Evra’s Instagram post

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Yawn yeah we need more ex players.

We need a fresh approach.
Every club of our stature has been managed by ex players to historic highs and tragic lows. Many of whom stepped into the job with little experience. It's even more common among the DoF or other more strategic roles. It's not a good reason to rule people out, and it's certainly not just something that the stingy Glazers running an incompetent United would contemplate, as is so often implied by the doom mongers on here.

shahzy

What an absolutely moronic thing to post. Undermines the manager and his staff.

Don't need another ex-player muddying waters.
i rather have that than do nothing peddling the "nothings wrong" line. To fix the problem you need to identify it first.

Tarrou

It's actually nice to hear something from someone at United that isn't PR faff for a change

but that'll be the end of Evra's chances at a full time gig, surely

it'll keep the "Ole's a puppet" crowd happy for 5 minutes though

gr3yham3

Dybala as a saviour of this squad? I don't see it. I think we were right not to bend over backwards to sign him on a mega deal.

I love Evra, but we need a competent DoF. The best Evra and ex players can do is undermine Woodward and the board until they feel pressed to hire competent people and grant them authority.
I won't say saviour, but our squad is paper-thin in terms of quality at the moment, and a player who can offer more creativity/goals will certainly ease the pressure in that regard.

PyroMan

I'd be more inclined to go with the bottom one. What's wrong with an ex player professing love for the club and offering help?
What is he going to do? Pump in millions for player transfers? Become DoF with little to no experience? Start taking team training sessions or handle the match-day tactics? Take over as club-spokesperson?

This sounds more like self-promo and trying to improve his image rather than a substantial offer for helping the club.

Would much rather club gets in former players like Van Der Saar, who have experience with non-playing roles and can actually contribute to the club.

"My first signing will be Dybala" :lol: What a clown! I bet more than half the people here can suggest players for us to buy but who will handle the handle negotiations? The raw chicken sucking Evra?

Slysi17

Actually your post is moronic. Its fecking good Patrice Evra is calling out the board. So your happy that the board be completely blameless then?

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Tbh I actually think that what Evra’s done is quite low... posted that after a defeat, gets our gullible fans who’d probably welcome SAF back as a striker, to get all giddy on social media. Without really having a clue what he’s talking about or who “we” really are.

While I think Ole is out of his depth and will cause more damage the longer he stays. Talking about signing players that the current manager failed to get is also disrespectful....

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I like Evra but as a football club we shouldn't take him seriously. I mean, we don't need another individual unqualified for the role stepping in on account of nostalgia and emotion. This also appears to have a bit of opprtunitism about it. Does Evra seriously believe this is what would be the right decision in the interest of the football club? It's good that he cares. But that's where the importance club gives it should end.

If he wants to help, he should just lobby to get rid of Woodward from footballing matters. Beyond that, don't see the point.

amolbhatia50k

Tbh I actually think that what Evra’s done is quite low... posted that after a defeat, gets our gullible fans who’d probably welcome SAF back as a striker, to get all giddy on social media. Without really having a clue what he’s talking about or who “we” really are.

While I think Ole is out of his depth and will cause more damage the longer he stays. Talking about signing players that the current manager failed to get is also disrespectful....
It's not really low. He loves the club and is making overt and opportunistic moves. But I don't see it as this disgusting act.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

am I the only one who wan't a fan of Evra? I actuallly thought (ducks for cover and grabs tin hat) Heinze was a better defender

Red00012

Someone replied asking what he's proposing, Evra's reply "my life"

This man bleeds United. Get him on the coaching staff ffs. I don't care if he's tactically inept, we need someone with his passion to wake these cnuts up.
Moronic post.
Let’s get an Ex player in with no coaching experience who “bleeds Utd”
Let’s get Keane , Scholes , Rio and Becks in too?
We have Carrick, Ole and Phelan in the coaching staff who “bleed Utd” .

A fat lot of good bleeding does. It’s quality we need.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
It's not really low. He loves the club and is making overt and opportunistic moves. But I don't see it as this disgusting act.
The timing is predatory, plays on fans fears and uncertainty and undermines the current manager

Thaila-X

Personally think there could be a place for Evra within the backroom staff rather than in the board room as DoF or similar. His enthusiasm and passion for United are obvious and his experience would make him a good if not ground-breaking coach. Also think his personality would make him a good mentor for some of the younger players in the squad.

haram

First steps to get us on the right track:

1. Hire a good manager
2. Get rid of Woodward
3. Stop listening to our ex players

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Who cares what he's talking about - it's just nice to see one of our ex players actually caring about the club and backing us.

Most of them are distancing themselves or slagging us off, he just wants the best for us. Patrice is a good man.

amolbhatia50k

Who cares what he's talking about - it's just nice to see one of our ex players actually caring about the club and backing us.

Most of them are distancing themselves or slagging us off, he just wants the best for us. Patrice is a good man.
They all care. That's been evident for years.

Sea-Cow

I love Pat and he is a legend, but this not what we need right now.

We need experts, not more fans who can only offer passion.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I’m with you. No clue what he is offering and why he is doing it in public.
no one knows what he’s talking about or who “we” are but everyone on social media welcoming him with open arms. Even worse then the hysteria to make Ole permanent manager after 10 games.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They all care. That's been evident for years.
Some definitely way more than others.

Perhaps I just prefer Evra's positivity over the moaning and groaning constantly of others.

cuz

Evra was one of my favourite players at united during there title reign! Has man united had a better left back?

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Read an article, probably just trash journalism, but it said if Allegri gets the United job he's going to take Evra with him.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Structurally, don't most top European clubs have ex-players in roles above the manager? It certainly seems we have a deficit of expertise beyond the manager position at the moment. If Evra is alluding to the idea that the board have been unwilling to introduce that expertise then he may be correct, even if he isn't the person for the job.
We have ole, butt, carrick, phelan (senior figure been there done that)

Red4Life_#7

Irwin is a legend. And he could play right back as well.
I think Evra was better, he played at a higher level more consistently. Irwin was a very good player thou, but Evra was better.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We have ole, butt, carrick, phelan (senior figure been there done that)

This may have been a sarcastic response that has gone over my head but my point was that we seem to be one of the few clubs where the manager role is the most senior one available for someone with football experience. Which seems remarkably stupid given that much of what happens above the manager's head is directly related to football.

PyroMan

Read an article, probably just trash journalism, but it said if Allegri gets the United job he's going to take Evra with him.
If there's an ounce of truth in that then I expect another Instagram post from Evra if we lose to Liverpool, hinting at "helping" the club.

Genuinely think the likes of Rio and Neville, though sometimes wrong and eager to jump on the hype, care a lot more than the club than others who are looking at the current state of the club as an opportunity to milk some more money out of us.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This may have been a sarcastic response that has gone over my head but my point was that we seem to be one of the few clubs where the manager role is the most senior one available for someone with football experience. Which seems remarkably stupid given that much of what happens above the manager's head is directly related to football.
The problem isn't the structure, it's the wrong person in charge.

Put Ole/evra/carrick or Neville as DOF it won't matter. Why? Because they lack the skill to hold that spot. We of all clubs should know that it's Who's in charge that matters, not what's in charge.

If we get a young saf as manager, will we be fine? yes.
If we stick with ole as manager, along with 5 whole class of 92 becomes the DOF team, will we be fine? Nope.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The problem isn't the structure, it's the wrong person in charge.

Put Ole/evra/carrick or Neville as DOF it won't matter. Why? Because they lack the skill to hold that spot. We of all clubs should know that it's Who's in charge that matters, not what's in charge.

If we get a young saf as manager, will we be fine? yes.
If we stick with ole as manager, along with 5 whole class of 92 becomes the DOF team, will we be fine? Nope.
Yes.

Woodward.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Allegri has his own set of people around him. That means Doveri, Landucci, Dolcetti and possibly Trombetta. Evra might squeeze in as the guy would need someone who links United to his system. I can't see Carrick, Phelan and Mckenna surviving though.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I met many United former and present players in my time. Gaz, Phil, Becks, Scholes, Giggs, Van Gouw, Yorke, Pogba, Jesse, Sir Bobby, Best, Robson etc. However Irwin was by far the most intelligent person I've met bar Sir Alex of course. His knowledge about tactics and the attention to detail is astounding. Many of these players tend to rely on the usual cliques during interviews but not Denis. He went into the little details and his argument was coherent, it made absolute sense and it reflected not only great tactical awareness but also an ability to fully comprehend how football has changed since his time. The guy makes the pundits on sky look like tactical dinosaurs.

Its fascinating how this guy has never gone into management or at least coaching.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I think Evra was better, he played at a higher level more consistently. Irwin was a very good player thou, but Evra was better.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Irwin was anything from "Good" to "MOTM" for a solid 10+ years and it was much the same in his final year despite limited playing time, we were just trying to phase in Silvestre and Neville into the full time LB spot. Evra dropped off massively during his last 2-3 years, started to become an awful habit of his post 2010 WC, would routinely get caught too far up the pitch and then jog back leaving Vidic to cover the spaces he left, we got caught out many times owing to that.