Evra accuses Suarez of racist remarks | Suarez guilty of racial abuse

Liam147

On Probation
Hmm, interesting.

Shame it's The Mirror, but still, it's something. They have been typically misleading, claiming that Suarez said that even United fans offered him support, where, at the end it actually says a United fan came up to him and said "I respect you as a FOOTBALLER". That's not offering support to him.

But I wonder where the next move is. Liverpool? United? Evra? Suarez again? It shouldn't just be left to lie there, they're potentially libellous comments he's made there.

dmode

The liar little fecker!

"I promised my wife, the manager and the directors that I was going to shake my hand with Evra. Why not?, I thought, because I had no problems with him.
:confused:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm counting down the days tip he fecks over Liverpool and leaves the Premier League. It's a matter of time and it's going to be sweet as it gets.

Neo_Mufc

Just saw the article :lol: is he ever going to move on or atleast keep quiet for the sake of his reputation (which is already in tatters) and most importantly Liverpool F.C.

If he's in the right about the handshake why did he apologise to his club and Dalglish after the handshake incident?

"I made a mistake and I regret what happened, I should have shaken Patrice Evra’s hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions "

MiamiSpartan

Here's RAWK's next spin, taking the lead from their sister club: At least he didn't call Evra a "Monday".

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/...-leave-for-slur-directed-at-red-soxs-crawford

LEOMINSTER, Mass. -- A Massachusetts police officer was put on paid leave Wednesday after an internal investigation found that he directed a racial slur at Boston Red Sox outfielder Carl Crawford.

Officer John Perrault was suspended pending a disciplinary hearing scheduled for next week at which he could face more severe punishment, and could even be fired, Leominster mayor Dean Mazzarella and police chief Robert Healey said.

Perreault engaged in conduct unbecoming an officer, according to the chief and mayor.

The officer, who is white, was placed on desk duty after the July 5 incident. He was described as a veteran officer with no prior disciplinary problems.

He was off duty and attending a minor-league game in Manchester, N.H.

Witnesses said a heckling fan called Crawford, who is black, a "monday" before a game between the New Hampshire Fisher Cats and Portland Sea Dogs. Crawford said he interpreted the word as a racial slur.

The word can be used as a derogatory term for blacks, and is often associated with Mondays being one of the least-liked days of the week.

Crawford was playing for the Double-A Sea Dogs while rehabilitating a wrist injury.

Crawford alerted stadium officials to the remark, and team management apologized.

Leominster police reached out to Crawford as part of their investigation but did not talk to him, Mazzarella said.

The mayor and chief also issued an apology to Crawford.

Crawford returned to action for the Red Sox on Monday night, in a 5-1 victory against the Chicago White Sox.

By the way, I've never heard of "Monday" being a racial slur. Must be some nutty Boston thing. :houllier:

Aporkalypse

Here's RAWK's next spin, taking the lead from their sister club: At least he didn't call Evra a "Monday".

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/...-leave-for-slur-directed-at-red-soxs-crawford

LEOMINSTER, Mass. -- A Massachusetts police officer was put on paid leave Wednesday after an internal investigation found that he directed a racial slur at Boston Red Sox outfielder Carl Crawford.

Officer John Perrault was suspended pending a disciplinary hearing scheduled for next week at which he could face more severe punishment, and could even be fired, Leominster mayor Dean Mazzarella and police chief Robert Healey said.

Perreault engaged in conduct unbecoming an officer, according to the chief and mayor.

The officer, who is white, was placed on desk duty after the July 5 incident. He was described as a veteran officer with no prior disciplinary problems.

He was off duty and attending a minor-league game in Manchester, N.H.

Witnesses said a heckling fan called Crawford, who is black, a "monday" before a game between the New Hampshire Fisher Cats and Portland Sea Dogs. Crawford said he interpreted the word as a racial slur.

The word can be used as a derogatory term for blacks, and is often associated with Mondays being one of the least-liked days of the week.

Crawford was playing for the Double-A Sea Dogs while rehabilitating a wrist injury.

Crawford alerted stadium officials to the remark, and team management apologized.

Leominster police reached out to Crawford as part of their investigation but did not talk to him, Mazzarella said.

The mayor and chief also issued an apology to Crawford.

Crawford returned to action for the Red Sox on Monday night, in a 5-1 victory against the Chicago White Sox.

By the way, I've never heard of "Monday" being a racial slur. Must be some nutty Boston thing. :houllier:
The Boomtown Rats and Garfield are massive racists.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Career suicide: Dalglish's support for Suarez got him fired - Fergie

Sir Alex Ferguson says Kenny Dalglish got himself sacked by Liverpool with his mishandling of the Luis Suarez racism row.

Dalglish was fired at the end of last season and Manchester United opposite number Ferguson said his fellow Scot's unstinting support of Kop star Suarez ultimately cost him his job.

"I wasn't surprised at Kenny leaving," said Ferguson. "I think John Henry has obviously looked at the Suarez incident and felt it wasn't handled in the right way.

"I think that must have been part of it. It certainly wasn't a nice thing to happen, you know."

Suarez was banned for eight matches by the FA after an independent commission found him guilty of racially abusing United's Patrice Evra during a game last October.

Dalglish continued to back his striker, even after Suarez was found guilty, and claimed the player was the victim of a conspiracy.

Among Dalglish's ill-advised actions during the saga was his idea for the Liverpool squad to wear t-shirts in support of Suarez before a Premier League game.

Suarez re-opened the race row this week in an interview in his native Uruguay, during which by claimed Manchester United's 'political power' had got him banned.

He spoke out even though Dalglish's successor Brendan Rodgers has said it is time for Suarez to move on and for the whole issue to be consigned to the past.

"I've seen that Suarez has gone back and talked about it," said Ferguson. "If Suarez keeps on making headlines out of it then it's not going to go away."

Ferguson, speaking in Durban, South Africa on United's pre-season tour, dismissed the idea Suarez was the victim of a conspiracy orchestrated by Liverpool's arch-rivals.

"I don't think that was anything to do with Manchester United," said Fergie.

Despite football being shown in a poor light by the Suarez/Evra episode and John Terry's recent trial, Ferguson said he did not envisage a return to the dark days of discrimination.

"I don't think there's cause to worry about racism in England," said Ferguson. "Since I've been down in England we've made great strides forward. I don't see any problem with the game in terms of race.

"Obviously, I don't know what Terry said - there's a lot of speculation about what he said and why he said it - but I don't think it's a problem."

(Source: Daily Mirror)

RedCanuck

Shame really that Suarez has decided to continue this. I want to go back to laughing at Liverpool for football reasons rather than laughing at idiots trying to justify idiotic behavior. The sponsors must be railing against this idiot, amatures.

All credit to Football365 for compiling these comments:

I have spoken with the manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong. I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened. I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions. I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football
- Luis Suarez, February 12.

In England, it was shown the moment when I passed in front of him, but they didn't see that he had his hand low before. Only the media in Uruguay and Spain showed that I wanted to shake his hand. Previously, I had promised my wife, the manager and the directors that I was going to shake hands with Evra. There was a chance for the teams not to shake hands like in a game between QPR and Chelsea [following the Anton Ferdinand-John Terry racism row], but I told them I was to shake hands with him. 'Why not?', I thought, because I had no problems with him. I had been punished because of him, but I had no problems with shaking hands
- Luis Suarez, July 17.

Were you lying then Mr. Suarez? Or are you lying now?

RedCanuck

I've just read Fergie's comments about how Suarez cost KKKenny his job. Hats off to the man, he knows how to run the media to his advantage.

Stupid media management by Liverpool: Articles from the Telegraph and the Guardian.

dmode

Career suicide: Dalglish's support for Suarez got him fired - Fergie

This should be cited as an example (or things not to do) in management books... basically all came down to the fact that they swallowed their pride by not having the gut to fire their best player... Liverpool is not so great in terms of reputation and result-wise at the moment... I would not like to face such a situation as a fan.

Crustanoid

SAF is 100% right, but this will be seen as inflammatory by the deluded pricks at LFC and those who follow them

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I've just read Fergie's comments about how Suarez cost KKKenny his job. Hats off to the man, he knows how to run the media to his advantage.Stupid media management by Liverpool: Articles from the Telegraph and the Guardian.
SAF is 100% right, but this will be seen as inflammatory by the deluded pricks at LFC and those who follow them
Another 100% correct facht for you in bold above by a deluded LFC prick.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I've been away from this topic for a few weeks. Can anyone point me to the Choc Ice comments thread please.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
More Fergie quotes

'I've seen he's gone back and talked about it,' added Ferguson. 'It's not going to go away if Suarez keeps on making headlines out of it.

'I don’t think that is anything to do with Manchester United. I think that was to do with Patrice Evra. But it wasn’t Evra’s contribution, it wasn’t Suarez’s contribution, it was the expert they called in to explain the cultural differences. He was the guy who killed Suarez.’
Their own witness lead to Suarez' downfall. :lol::lol::lol:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Fergie said:
There is no doubt Evra put his hand towards him, but I think Evra expected him not to shake hands. Evra actually said that to the lads.

He just felt he wasn’t going to shake his hand. He was sort of embarrassed to put his hand there. It’s Suarez, he’s the one who should be making the effort to do something about it.
I believe this. I believe it was the case for both parties, though. Both were prepared to shake beforehand but neither wanted to be seen to be snubbed by the other (hence Evra's reaction afterwards). And it's absolutely true that the emphasis should have been on Suarez making the effort, much like he did with Rio who wasn't interested at all.

As soon as Evra grabbed Suarez's arm and Suarez blanked him, the blame can only lie with Suarez.

That's how it was at the time, that's how it is now Suarez has had time to change his story and tow the Rawk line.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Probably went with a % of his wages. Even so £45k for saying this : "I hear you fella! Choc ice is classic. Hahahahahaha!!" seems a bit much.

Fergie wasn't pleased at the presser but like I said he isn't going to be banning the players. Least not till someone does something catastrophic like criticise the team/players online.

SteveJ

Scout
No doubt Rio views Twitter as a vital part of his business endeavours.

Regardless of that matter, I do wish our players wouldn't bother with Piers Morgan on Twitter...he appears to hate everyone bar himself and Kevin Pieterson.

SteveJ

Scout
For Christ's sake...even the normally excellent Sid Lowe rolls out the excuses for Suarez:

The word negro in Spanish does not mean "negro", and certainly does not mean the other n-word. In Uruguay, it is a word so widely used as to often be little more than mate. "In Spanish, in Latin America, there's a way of speaking that is totally different. There are words you can say here that you could not say there and vice-versa. They would be taken in a totally different way," says Suárez. But perhaps that is not even the point given that after three days of video evidence at a three-man Independent Regulatory Commission, lip readers produced no hard evidence that he said what he was accused of saying.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/24/luis-suarez-liverpool?CMP=twt_gu

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
fecking hell Sid. I bet he wouldn't write such a paragraph if he read the report. Suarez was bang to rights.

SteveJ

Scout
How surprising...no readers' comments allowed.