Evra accuses Suarez of racist remarks | Suarez guilty of racial abuse

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Just thinking about it, does Liverpool have any "black" players in their squad (I can't recall any ATM)? Would have been interesting on the training ground if proven true!

I doubt Evra would make shit like this up, knowing how serious this issue/allegation is. I hope that cheating twat gets a 6 month ban if true.
Glen Johnson

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
It's not doubtful. When there's a corner I imagine there are two cameras pointing at the corner, one shot is wide and the rest of the cameras that follow the game are in the box. They had at least two cameras well zoomed in around De Gea because there was always a lot of action there and that's where Evra and Suarez were clashing.
Just because it didn't show on tele doesn't mean that they don't have it on tape.

Since it's a racist remark claim than the FA will definitely look into it as the league prides itself of being clear of racism and having a zero tolerance policy on it. I don't think they can ban him from hearsay and video alone. If no one else but Evra heard it I don't think anything can be done.
Yeah see my edit, there's so much going on in a game you don't notice it but Evra was pissed and although I hope it's not true I trust Patrice and it wouldn't suprise if Suarez did do such a thing.

bsc

If the ref heard it, shouldn't he sent Suarez off or was it the linesman who heard it?
There's no way the ref could have heard it.

The altercation took place on the goal line and, when a corner is being taken, the ref stands around the edge of the box to get a good view.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Exactly. He's played hundreds (I think?) of games for us and never played the race card before. Why start now?
Not during a game, but didn't he accuse the groundsman at Stamford of making racist comments?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I haven't suggested that he's making it up. I've recognised the possibility that he misheard whatever it was Suarez said to him, especially if it was said in Suarez's native tongue. All we have at the moment is an accusation, to presume guilt without any evidence is unreasonable.
you are stretching. Evra would not make such accusations without understanding the words.

...or it is possible Suarez was asking for Evra's shirt after the match ;)

ArmchairCritic

Not during a game, but didn't he accuse the groundsman at Stamford of making racist comments?
Yup but that's a bit more difficult to prove using CCTV, it was effectively our word against Chelsea's, he ended up getting a 4 game ban for that as well didn't he?

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Woah people let's clarify a few things. Evra said the ref's aware, this could mean Evra told the ref not that the ref heard. Also there is no proof the camera's caught it, Evra is simply saying that Suarez said it 10 times and he expects a camera to have caught it which is doubtful as I believe the incident happened at a set piece.

EDIT: It appears it may have indeed been caught as per Feeky's post with the pic. Evra looks ready to spark him there.
Pretty sure that's the case.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
We know Suarez character, I certainly wouldn't put it past him and I certainly don't believe Paddy Evra is lieing. No doubt the FA will totally bottle this regardless.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It's Suarez. Nothing goes against him and he only ever wins fouls. And send off a Liverpool player at Anfield in this game?
Too much petty shite like this in here.

'IF' which seems likely there was a racist comment, i do not think for one minute the Ref would turn a complete blind eye.

To suggest because it's to do with Anfield, or because it's a certain player is childish nonsense.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Greater Manchester Police have informed Liverpool they will not be taking any action against Steve Finnan following allegations that he racially abused Manchester United defender Patrice Evra.

The incident being investigated followed complaints by lip-readers watching the televised Premiership clash at Old Trafford on January 22. Finnan had just given away a free-kick, which led to Rio Ferdinand's winning goal. Evra did not raise any complaints, although he was aware of the allegations.

The Liverpool defender vehemently denied the accusations and video evidence sanctioned by the Anfield club supported that view and now the police have dropped the case.

A Liverpool spokesman said: "Obviously we welcome the news. Our own analysis of the television footage proved there was no evidence to back up these claims. It's very unfortunate that Steve's good name has been dragged through the mud in the meantime and we are glad this matter has now been resolved."

Finnan cleared of racist taunting | Football | guardian.co.uk
For those who think he may be making allegations for the sake of it.

LARulz

I was just thinking that if he said it, or one of the times he did was in the box for the corner, would others not have heard it and got pissed at Suarez too?

If he did say it but the others didn't hear then I'm not sure how we can expect the ref or linesman to hear.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Yup but that's a bit more difficult to prove using CCTV, it was effectively our word against Chelsea's, he ended up getting a 4 game ban for that as well didn't he?
That he did.

People suggesting that Marriner would've ignored it if he had heard it seriously need to get a grip. No referee would let that slide. He'd never get to ref a game again if found out.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
So biting, cheating, and, now, racism.

He makes Biscuits likeable.

ArmchairCritic

I was just thinking that if he said it, or one of the times he did was in the box for the corner, would others not have heard it and got pissed at Suarez too?

If he did say it but the others didn't hear then I'm not sure how we can expect the ref or linesman to hear.
I don't know, there's a lot of chatter in the box in a variety of languages. Suarez doesn't have to say it loud if Evra's marking him does he?

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde

I don't think anyone is expecting any of the officials to hear it. There's plenty of opportunities during a match to say something to an opponent without no one else hearing it. Hopefully it has been caught on camera IF true.

Waltraute

She-Devil
I haven't suggested that he's making it up. I've recognised the possibility that he misheard
Misheard, misinterpreted...

Always the same shit.
Yeah, Patrice Evra -- the naïve little lamb, unaccustomed to the English game & the English language, probably misheard & misinterpreted!
Do me a favour!

LARulz

I don't know, there's a lot of chatter in the box in a variety of language. Suarez doesn't have to say it loud if Evra's marking him does he?
No, but what I'm mainly trying to say is the referee may not have heard it himself but Evra just told him and therefore I doubt the referee can back him up.

The referee will not really have much of an impact on this if he didn't actually hear it.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Can't see it clearly there from the gif.

One is Uruguian and one's French. I did wonder what language they were communicating in. Even if it does look like Suarez is saying what Evra claims, he can always use the language barrier excuse

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Misheard, misinterpreted...

Always the same shit.
Yeah, Patrice Evra -- the naïve little lamb, unaccustomed to the English game & the English language, probably misheard & misinterpreted!
Do me a favour!
I haven't said that he probably misheard/misinterpreted what was said, I've just recognised the possibility.

Learn to read, please.

LARulz

One is Uruguian and one's French. I did wonder what language they were communicating in. Even if it does look like Suarez is saying what Evra claims, he can always use the language barrier excuse
Evra speaks Spanish I think, so I assume in Spanish rather than English.

Can't tell clearly from the gif but hopefully this is properly looked into as it can't be ignored.

Waltraute

She-Devil

No, he can't. He said what he said.
Pure fecking racism.

Either the FA deal with it or we know what their 'Oh! We despise racism in the game!'-stance is really worth. Absolutely nothing.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I haven't said that he probably misheard/misinterpreted what was said, I've just recognised the possibility.

Learn to read, please.
For what it's worth Waltruate is one of the most intelligent posters on these boards, secondly, you don't hear the N word wrong. Especially when you're convinced enough to take it to the press.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
No, he can't. He said what he said.
Pure fecking racism.

Either the FA deal with it or we know what their 'Oh! We despise racism in the game!'-stance is really worth. Absolutely nothing.
And what exactly did he say?