Everton 2022/23 | Dyche Dyche baby

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
McNeil is a solid signing . I would have taken him as a backup for one of the wings. He will make a difference especially to DCL.

SambaBoy

Onana looks like he's coming in. 25m initial fee with add-ons. Quite steep but I like our transfer policy this summer. Both he and McNeil are young, hungry players with high potential. This is what we should have been doing previously.
Hopefully he turns out to be better than Gbamin for Everton.

GlasgowCeltic

McNeil is a solid signing . I would have taken him as a backup for one of the wings. He will make a difference especially to DCL.
McNeil and Gordon throwing in crosses for DCL seems a pretty common sense route to survival in fairness

padzilla

Hipster
I can see them struggling, getting rid of Lampard and then surviving with whoever the new boss is.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
McNeil and Gordon throwing in crosses for DCL seems a pretty common sense route to survival in fairness
It is a good plan, although DCL is now out for a month with a knee injury, after playing only 18 times last season.

I backed them for relegation at 5/1 a couple of weeks ago, they're 7/2 now. Sorry Everton fans, just business.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think between 15th and 10th will be a decent season considering where we are currently at.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I felt we got some joy down the right but down their left we struggled. Patterson was excellent against Sterling. It’s a shame Coleman is out as Sterling would have destroyed him.

Really like the look of Patterson defensively considering he moved to Everton based on his attacking threat. He will become a really good EPL full back. McNeil will be a solid signing too.

CallyRed

Conor Coady in the building. Him and Michael Keane at the back :drool:

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Just signed Connor Coady. He likes his English players doesn't he? I feel like although we are producing some decent talent these days, the drive to go for lots of home grown players rarely seems to pay off in the premier league. Will be interesting to see how they do. Also why are they signing defenders? Have they not realised how fecked they are up top?

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Just signed Connor Coady. He likes his English players doesn't he? I feel like although we are producing some decent talent these days, the drive to go for lots of home grown players rarely seems to pay off in the premier league. Will be interesting to see how they do. Also why are they signing defenders? Have they not realised how fecked they are up top?
Two defenders injured against chelsea. So have no option but have to sign defenders.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Well they've lost Godfrey for season and Mina just gets injured every time he starts so simply can't be relied on. Holgate is o.k as a squad player and Keane was abysmal last season so if they're going to continue playing 3 at the back they need more.

Actually think Coady is a smart signing. Amazed Wolves are selling him given how solid he's been last few seasons and he'll fit well alongside Tarkowski.

Getting Gana gueye back aswell aren't they so should breeze to comfortable 14th place finish this time.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Conor Coady isn't a weird signing at all, it's actually a solid piece of business and sensible. He has played 40+ games every season since 2013/14 and was the captain at Wolves. Both he and Tarkowski are proven leaders and most importantly players that can be a consistent part of the backline. Mina is a sick note and now Godfrey is out for c. 3 months. We need a defence which is available every week and now we have that unless the Everton curse strikes again.

Our transfer business has been very good so far. Even if Lampard fails we've gone for proven experienced players in Tarkowski + Coady, good squad depth and players with potential such as McNeil and Vinagre and players with exceptional potential in Onana. Add Gana to that and a striker and i'll be very pleased as it sets us up for the future nicely.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I think between 15th and 10th will be a decent season considering where we are currently at.
You guys will be alright this season. Tarkowski looks solid and a bargain for getting him in free transfer. Three at the back against big teams will give you more chance of getting something from those games. Frank s best bet is keep the goodison faithfuls behind his team in full voice at home.

Go with same Three back formation in away games with same attitude players showed against chelsea will give you safer place in table in my opinion.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Conor Coady isn't a weird signing at all, it's actually a solid piece of business and sensible. He has played 40+ games every season since 2013/14 and was the captain at Wolves. Both he and Tarkowski are proven leaders and most importantly players that can be a consistent part of the backline. Mina is a sick note and now Godfrey is out for c. 3 months. We need a defence which is available every week and now we have that unless the Everton curse strikes again.

Our transfer business has been very good so far. Even if Lampard fails we've gone for proven experienced players in Tarkowski + Coady, good squad depth and players with potential such as McNeil and Vinagre and players with exceptional potential in Onana. Add Gana to that and a striker and i'll be very pleased as it sets us up for the future nicely.
I was worried for you guys but Coady & Tarkowski are a couple of solid signings at the back, & if you were to get Gueye and / or Onana that's solid enough in midfield.

Main concern now is will you's have enough going forward, so we'll see by the end of the window how you manage to strengthen that area.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Shame about Godfrey, struggled a bit last season but there's a good player in there and he's still fairly young for a CB. Injury looked bad at the time and I hope he comes back fit and shows what he can do.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I was worried for you guys but Coady & Tarkowski are a couple of solid signings at the back, & if you were to get Gueye and / or Onana that's solid enough in midfield.

Main concern now is will you's have enough going forward, so we'll see by the end of the window how you manage to strengthen that area.
A striker will be brought in. Depends if it's going to be a loan like Broja or a perm for someone like Guirassy.

Shame about Godfrey, struggled a bit last season but there's a good player in there and he's still fairly young for a CB. Injury looked bad at the time and I hope he comes back fit and shows what he can do.
Yes, Tarkowski alongside him would have helped him develop loads.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Looking like relegation favourites at this point. Things like injuries in the first two games are the kind of combination of bad luck and bad planning / squad management that will just drain a team with no sources of inspiration to dig them out of it

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Similar to us, spent loads of cash last few years and still look well short.

Would be fearful as an Everton fan if no more players are added by the end of the window.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Sign a striker you cnuts. :mad: If you don’t we are going down.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I have to say, I love watching Gray. He is a baller, lightening quick and really tenacious.

Everton responded well today and have the makings of a good team. Forest full backs were getting in behind far too regularly though. The midfield lacks balance and there is no focal point up front.

Good, experienced CBs though, and Gordon, Gray and McNeil are all very good players. I don’t think Lampard is out yet, but he needs a striker and another option in midfield before the window closes.

NoPace

I have to say, I love watching Gray. He is a baller, lightening quick and really tenacious.

Everton responded well today and have the makings of a good team. Forest full backs were getting in behind far too regularly though. The midfield lacks balance and there is no focal point up front.

Good, experienced CBs though, and Gordon, Gray and McNeil are all very good players. I don’t think Lampard is out yet, but he needs a striker and another option in midfield before the window closes.
Tarkowski looked uncomfortable on the right. I think they need to bring in a proper left-footed LCB and move him to the right of the 3.

Gray has been good the 2 games I saw him, for sure. And Calvert-Lewin being back will help him because he's hitting lots of crosses, not really a get into the box type winger.

Onana looks extremely raw. Good raw physical attributes though. But so far it looks like they should have loaned him to Ligue 1 or the Champo maybe.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Tarkowski looked uncomfortable on the right. I think they need to bring in a proper left-footed LCB and move him to the right of the 3.

Gray has been good the 2 games I saw him, for sure. And Calvert-Lewin being back will help him because he's hitting lots of crosses, not really a get into the box type winger.

Onana looks extremely raw. Good raw physical attributes though. But so far it looks like they should have loaned him to Ligue 1 or the Champo maybe.
Onana isn’t fully fit yet and yes, he’s going to be quite ‘raw’ but he seems like a player from training videos that takes leadership and has the confidence/ability to improve massively over the season. Ideally we will be able to go to a back four and have Onana, Iwobi and a DM which will help our defence and Onana/Iwobi enough.

also, Gray can be both the best and worst player on a pitch in the same game. He’s so fecking annoying to watch as a player because he has bags of ability but is guilty of being so selfish.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Loads. Che Adams, Bereton-Diaz, plenty of Ligue 1 strikers.
Broja is most obvious imo....worked with Lampard before and wants to play every week which won't be happpening anytime soon at Chelsea. I assume he could come as part of this Gordon to Chelsea deal?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Broja is most obvious imo....worked with Lampard before and wants to play every week which won't be happpening anytime soon at Chelsea. I assume he could come as part of this Gordon to Chelsea deal?
It makes sense and he was likely our first choice but it’s clear Chelsea want to wait until the last minute to complete that deal and that’s a failure of the board. We needed a striker three games ago and it’s arguably cost us two wins.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Everton are one team I feel confident of Forest finishing above. They’ll struggle in the Championship too once the prem teams pick off their 3 decent players.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Close to signing the mighty Neil Maupay.

Relegation definitely on the cards this season once again.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Close to signing the mighty Neil Maupay.

Relegation definitely on the cards this season once again.
I don’t think that’s a bad option as a 2nd choice striker. 10 / 8 / 8 is his record in the PL which is fine for a player that will be behind DCL. Scored two less than Richy last season and will be a fraction of the price.

Last edited: