Evra accuses Suarez of racist remarks | Suarez guilty of racial abuse

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
To be fair the Scouse Internet Army would be all over that shit. If there's ever an Evra article in the Daily Mail the top comments are always misspelled odes to the toothy racist.

Anyway, Sid's wrong isn't he? Negrito is the one that's used as mate, not negro. Not that it particularly matter's when the words that preceded it are "I kicked you because you are a" and "I don't speak to".

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I wouldn't be surprised if Sid Lowe's well aware of his 'error', mate. Obviously, no-one from Liverpool FC/FSG has realised that Suarez's public image is beyond repair, despite puff pieces like this latest one.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The Independent has an 'exclusive' interview too:

The language barrier is not an excuse Suarez has used. It might have given him a get-out last October when he was accused of calling United's Patrice Evra "negro", the Spanish word for black, in a row the pair had in that language. He remains adamant that beyond the nuances of definition he simply did not say "that word" and that none of the lip-readers called upon by the Football Association who watched him on a big screen during three hours of evidence could find him saying it either. "It's in the past now. If we go on talking about it, then it will never end," he says.
This is all so bloody transparent from Liverpool.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
I wouldn't be surprised if Sid Lowe's well aware of his 'error', mate. Obviously, no-one from Liverpool FC/FSG has realised that Suarez's public image is beyond repair, despite puff pieces like this latest one.
I doubt if he deliberately did it, the human mind is incredible for selecting pieces of 'evidence' that suits what it wants to believe. If I recall correctly, Sid liked Suarez from a long time back.

Whilst we're on Liverpool's approach, I still can't believe United didn't feck Liverpool out of it for effectively accusing Evra of lying/blatantly leaking ridiculously selective and misleading parts of the report to try to soften the blow

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The more they talk about it, the more it will hurt their club. It already damaged their Kenny legend.

Just let them talk more, so they won't be focused on real football terms.

Eboue.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
There's nowhere else you can go with this. The rest of the world knows how things are. The rest of the world also knows that Suarez wasn't punished for racism (even though he could have been).

Liverpool fans are the only ones who have to stay in denial while they chant 'there's only one lying bastard' at Evra when they know full well their club forcefully spread lies about Evra as it went into PR meltdown.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Suarez is repeatedly showing himself up as a lying scumbag.

By denying to Sid Lowe that he called Evra negro, when he admitted as much in the case shows he can't even keep track of his own lies now.

How Sid Lowe fell for it is anyone's guess. Maybe because of his Spanish football focus, he didn't follow the case properly or bother with the report.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
It's an odd article that. Some good parts too it, but the bit about the racism issue comes across like it's from Liverpool's PR department. Seems to be similar articles out there today as well.

Amir

Obviously a group interview trying to improve PR at the start of the season. Maybe the papers are so happy for the opportunity they're not trying to make things too hard for him.

Count Orduck

Well, Sid Lowe has a hard-on for anything South American, doesn't he? It's hardly surprising.

jem

Well, Sid Lowe has a hard-on for anything South American, doesn't he? It's hardly surprising.
He's also a Liverpool, if I'm not mistaken. He's usually very good, but this latest piece on Suarez is awful. To be so casually dismissive of the use of that word, smacks of lazy writing. Yes it can be used like 'mate' in South America (I'm married into a S.A. family,) but only if you are indeed mates with that person (and I don't think anyone is making that case for Evra and Suarez.)

I got tired of hearing all these arguments about nuance and decided to do some field research myself. I had a Colombian student who was black and I asked her the following:

"If someone who wasn't your friend addressed you with the term 'negra,' or 'negrita', how would you feel?"

She said that she would indeed be insulted by such usage.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I like Sid Lowe but that piece is bollocks.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Old beaver teeth still won't let it lie:

Luis Suárez has risked reopening his race row with Manchester Uniteddefender Patrice Evra by claiming he has no regrets over the incident which he described as "all false".

The Liverpool striker was banned for eight games after being found guilty of racially abusing the Frenchman in 2011. However, Suárez says the only mistakes he regrets in his career involved twice biting an opponent. He told Sport890 AM: "Let me tell you, I've made only two mistakes in my career. My first was when I was playing for Ajax and I bit an opponent. My second was when I bit [Branislav] Ivanovic [against Chelsea].

"The case with Evra was all false. I was accused without proof. But that's in the past. I was sad at that moment, but I'm happy today. I have grown up. I have thought more about things before doing them.

"Now people in England can't talk about me because I'm not doing anything wrong. They have to talk about me only as a footballer. I said I'm sorry [after the Ivanovic bite] and that was all, end of story. I've nothing else to regret. All the other things were like a movie that people in England believed in."
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/13/iverpool-luis-suarez-race-row-patrice-evra-all-false

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Two mistakes? Someone should pull out a compilation of his past incidents. He seemed to have one every other week up til he hit red hot form.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's in the form of his life, people are slowly forgetting some of his lower moments and he brings up racially abusing Evra again? He is a moron of the highest level.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He's in the form of his life, people are slowly forgetting some of his lower moments and he brings up racially abusing Evra again? He is a moron of the highest level.
This. You'd think he'd be keener than anyone to put all this behind him.