop points this season. The top half of the table will be extremely competitive this season.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Ancelotti is building a nice team there. Their summer signings look inspired whilst the likes of Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin are developing into quality, consistent attackers.

I still think they should upgrade their goalkeeper and centre-back options, but everywhere else they look very solid at the minute.

RashyForPM

At least two major competitors to the Big 6 every season. Think there’s no doubt we’ve identified one now. They could make top 4 if they keep it up.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
At least two major competitors to the Big 6 every season. Think there’s no doubt we’ve identified one now. They could make top 4 if they keep it up.
Without a doubt. Without the strain of European football as well this season, they can build momentum and really get that consistency you need to get top 4. Allan and James bringing them top class midfielders and then Richarlison and DCL really developing into a brilliant partnership. And then brilliant fullbacks. Goes a long way.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I hope not even though they were our traditional rivals in the 70’s and 80’s, even more so than united at the time. Will make for great veiwing for the neutrals though if that intensity comes back. I dread the thought of them being relevant again. I have relatives lurking for years just waiting to pounce if they make it back to the upper reaches of the league.

Dorris

They were poor before the red. Talk of top 4 is ridiculously premature.

RashyForPM

Without a doubt. Without the strain of European football as well this season, they can build momentum and really get that consistency you need to get top 4. Allan and James bringing them top class midfielders and then Richarlison and DCL really developing into a brilliant partnership. And then brilliant fullbacks. Goes a long way.
And I do also rate Pickford. They only really have one weakness and that’s Mina. Their depth is strong too with Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Bernard, Kean, Walcott, Davies, Branthwaite etc. Very good team.

TheLord

They will get better as the season progresses, I think. Carlo is a fantastic manager.

They will have ambitions of finishing in the top four if they can get anything in the Merseyside derby.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Don't know whether to be happy I captained Richarlison (on fantasy football) or pissed I didn't bring in DCL.

ForeverRed1

bit much. It’s two games in. They do look very good though. Could be a difficult team to break down for sure. Not looking forward to playing them

RashyForPM

bit much. It’s two games in. They do look very good though. Could be a difficult team to break down for sure. Not looking forward to playing them
Did what they had to today, albeit against 10 men and deserved to hammer Spurs last week. They’ll be more than in the mix imo.

Superden

is it any surprise what happens when you hire one of the most decorated managers of all time, and then loosen the purse strings to sign players to a plan that actually address weaknesses in the squad and adds some stardust.?

paulscholes18

Definitely a contender for a top 4 finish with their midfield and forward line and no European distractions

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I can't believe nobody has signed Allan before or tried to get him from Napoli. He's so so good.

Josh 76

I can't believe nobody has signed Allan before or tried to get him from Napoli. He's so so good.
His name was mentioned a lot a few seasons ago, but it died down. I had forgotten all about him until Everton signed him.

starman

50/1....Not quite the 5000/1 Leicester were....

Anyone know what they were at the start of the season?