Everton 2022/23 | Dyche Dyche baby

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Its citing no funds are available this month which is putting people off?

To be honest the more I look at it the more I think you just need an experienced tactician in as interim to work with what they have. Nothing exciting. Just to keep you up.

That gives you several months to get a longer term manager in for summer and set things up properly (Bielsa then would be better for example).

Not sure who fits that brief though?
I think the problem is that I can't see Dyche accepting a 6 month deal like that or any manager aside from Big Sam and we already fecked him off. :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
I think the problem is that I can't see Dyche accepting a 6 month deal like that or any manager aside from Big Sam and we already fecked him off. :lol:
No exactly he won’t. that’s what I mean.

Not sure who a good interim would be. Must be out of work and have some experience.

Bit like a Hiddink kind of job? Definitely better to do that than rush it now and tie up whoever is available with zero long term vision.

As I mentioned United were only able to get Ten Hag by doing this and using Rangnick.

Blood Mage

Bielsa would be a crazy appointment and guarantee relegation for them, surely Dyche is the obvious appointment just to keep them up for now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Dyche worked within a very limited budget. The state of the squad wasn't his fault, he couldn't spend freely like Everton have done.
He could have tapped into different markets on that budget but barely ever did. He rarely signed players outside of the PL or the English lower leagues.

Hughes35

Bielsa is one hell of a dice roll for them. He plays one way and that is all guns blazing.

They'd either be a revelation under him, or get absolutely battered....... Unfortunately, I see it being the latter.

Cannot get my head around why Dyche is still out of work. He did a brilliant job at Burnley. Other than Dyche, I think Nuno E Santo would be a good appointment or even Rooney.

If / when they get relegated under Bielsa they've only themselves to blame really.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
Is it worth it to raid Onana from them if they goes down ? ETH has managed him and we also in big need of a modern keeper imo.

sugar_kane

Bielsa is the perfect crystallisation of Everton’s inability to accept they are a mediocre club and need the stable choice rather than the “exciting” one.

Maybe one day if/when they’re back on track they can start thinking about exciting football but they’re in a relegation battle now, they need to stabilise.

If they get Bielsa they’re basically accepting relegation but I don’t understand why they don’t wait to see if they survive the season first.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
There will be no midterm with Bielsa: either they are going to relegate badly or making a great recovery.

mu4c_20le

Bielsa would be a mistake. They need a modern rebuild, not rolling the again.

crossy1686

career ending
Bielsa will send them down but they'll roar back after a season. It's a good appointment but you have to give him at least 3 years, not can him at the end of the season when you go down.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t think Bielsa is going to take over. It’s got Fat Sam written all over it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bielsa needs at least 2 months to get the running into the legs and thats usually in pre season mate. This will be a disaster.
I mean there is no right answer in this situation. Every potential manager you can highlight major issues with.

Brophs

The One and Only
Just so long as the new manager shows Seamus Coleman the appropriate level of respect. Which is fawning, extremely uncomfortable and tactile tributes in front of the entire staff of the club, for the benefit of people filming for social media.

That's all I ask.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Theres more effective play styles that will keep you up in the PL than Bielsas.

Especially with no prep
I don't think playing style matters this year in terms of staying up. What matters is working harder than the other team. The quality is so shite that just working that little bit harder than the others can do it. What matters in terms of playing style is choosing a manager that will be the future of the club or future of football so to speak. That's not Dyche for me.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Good manager. Not everyone who fails at managing united will fail elsewhere.

Long Time Red

Everton are an absolute clown show and make us look semi-competently run.

It's hilarious they somehow think they're above Sean Dyche when their squad is tailor made for him.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:lol: Bielsa??? :lol: what the feck. Get a route one merchant in like Dyche for the remainder of the season.
Then get someone else in if you dont want to build with him
Nah, they’d have to pay him off at the end of the season and rebuild again. I don’t think the route one tactic works anymore. I don’t think there’s a team in the league that play that way

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Did Lampard get to a EL final and finish 2nd in the premier league?
Is that meant to be a glowing review of Ole? Being a loser at a big club? Neither showed they were good enough for that level. Neither showed that they were tactically good enough as managers yet. Both appear to be good motivators and have a good sense of what clubs mean to supporters etc. but the tactical side of the game is poor compared to others. I think he'd be Lampard 2.0 as he might have the same impact initially and save us but next season it would probably end up being the same situation.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Spurs now hijacking their move for Danjuma.

Teja

I feel bad for them and hope they stay up but the comedic value of Bielsa coaching that Everton defence is going to be nuts.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Is that meant to be a glowing review of Ole? Being a loser at a big club? Neither showed they were good enough for that level. Neither showed that they were tactically good enough as managers yet. Both appear to be good motivators and have a good sense of what clubs mean to supporters etc. but the tactical side of the game is poor compared to others. I think he'd be Lampard 2.0 as he might have the same impact initially and save us but next season it would probably end up being the same situation.
Considering you are flirting with relegation Oles record is a world away from Lampards.