Everton's major shareholder: Lukaku left Everton after a "voodoo message" told him to join Chelsea

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I agree with @BAMSOLA it comes across as a racist comment to me.

Could it be that a decision happened to be made after returning from an African country. I don't see why it has to be seen as a pilgrimage or involving any voodoo.

Disgusting comment IMO.
Or he knows Lukaku better than you do and happens to know for a fact that he did actually meet someone who does voodoo?

If he's got no evidence for that whatsoever, that's when you start crying racist.

b82REZ

No, the song "debacle" had nothing to do with his dip in form. That's absurd, agenda-driven nonsense.

The Lukaku song started on September 13th against Basel (bagged a goal).

Sep 17: Everton: goal
Sep 23: Southampton: goal
Sep 27: CSKA: 2 goals
Sep 30: Crystal Palace: goal

His slump started 2 weeks after that, against Liverpool October 14th, and finally broke November 18th against Newcastle when -- guess who -- Pogba returned.

His drop in confidence coincided with being unable to permanently put to bed the narrative that he can't score against big clubs. It had nothing to do with the song, which he never said he was offended by.
Well said.

Too many amateur psychologists on this site.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
This doesn't appear to add up:
Last summer we offered him a better deal than Chelsea - whatever they offered we matched but he just didn't want to stay.

"If I tell you what we offered him you wouldn't believe it, but they offered him a better deal."
Yep. Logic is not a friend of these quotes.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

There is something wrong with Everton when your officials come up with crap like this.
They(Everton fans) genuinely hate Walsh as their DoF. They think he should've been gone with Koeman.

Nick7

That's bang out of order. Shameful for a Premier League owner to come out with crap like that.

buchansleftleg

Would the Everton Chairman appreciate a racist slur about his Iranian heritage? Perhaps a more broad middle eastern racist caricature about selling of carpets for much cheapness?

What a classy guy!

BigCaine

There is something wrong with Everton when your officials come up with crap like this.
Funny of Joyce to tell everyone this given the fact that we are all seeing the effect of no lukaku goals this season someone should ask him if still thinks they finishing 7th.

prath92

The owner also said

“And we are comfortable with Cenk Tosun as a focal point. We have Yannick Bolasie back,Sigurdsson, Rooney – we have our own Fab Four”

:lol:

BigCaine

Moshiri started off with this "We offered him a better deal than Chelsea and his agent came to Finch Farm to sign the contract."

A few sentences later "Last summer we offered him a better deal than Chelsea - whatever they offered we matched but he just didn't want to stay."

Then the next sentence "If I tell you what we offered him you wouldn't believe it, but they offered him a better deal."

So Mr. Moshiri which is it exactly?

Member 39557

Ross Barkley left for Chelsea because His Nan saw in his tea leaves that he should go to Tottenham.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems a bit weird for Everton's chairman to come out with this.

Seems pretty out of order to me and a way of trying to get more pressure heaped onto the player who's still trying to get his confidence back after that whole 'song' debacle.
One of the dumbest posts I've seen in a while.

Hammerfell

Glad Lukaku’s taking legal advice, it was a strange thing for the Everton owner to say and tinged with more than a little bit of racism.

Nikelesh Reddy

If it's true,it's really weird....Lukaku seems to be very sensible and intelligent,but who knows...

ShoePolish

I liked the little Suarez dig:

"Ultimately we lost money. To buy Rom now would be £120m. The issue was his brain had gone. He was in L.A. [with Pogba] and he wouldn't come back.

"It happens. Alex Ferguson got another year out of [Cristiano] Ronaldo but then he was off. [Luis] Suarez had to bite a few players to get off."

From espn article http://www.espn.co.uk/football/engl...ract-because-of-voodoo-message-farhad-moshiri

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
In West Africa Christianism/Islam coexist with fetishism and animism, people tend to do both. I'm not sure about central Africa.

redshaw

Pogba is Muslim, Lukaku is not.

Voodoo comment is quite bizarre. Hope he can avoid getting side-tracked with this nonsense and concentrate on football and enjoying life.

Sounds like a lot of sour grapes like we had from Dortmund. Please tell us how it is these days in Europa league?

RedDevil@84

Rom should stop talking to lawyers for everything.
No one takes that seriously. Voodooo :lol::lol:

RedDevil@84

Unless he is putting voodoo stickers in the locker room or praying to voodoo dolls so that all other strikers except him get injured, it hardly matters whether he believes in it or not.
Tbh, religion or black magic, all are a bit strange and as long as they are kept personal, it should not matter.