Everton 2022/23 | Dyche Dyche baby

Withnail

Correct decision by Everton for a change, appointing Bielsa while in a relegation battle would've been madness.
He turned them down, didn't he?

I just looked it up he apparently said their players were too slow so he wouldn't be able to work with them and they'd need to sign faster players for his style to work.

But yeah Dyche will get them out of trouble.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He turned them down, didn't he?

I just looked it up he apparently said their players were too slow so he wouldn't be able to work with them and they'd need to sign faster players for his style to work.

But yeah Dyche will get them out of trouble.
Bielsa said he wanted to work with the U-21s until the summer and then he would take over the first team so it’s quite obvious why we didn’t choose him after that admission!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's all gone quiet... and transfer deadline day is tomorrow...
He has been snapped at the training ground and it's basically 99% there. We are probably working with him to bring in players and I wouldn't be surprised to see a manager announcement followed by one or two players.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He has been snapped at the training ground and it's basically 99% there. We are probably working with him to bring in players and I wouldn't be surprised to see a manager announcement followed by one or two players.
Good appointment.

The Firestarter

According to the Athletic, Bielsa wanted to take over the Everton under 21s initially with his backroom taking care of the first team until the summer, which is the most Bielsa way of approaching a relegation firefight imaginable
:lol: Would never believe this for anyone else but this is Marcelo fecking Bielsa.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I've only learnt today that Sean Dyche is southern and pronounces pass like 'parse'.

Everything I thought I knew was a lie.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
I just wonder how they responded to that request from Bielsa. Like he flew in for talks did they humour him for the rest of the day because lunch was already booked, did they let him launch into a PowerPoint about why this would be a great idea while texting Sean Dyche under the table, I need to know.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Nobody wants to sign for us. Really really depressing and a new low for the club.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I just wonder how they responded to that request from Bielsa. Like he flew in for talks did they humour him for the rest of the day because lunch was already booked, did they let him launch into a PowerPoint about why this would be a great idea while texting Sean Dyche under the table, I need to know.
I read that Bielsa didn’t want it straight away, he wanted to work with the reserves first

caid

Nobody wants to sign for us. Really really depressing and a new low for the club.
Maybe your looking in the wrong places. I guess its the wrong time to change that up now but maybe looking at good championship players who'd jump at the chance of 6 months of Premier League football or just young loan players looking for game time.
I can see how a Zaha type player wouldn't be keen to move right now. Zaha would be pretty ambitious really

Zoo

Some links with Andre Ayew this evening. They are going mad on the Everton forum.

prateik

Also, Bournemouth, Leeds and Forest have all spent big again.

Everton should be too good to be in a relegation battle.. but they arent playing like it.

avgp_1

Doesn't look like they got the Watford lad in. Who have they got to replace Gordon in the line up?

Wayne's World

How have they not signed anyone? :lol:

Starting to think the board there want the team to get relegated to give two fingers to the fans

Oranges038

On the plus side for Dyche, he probably won't have to go to Turf Moor next season.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Mad how they've not even managed to find a big lump for Dyche to stick up front.

They've got nobody but Calvert-Lewin (who is injured as much as Martial) and the lad they brought back from Sunderland.

TheReligion

Abusive
Feel for Evertonians.

Thought they’d get a deal done. A new face is the dressing room can really make a big impact mid season, even more so if you’re struggling.

NoPace

If he goes full Burnley, I'd say it's this:

-------------------------CalvertLewin------------------------
-------------------------Maupay/Iwobi----------
McNeil-------------------------------------------------Gray
--------------------------Onana--Gueye------------
Mykolenko-Mina/Coady-Tarkowski-Patterson
-------------------------------Pickford------------------

I think it could work. The Prem is better tactically (money for managers in the mid-table) and skill-wise (money for transfers in the mid-table) now, but this looks a decent lineup for Burnley ball, stronger than - but similar stylistically to - the ones that stayed up. Crazy they didn't get a RB, as Coleman looks done and Patterson gets hurt. Mina could be good in this deep line if he stays healthy, I'd go with him as first choice over Coady for the aerial dominance, Coady better passer so can come on in games (rare CB for attacking sub) if they're down or maybe at home against bad teams. Should suit Onana, simple role for a young guy and breaking up play and getting forward vertically are his strengths. Bad fit for Iwobi but if he wants to play a bit more football, him as a 10 or in a deep 4-3-3 with him stepping up to be a 10 at times like Odegaard does defensively is a fair half-measure. Maupay it's a great role for.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Ha ha he's a mad bastard. Yeah let someone else worry about getting you out of the relegation zone :lol:
Football would be so much better across the board if everyone was as mad as Bielsa. Absolute fruit loop but he’s an honourable chap.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Be mad seeing the prem fixtures next season with no merseyside derby :lol: Think dyche will work some magic though and end up keeping them up.

Himannv

I think Dyche will at least make them more compact and harder to beat. While they really should have got a couple of players in to help the new manager, I don't think it's as bad a squad as people are saying - some of those players are decent. The bigger problems seem to be off the field and in the boardroom.