Everton - What next?

K_Ash

They are a Koulibaly-away from top 4. And with that Ancelotti connection, I would not rule out that type of signing

TheLord

They will easily be in the mix for the Champions Leauge spots for a very long time this season.

Idxomer

I think they'll get very close to finishing top 4 like Leicester last season, and it'll be a coin toss whether they'll be able to stay there at the end.

cyberman

I think they'll get very close to finishing top 4 like Leicester last season, and it'll be a coin toss whether they'll be able to stay there at the end.
Cant see it. Theyre a striker short imo. They need a Vardy to get close

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Well Carletto is a 3 times CL winning manager and a champion of Italy, England, France and Germany (he won also the Spanish Cup with Real) Of course he is one of the best managers of all time and i believe he is NOT so past it like the current manager of Spurs, for example.. But it's all about the quality of his players. Everton are failing a bit short in that department imo

izec

I can't believe nobody has signed Allan before or tried to get him from Napoli. He's so so good.
Him and James could play for top 4 teams with ease. Allan was always good for Napoli, but quite overlooked all these years IMO. Someone that goes under the radar for some reason, but if you watch the games, he plays well most of the time.

el3mel

Well Carletto is a 3 times CL winning manager and a champion of Italy, England, France and Germany (he won also the Spanish Cup with Real) Of course he is one of the best managers of all time and i believe he is NOT so past it like the current manager of Spurs, for example.. But it's all about the quality of his players. Everton are failing a bit short in that department imo
The fact Carlo actually stepped down to manage Everton proves he's past his best. He would have never accepted this job 5 years ago but because of his big failures at Bayern and Napoli he had to step down to a midtable job.

cyberman

Our striker has scored in every game so far and is top scorer in the league.
He has 29 goals for you in his career, going by wiki. Ill congratulate him on having a good 3 games i guess?
Do you think he can lead you to top 4 because he needs to do this throughout a long season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Both them and Liverpool will be 100% in the league when they meet week after next, what a derby it's going to be

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He has 29 goals for you in his career, going by wiki. Ill congratulate him on having a good 3 games i guess?
Do you think he can lead you to top 4 because he needs to do this throughout a long season.
I think he’ll get 20+ goals this season, yeah.

last year was the first time he’s been trusted as our no.1 striker and he was our top scorer in the league while playing with a midfield that barely created for him. Now he has a midfield that actually can create and he’s comfortable in the role.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The fact Carlo actually stepped down to manage Everton proves he's past his best. He would have never accepted this job 5 years ago but because of his big failures at Bayern and Napoli he had to step down to a midtable job.
No it doesn’t. It just shows that clubs are going in a different direction now.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Looking very very good, can see them going into the Merseyside Derby joint-top
I’m always nervous before the Derby. This time it’s different. It’s like the league has returned to the 80s. Too bad theres no crowd. It would be electric.

IrishMcD

Pickford is going to cost them points this year. Need a quality centre half as well but shows the difference a few signings can make to a team. Everton's midfield was so weak last year, getting bullied every weak and then bring in two absolute tanks in Allan and Doucoure and add the guile of James. Great business.

el3mel

No it doesn’t. It just shows that clubs are going in a different direction now.
Well yes it does. If you told anyone 2 years ago that Carlo will manage your team later he would have laughed hard at you. I think you yourself would have never believed that. After Carlo I don't think you'll manage to land a name that big again for a long time.

No big clubs are really interested in Carlo anymore so he simply had to step down and get a different job from the kind of ones he's used to.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Well yes it does. If you told anyone 2 years ago that Carlo will manage your team later he would have laughed hard at you. I think you yourself would have never believed that. After Carlo I don't think you'll manage to land a name that big again for a long time.

No big clubs are really interested in Carlo anymore so he simply had to step down and get a different job from the kind of ones he's used to.
Big clubs not being interested in him doesn’t mean he’s past his best.

el3mel

It does though ? I mean it means he's not as wanted as previously anymore.

I'm not saying he's totally washed out manager, you know. Just past his prime days.

diarm

They are a Koulibaly-away from top 4. And with that Ancelotti connection, I would not rule out that type of signing
Koulibaly and Romero would make them a stronger bet for top 4 than us.

dev1l

Agreed. Some people.over here think that the only good managers are the upcoming ones.
The older managers that adapt can still be successful.

SinNombre

Muppets still think only about buying Koulibaly and other expensive players.

Coaching matters.

There is a reason players improve under Klopp, and there is a players regress at United.

Cloud7

Why are our fans trying to piss on the great start that Everton have had? Other teams are allowed to have nice things as well.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus

I'm not saying he's totally washed out manager, you know. Just past his prime days.
Veteran is different from past his prime, though: coaching is not 100m athletics. As a veteran, Carlo is easily the best in his age bracket, the most decorated out there and still a top 5 coach for the present time. Everton is a sort of rejuvenation project for his career.

Idxomer

Coaching Everton is probably more fun for Ancelotti than managing any top team right now.

Foxbatt

That's true for us too. If someone told me that after Jose we will be managed by Ole Gunnar I would have laughed at them too. Now I cry.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

His time with Bayern was seriously underwhelming. Players complained about lack of intensity in training and even held private training sessions. One of Carlo's staff was reported to smoke on the sidelines during training, a fitness coach if i remember correctly, imagine that. If he's not past it he certainly couldn't be arsed to work properly with Bayern.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The real test will be the Mersey side derby. Everton capitulates too easily vs Liverpool in recent years, they don't have to beat them but at least if they could look them in the eyes, it would confirm their real improvement.

kyofusho

Pickford is going to cost them points this year. Need a quality centre half as well but shows the difference a few signings can make to a team. Everton's midfield was so weak last year, getting bullied every weak and then bring in two absolute tanks in Allan and Doucoure and add the guile of James. Great business.
Does Carlo rate Pickford?
He always seems to have a mistake in him and I wonder if they will be looking at bringing a GK in for competition before the end of the window.

Pep's Suit

They're good but totally lack squad depth and probably need more quality in cb and definitely gk.

dev1l

People will talk about James R. but imo Allan is the real deal. He s so underrated.

Untd55

The thing that will hold them back is squad depth, but they are looking a very promising team.

If Manutd and Chelsea continue playing as they are, there is no reason that Everton couldn't finish above them. They look a better team at the moment: well-coached, great signings who have adapted quickly. Allan, Dourcore, and James all look very good.

They have goals in team, creativity, defence seems to have improved a lot, control in midfield. It is exciting times for Everton fans. Dark horse for top four.