Everton Soares

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think we were linked to him under mou, no? No idea what he’s like. Where does he play?

MrSingh2002

On that video I'd put him ahead of Martial, I'm a huge Martial fan but this season is his last chance to fulfill his potential and prove he wants to play the game with maximum effort.

If not I'd take someone like this and sell Martial to the highest bidder.

Gordon S

No links unfortunately but he is looking like a great talent in my eyes. Still raw but his good moments look fantastic.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
No links unfortunately but he is looking like a great talent in my eyes. Still raw but his good moments look fantastic.

Check out the run he made for Coutinho's ruled out goal in the game before this. Against Venezuela i think. Too lazy to post it myself :)

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

From that video he looks very similar to Martial but just not as good. If his off the ball movement is good then fair enough but it looks like he always picks the ball up facing his man to try the dribble, exactly as Martial does. Difference is Martial's dribbling is superb.

Also, that Peru defence and keeper look atrocious.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
He's leaving after Copa America and is available for around 30m. I rate him a lot, he plays for my team

Last edited by a moderator:

No7UTD

I think this guy could become a brilliant partner for Rashford. They are both lightning fast. Imagine our counter game. In addition, Everton has a really good dribble technique, both in speed and without speed. He also has a nice shot technique, this one can get better though. I think Everton would be a very impotent player for United.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I think this guy could become a brilliant partner for Rashford. They are both lightning fast. Imagine our counter game. In addition, Everton has a really good dribble technique, both in speed and without speed. He also has a nice shot technique, this one can get better though. I think Everton would be a very impotent player for United.
Goes against our horny football philosophy.

What position does he play?

No7UTD

Goes against our horny football philosophy.

What position does he play?
He is a left wing. City may be interested in him. I think he can give the team something explosive in the offensive.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
When I first saw he linked himself to us I didn't take any notice of him and just put him down as another flavour of the month player just trying to engineer a good move.

But having actually seen a bit of him now, he has fantastic technique and gives me the impression that he could come over to the Premier League and make a serious impact. He's got kind of an Aguero/Suarez skillful & clinical (potentially) vibe to him, I'd be curious to see whether or not he could adapt to playing in a central role in something like a false 9 or as one of the 2 in a diamond.

I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if we signed a guy like this.

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He is a left wing. City may be interested in him. I think he can give the team something explosive in the offensive.
City have been linked since earlier in the year. Think they could be the most likely move.

I'd happily lose Martial right now to give this guy a chance. He just Looks far more like the type of winger we like at United. Always lively, tons of ability and can get fans on the edge of their seats.

Since Sancho isn't happening this year then this is probably my muppet signing...which means he'll probably end up at City.

Soares Rashford/Greenwood Sancho

That's the attack I'd aim for by the end of next summer. Perhaps Martial, James and hopefully Ben Yedder in the mix too.

Last edited:

Macern

Pee pee pants
I’ve watched him in 7-8 games for Brazil. He can be very good and he can be very bad. He likes to recieve the ball in his feet out wide similar to Martial, and he has a lot of pace, agility and technique to dribble past his opponents. When he’s in form he’s someone that makes the fans excited every time he recieves the ball. His shooting is quite good as well, though it’s inconsistent. However, he has been poor more often than not when I’ve watched him. For instance against Paraguay in the Copa America recently he was terrible. He couldn’t get past his opponents and usually lost the ball. His shooting was also off. He’s quite often like that.

All in all he’s similar to Martial in many areas, he’s not really better and I don’t see more talent in him than Martial so I don’t think he’d improve us. He doesn’t have the strength and extreme close control that Martial has, but he’s more agile and closer to Neymar in his dribbling, but not as good and not as skilled as Neymar. He’d just add to our LW issues unless he somehow got to another level but there’s not really anything to indicate that he’ll do that any time soon so I’d stay clear.

I’d rather play Martial, Rashford and actually even Sanchez on the left wing than Everton right now. I haven’t watched James, but we already have the mentioned four plus Lingard who can play LW so it’d be braindead to sign Everton as he wouldn’t improve us and he’s playing in a position we already have too many players in.

Last edited:

thomas porter

Having watched him a few times now at the Copa America I have to say I would love him to come to United. A bit raw but has pace, skill, and a good shot. I love his hustle and commitment and he's already said he wants to come to the club.

Get it done Ed!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We should just buy him and flip him for a bigger fee as a worst case scenario :wenger:

Macern

Pee pee pants
Having watched him a few times now at the Copa America I have to say I would love him to come to United. A bit raw but has pace, skill, and a good shot. I love his hustle and commitment and he's already said he wants to come to the club.

Get it done Ed!
Yeah we definitely need a new left winger. Can’t believe we only have 3.

beingshe7don

Yeah we definitely need a new left winger. Can’t believe we only have 3.
He doesn't need to feature as a left winger.... He could easily be a striker like Sergio Aguero. He's got movement, first touch, one twos and a good shot on goal. We are in the market for a striker.... He could provide the link up play with Martial and Rashford.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He doesn't need to feature as a left winger.... He could easily be a striker like Sergio Aguero. He's got movement, first touch, one twos and a good shot on goal. We are in the market for a striker.... He could provide the link up play with Martial and Rashford.
For link up play you need to be a good passer and intelligent on the ball, as Rooney used to be. Granted I've seen a couple of clips, but this player seems to get his head down and dribble, and far from a player who links up the play.

beingshe7don

For link up play you need to be a good passer and intelligent on the ball, as Rooney used to be. Granted I've seen a couple of clips, but this player seems to get his head down and dribble, and far from a player who links up the play.
His first instinct is to dribble because that's his strength. Rooney was never a great dribbler and hence focused on developing other portions of his game. With that being said, Everton is quick on the break and having an interchanging counterattacking front three is what Ole is trying to achieve. Everton is also available for around 40m which is a steal in this market. I've watched a couple youtube videos where he's got a decent pass on him. He reminds me of Tevez and that seemed to work perfectly fine with Rooney and Ronaldo.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Just another right footed left winger who likes to come inside too much. Can we please get a left footed left winger and right footed right winger? It seems to work quite well for City when they start Sterling and Sane...

Macern

Pee pee pants
His finishing is inconsistent and his movements off the ball are very average. I’d rather play Rashford, Martial or someone like Ben Yedder as a striker. We should be looking for a left footed right winger imo.

Martial/James/Lingard/Sanchez on the left

Rashford, perhaps Ben Yedder for Lukaku, Martial as strikers

New signing, Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Rash, Martial on the right

beingshe7don

His finishing is inconsistent and his movements off the ball are very average. I’d rather play Rashford, Martial or someone like Ben Yedder as a striker. We should be looking for a left footed right winger imo.

Martial/James/Lingard/Sanchez on the left

Rashford, perhaps Ben Yedder for Lukaku, Martial as strikers

New signing, Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Rash, Martial on the right
The guy finished as top scorer at the Copa America. Not sure of your assessment of his finishing being inconsistent. Rashford has been wasteful and Martial decides to turn it on in the games he likes to. Ben Yedder shouldn't even be considered. Not sure how he even joined the conversation. The guy is 28 and hasn't really proved himself. I would rather get Vardy instead of Ben Yedder. I do however agree with the need of a RW and I propose Pepe.