Evra accuses Suarez of racist remarks | Suarez guilty of racial abuse

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Remember we're assuming Suarez dropped the 'N' word and didn't say anything in Spanish a lagnuage Evra knows quite well.

Drainy

this is major and the FA if they want to have any credibility, will have to investigate.

I'm going to enjoy this.
I doubt you will enjoy how its going to end up. Even if he's found guilty (and thats a massive if) I don't think he'll get more than a 3 match ban.

mjs020294

If Evra rises to the bait more fool him. Shit happens on sports fields all the time and I am sure he has heard the same stuff dozens of times.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Evra should have done him right there.

I'd rather lose than win doing shit like that.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Let's just wait and see what happens. We have no idea what was said, and it's not that difficult to mishear something in a heated/noisy environment and get the wrong end of the stick. If this were the other way around and one of our players was being accused of racist abuse by a Liverpool player, I'm sure we'd be taking a more sensible approach.

As I said, let's just wait and see what evidence emerges.
Evra claims he said it atleast 10 times, if he misheard it the first he certainly didn't the second or third.

Stop doing another lame wum.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
If Evra rises to the bait more fool him. Shit happens on sports fields all the time and I am sure he has heard the same stuff dozens of times.
I think you'll find racist comments don't happen on the pitch 'all the time'

But you have a point in that Evra should just ignore the racist comments, you know, it happens all the time after all. :rolleyes:

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Evra had a rather subdued reaction is Suarez did say it 10 times..
If you punch him with no evidence, you're off. Suarez tried to pat him on the head, and Evra slapped his arm off. He certainly wasn't cool with him.

Drainy

Didn't Evra accuse the Chelsea groundsman of racial abuse in a warm-down once?

I found that unlikely at the time, but who knows.
He alleged that the groundsman called him a fecking immigrant, the groundsman claimed he said that Evra was fecking ignorant.

Unless Suarez was calling him a nagger because he was always at the ref, I doubt its a similar issue. :p

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I doubt you will enjoy how its going to end up. Even if he's found guilty (and thats a massive if) I don't think he'll get more than a 3 match ban.
wont be bothered if does not even get a ban.

if found guilty he will be hounded out of the game..certainly in England.

A racist? open season on the cnut. no one will complain whatever happens to him.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Are you calling him a liar then?
I'm saying he may have exaggerated . I'm just looking for other possibilities. Evra isn't exactly know for his honesty and professionalism, is he? Take France and the WC. Allow the investigation to happen before making your verdict based on quotes.

Drainy

wont be bothered if does not even get a ban.

if found guilty he will be hounded out of the game..certainly in England.

A racist? open season on the cnut. no one will complain whatever happens to him.
He doesn't seem like the type of player to be bothered by everyone knowing he's a despicable cnut, but I get your point.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Luis Suarez - Discussion

It's interesting to see the RAWK reaction. The same sort of arguments being used on here to presume Suarez's guilt (character, previous form etc) are being used to assume that Evra is making it up. Football fans, eh?

Brophs

The One and Only
No one has any proof that this has been said apart from Evra's word. If I had to guess I'd say he's telling the truth but this is too serious an allegation to condemn the guy on his word alone. I think we've seen with the Busquets incident that unless someone else heard it they'll ignore the lip-reading and find that there isn't enough evidence.

mjs020294

Yeah, what an idiot getting offended by racism.
Suarez wanted a reaction and Evra got booked. You have to be a little bit smarter than that. Now any player that wants to get under his skin knows how to push his buttons.

ArmchairCritic

No one has any proof that this has been said apart from Evra's word. If I had to guess I'd say he's telling the truth but this is too serious an allegation to condemn the guy on his word alone. I think we've seen with the Busquets incident that unless someone else heard it they'll ignore the lip-reading and find that there isn't enough evidence.
Yup I've got a feeling nothing will come of this but Evra seemed really pissed off.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
No one has any proof that this has been said apart from Evra's word. If I had to guess I'd say he's telling the truth but this is too serious an allegation to condemn the guy on his word alone.
Pretty much my point.

Can't accuse the guy of being a racist without proof. At the moment all we have is Evra's word.

ArmchairCritic

Suarez wanted a reaction and Evra got booked. You have to be a little bit smarter than that. Now any player that wants to get under his skin knows how to push his buttons.
If he was racist then Evra reacted pretty well considering most people would have decked Suarez if he tried to do that on the street.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
When Evra says a 'certain word' was said to him.

I know immediately what he's talking about. A word that a dunce like Suarez certainly knows about. I hope something is done about this.
Is this certain word known universally to French, Spanish, and English speakers ? I'm wondering what language it was said in.

Spoony

The People's President
Or perhaps he just doesn't like certain people from a certain background. No one knows whether he used the N word, nor does anyone know why he used it, that's if used it.

There's a lot supposition in this thread, and you're the worst for it Mike.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Pretty much my point.

Can't accuse the guy of being a racist without proof. At the moment all we have is Evra's word.
Careful. Apparently this kind of sensible view isn't tolerated by some posters on the Caf.

mjs020294

Who are YOU to tell Evra how he should react to racism?
Evra can react any way he likes, I couldn't give a crap. I am pretty sure SAF will be telling him he needs to turn the other cheek in those situations though.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
I'm saying he may have exaggerated . I'm just looking for other possibilities. Evra isn't exactly know for his honesty and professionalism, is he? Take France and the WC. Allow the investigation to happen before making your verdict based on quotes.
In other words you're implying he's a liar.

Just like earlier Adam's not a diver?

What next, Rafa's a genius?

Waltraute

She-Devil
And that's why racism will never get 'kicked out of football'.

Because the evidence of the person addressed will never be enough. Neither will the evidence of the United supporters being there (because they're obviously biased) and so on & on...

It's disgusting.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Nothing will happen.

If the ref had heard it at the time he'd have sent Suarez off, obviously, and the cameras didn't catch anything unless Sky censored it, which would have to be some pretty swift editing.

Best Evra can do is make a public issue of it so the spotlight's on Suarez from now on, which is what it looks like he's going to do

mjs020294

Or perhaps he just doesn't like certain people from a certain background. No one knows whether he used the N word, nor does anyone know why he used it, that's if used it.

There's a lot supposition in this thread, and you're the worst for it Mike.
I haven't even speculated what was said TBH. It doesn't matter whether it was the N word or his nationality or the way he walks TBH. Players have to deal with that sort of stuff all the time.