Everton's major shareholder: Lukaku left Everton after a "voodoo message" told him to join Chelsea

MrPooni

You could have just posted "I'd prefer to believe a United player over a rival teams owner", rather than fluffing your post up with irrelevant nonsense to make Lukaku look like some incredibly learned scholar and the other party to look like some covetous serial liar.

I'll say it again though: why would a Roman Catholic be less likely to talk about Voodoo? Many voodoo believers identify as Catholic; look for example at Haitian Roman Catholicism which is regularly practiced in conjunction with Voodooism. If anything him being a staunch Roman Catholic increases the chances of him being interested in voodooism, not decreases.

I'm not going to reply again as it's all hear-say and none of us have any clue what actually occurred. However I'll finish as I started: when looking at who would be telling the truth the best place to look is which party would benefit the most from making the statement. From the side of Moshiri there is absolutely no gain and in fact a detriment in him fabricating this statement. It makes him look unprofessional, weird and potentially quasi-racist; whilst making the other party look victimised. It would only be damaging. From Lukaku's point of view BSing about a bizarre religious reason for him not re-signing with Everton at the last minute would bring negotiations to an abrupt halt and ultimately allow him to join a bigger club without further persuasion/forcing of him to stay from the owner, who said he'd consistently tried for two Summers to get him to re-sign.
If defending the dodgy right hand man of a violent oligarch and his weird, racially tinged statements is the hill you want to die on, be my guest - I just thought I'd provide you with some context before you fully committed to the nonsense you were spouting.

Last edited:

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Even though I know that a lot of Africans, Christians or not, still believe and practice Voodoo, I still think that the comment made by the Everton owner was silly and racist. Where is the FA when you need them. The press too, not much was written about it. Now if Mourinho said it.....all hell break loose!

Camilo

Lots of Muslims just have full beards though...

And all Amish beards are sans 'tache - so maybe it'd be more fair to presume Rom's Amish.
Lukaku would suit a massive mustache. He should get on that, it's clearly the missing piece.

Needham

For all you claiming voodoo is bullshit, I've been sticking pins in a Saido Berahino doll for months.