Everton 2022/23 | Dyche Dyche baby

poleglass red

Everton literally launched Alardyce for playing shit on a stick football and Everton fans complained in unison about the quality of football under Benitez. It beggars belief that they think is going to work out well for them.
Their most successful manager in recent seasons was Moyes though, a manager hardly known for playing easy on the eye football. Dyche's remit is first to stay in the PL, I think he's probably a good choice for that. I'm not sure he'd be the man you'd want taking you forward long term. Depends on length of contract he gets I guess.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Their most successful manager in recent seasons was Moyes though, a manager hardly known for playing easy on the eye football. Dyche's remit is first to stay in the PL, I think he's probably a good choice for that. I'm not sure he'd be the man you'd want taking you forward long term. Depends on length of contract he gets I guess.
To be fair to Moyes in the last few seasons with him we started to play some really nice stuff. Perhaps Dyche can do the same, who knows. As always though we will try to back him, even if he isn't our preferred choice!

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Whatever you think of Bielsa I don't think he's ever jumped into a club role mid-season, it wouldn't suit his setup at all.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It will probably go quite well. Whatever Everton think they are, Dyche is what they actually are. He’s as good as Moyes. If they’re lucky he might even be the new Joe Royle.

Even so, while new manager bounce might be a thing, it’s the most daunting start possible when it’s only goal difference keeping them off the bottom of the table. They may have left it two games too late to save this season.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
You’d have to be an idiot to agree to it to be honest.

The idea is noble, but they need a manager for the first team. Unless Bielsa is going to forgo his first team manager wages for the rest of the season why would you bring in a first team manager to not do his job?

How are you going to find a manager to do the job until he feels ready to step up? That’s how you end up with jokers like Rangnick in a role
Bielsa is a nutter, I understand forums are all for banter and entertainment instead of results but agreeing to his offer would be suicidal right now, both from sport and financial perspectives.

caid

Correct decision by Everton for a change, appointing Bielsa while in a relegation battle would've been madness.
I'd say it's more the players suit dyche more than bielsa. I think bielsa is a better choice and better manager in general though

Blood Mage

I'd say it's more the players suit dyche more than bielsa. I think bielsa is a better choice and better manager in general though
Bielsa is a fantastic coach but only if the conditions at his club are finely tuned to his needs. Imagine this Everton squad trying to play Bielsa ball while also trying to avoid getting relegated.

Mr. Robot

Dyche will keep them up and that’s all that matters right now, especially with the new stadium being built.

decent appointment and I never praise Everton.

Strootman's Finger

Hopefully he can ride the new managerial wave and beat Arsenal
You want City to win the league and take one of our legitimately earned records with their corrupt money? We're out of the title race, I'm an Arsenal fan for the rest of the season.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You want City to win the league and take one of our legitimately earned records with their corrupt money? We're out of the title race, I'm an Arsenal fan for the rest of the season.
Exactly. Feck city. I want the record to be ours. Just ours.

MegadrivePerson

Dyche will keep them up. He's the best possible manager to work with the current squad of players that they have.

Everton may not like it, but this is their level right now.

The stupidest aspect of all this is that Dyche has been available for ages. They could/should have sacked Lampard in November prior to the world cup and got Dyche in then.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
It's a good appointment. The current players fit like a glove. There is already a mini Burnely there. McNeil, Tarkowski, Keane .

Shame that Woods went to Forest and Wout came to us. Could have been a good backup to DCL. Well, this is why they should be planning way ahead . You just can't scramble in the last minute .if they had done the sacking during the world cup, Dyche would have got a squad running by now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Dyche will keep them up. He's the best possible manager to work with the current squad of players that they have.

Everton may not like it, but this is their level right now.

The stupidest aspect of all this is that Dyche has been available for ages. They could/should have sacked Lampard in November prior to the world cup and got Dyche in then.
You could have also got Bielsa in then and not had to worry about the issue of needing a pre-season.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
A bland and predictable appointment by a rudderless club
Match made in heaven then. Bunch of cloggers appointing the biggest clogger out there.

Can’t wait to hear his voice again. Man is in desperate need of a big cough to clear his throat.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i couldn’t really remember how burnley played under him. i had a recollection that it was sexy football. a google search of ‘videos of sexy dyches’ returned some very encouraging, if not strictly football related, results.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Dyche did a tremendous job at Burnley, getting them promoted in 2014 after they only paid a transfer fee for one player (Barnes) during the 3 previous transfer window, the 2015 relegation not being a failure at all given that the club diverted money away from the transfer budget onto improving their training ground (he fully supported that), getting them promoted again in 2016 with them going unbeaten during the 2nd half of the season, and then keeping them up in the Premier League for so long including 7th and 10th place finishes. Yes things unravelled last season, but they were bound to unravel eventually and the club overachieved spending so long in the top flight (given their resources compared to the likes of Southampton and Palace) in the first place. I think the club had at least one ‘big win’ over a heavyweight / top 4 team every season.

I think he definitely deserves this opportunity, and it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Lee565

Maybe dyche will do a eddie howe and rescue everton and then have them in top 4 next season, a lot of people wrote off how's appointment because of what happened at the end with Bournemouth

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Whatever you think of Bielsa I don't think he's ever jumped into a club role mid-season, it wouldn't suit his setup at all.
According to the Athletic, Bielsa wanted to take over the Everton under 21s initially with his backroom taking care of the first team until the summer, which is the most Bielsa way of approaching a relegation firefight imaginable

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Dyche in and selling Gordon for £40m to Newcastle, decent day for them. Might stay up yet.

simplyared

Probably the only option left to take, appointing Dyche. Shows what a nightmare situation to be in. No disrespect but can't see any Everton fan jumping up and down with this news. Imagine Goodison on a Wednesday night!

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Smart move really. Bielsa is not the guy to get you out of the shit mid season.

git_united

According to the Athletic, Bielsa wanted to take over the Everton under 21s initially with his backroom taking care of the first team until the summer, which is the most Bielsa way of approaching a relegation firefight imaginable
:lol: Madman

Abraxas

Probably the only option left to take, appointing Dyche. Shows what a nightmare situation to be in. No disrespect but can't see any Everton fan jumping up and down with this news. Imagine Goodison on a Wednesday night!
I would be if I was an Everton fan. First logical decision they've made in a while. It's the right appointment for the task at hand, unlike their other appointments. I'd be jumping up and down even less at the prospect of an away trip to Rotherham next season so I think giving themselves the best chance at avoiding that is worthy of some optimism.

dinostar77

Its definately the right appointment, they need someone to stabilise the ship. Tighten them up at the back and keep them ticking over under the new stadium is built. Are they getting a new training ground as well?!?

Only thing is dyche is inheriting a squad which will suit him. He has good choice of CBs, fairly decent fullbacks. Decent CMs. More lacking pace out wide and they need a striker alternative for DCL when hes injured. So not too dissimilar to what he had on paper at burnely.

Lampard grossly underperfomed with the squad. Dyche will keep them up. They will be like Moyes everton, hard to beat at goodison.

C'est Moi Cantona

So Beilsa was the first choice, but he said no, so you go for Dyche, with nothing in between? it's very random.

Much as Dyche might just about keep them up, if I was an Everton fan I'd be gutted.

Strootman's Finger

Dyche will keep them up and that’s all that matters right now, especially with the new stadium being built.

decent appointment and I never praise Everton.
Agreed, they need to steady their ship and survive, that's all at the moment. They can sell their club and look to improve in the future, but the sale and rebuild will go a lot better if they're in the prem vs championship.

led_scholes

Everton should hope that he can keep them up for two years without spending and then bring someone to change the culture. The worst scenario is they get relegated, they stick with him because he will get them up, and then end in a vicious cycle of Dyche-football.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Everton should hope that he can keep them up for two years without spending and then bring someone to change the culture. The worst scenario is they get relegated, they stick with him because he will get them up, and then end in a vicious cycle of Dyche-football.
Id be surprised if there wasn’t a relegation break clause included but even then it’s probably best to stay with him to come back up depending on how this 4 months goes.

dinostar77

So Beilsa was the first choice, but he said no, so you go for Dyche, with nothing in between? it's very random.

Much as Dyche might just about keep them up, if I was an Everton fan I'd be gutted.
The schizoprenic boardroom of everton that got them in this problem in the first place. Moshiri wanting high profile managers i.e. ancelotti, lsmpard, bielsa. Kenwright more pragmatic wanting a new david moyes.

Pragmatisim and potential loss of money in their investment probably won out.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hope none of the players have their parents drive them in to training. Dyche drops players for that.

Tommy79

Id be surprised if there wasn’t a relegation break clause included but even then it’s probably best to stay with him to come back up depending on how this 4 months goes.
I think that be good for Everton, not necessarily going down but sadly if they do, then they should stick with him as he most likely take them straight back up and steady them for the first year back, and then they could look to secure a better type of manager in terms of playing style going forward.

As if they can get through the next 2 games Arsenal and pool and not take a bad hammering, then go to dirty scummy leeds and have them hyped up by reminding them of the fact scummy tried to get them banned from the market or points taken off them for doing what they were doing far worse back in the 00s under O'Leary, as remember it was Covid that fecked Everton up in a big way with the grounds been shut, reduced TV money and then on to villa, Brentford Notts F and pick up something there, could see them stay up due to leeds have a horrific run in May, City, Spurs, Newcastle and West Ham who could also be in the dog fight to stay up.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Hope none of the players have their parents drive them in to training. Dyche drops players for that.
Would love to be a fly on the wall when Dyche clocks Calvert-Lewin or Tom Davies rocking up to training in some of their 'alternative fashion'. :lol:

Longlivekeano

Dyche will sell Anthony Gordon for 60-70million quid and buy all the road warriors, psychopath bruisers from other teams. Will survive on last day of seaosn