Evra accuses Suarez of racist remarks | Suarez guilty of racial abuse

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Err, yeah :houllier:

Have you got an answer to my question as to why Evra seems to be the one who's targeted more than most when it comes to racism ?

Suarez plays week in, week out, against black players. Not only for club, but for his country aswell. However, I don't recall other black players accusing him of the kind of things your lad is.
Er...."He doesn't do it every week" isn't a valid defense you idiot.

"Your honor, my client sees human beings every single day, yet how come he doesn't murder someone every day?"

Some budding lawyers on this forum.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
That's what I mean about this backfiring. That's a story that would spread.
You're right.

Dr. Manhattan on RAWK said:
quite frankly it's like the boy who cried wolf. He's done it several times before, all turned out to be absolute bollocks, and I imagine this won't be any different. Frankly, it's embarrassing.
Any chance he or any other RAWKite could summarise the previous "several" cases where Evra accused people of racism and it turned out they were innocent? 'Cos where I'm sitting, there's been precisely none.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
That deserves a ban pete! Unacceptable!

I dont know how any can think racist comments is something that should just be tolerated and brushed over. No matter who it is directed towards. In this day and age, it's unacceptable. In what setting is it actually acceptable?

mjs, this really happens all the time? I'd like you to elaborate. Remember when Balotelli brought up the racist remarks he received in Italy. What about the black footballers here in England that received racist taunts in the past? Obviously there's only so much you can do about it but it's good that it's been stamped out. People used to be called ape and things worse than that. If it does happen, I believe it's a pretty low minority. This should be something that we're past now but it always comes up because racism is just one of those things that you wonder if it will ever go away.

It's truly shameful and how some of you decide to throw it under the rug and treat it as a non-issue is beyond me. Now we'll see if the FA have any bollocks or not. From my impressions, especially from reading Neville's bio, it's a big fat f'in NO
I think you've not quite grasped that some of us think the accusation(s) may not be true, or due to a misunderstanding.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Just on Pete's post, it's probably worth remembering that 'the n-word' is an Americanism. In Britain (or anywhere else, for that matter), when you want to reference a word, no matter how terrible it is, you generally use the actual word. So I wouldn't take it wrong way.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

Have you got an answer to my question as to why Evra seems to be the one who's targeted more than most when it comes to racism ?

Suarez plays week in, week out, against black players. Not only for club, but for his country aswell. However, I don't recall other black players accusing him of the kind of things your lad is. There were other players all within earshot of the players when Suarez is alleged to have come out with the insult. Yet surprisingly, none of them seem to have heard this word. Even more surprising when you consider he's supposed to have said it 10 times.
so you did a poll to determine Evra gets more racial abuse than anyone else...

Evra chose to bring up your shit of a player's racial abuse, while others did not. Evra did the right thing.

when was the investigation completed that no one else heard anything.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Pete's comment is a clearly a parody of the phrase 'the boy who cried wolf', referring to past accusations and the effect that has on credibility.

Vanrouge

Suarez plays week in, week out, against black players. Not only for club, but for his country aswell. However, I don't recall other black players accusing him of the kind of things your lad is. There were other players all within earshot of the players when Suarez is alleged to have come out with the insult. Yet surprisingly, none of them seem to have heard this word. Even more surprising when you consider he's supposed to have said it 10 times.
Because many people who hear racism directed at them on a regular basis develop an understandably defeatist attitude when they see that nothing or (at best) very little is ever done about it? That they almost invariably get accused of "playing the race card", which is really a not so very veiled appeal for the status quo. Whereas in Patrice Evra's case, he's a feisty character who believes in speaking up? There are plenty of possible explanations if you possess even an ounce of logic or imagination.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde

More than most? Two situations in the PL (the other one by a staff member after a match) isn't really of any statistical importance.

Suarez is known as a trademark cnut to everyone who doesn't support Liverpool. He's only been playing in England for half a year so it's no great surprise there hasn't been any complaints yet.

You can't really decide cases like this on "what usually happens". Luckily it happens very rarely, so it makes absolutely no sense to look at the past - unless one of the involved players happens to have a history of course (history != a few times).

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Just on Pete's post, it's probably worth remembering that 'the n-word' is an Americanism. In Britain (or anywhere else, for that matter), when you want to reference a word, no matter how terrible it is, you generally use the actual word. So I wouldn't take it wrong way.
Would not surprise me if such language is part of your general vocabulary when your in the company of your fellow minded mates.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
From twitter:

Just had a conversation with a red,he said this:'suarez def called evra a n*****. He's from uruguay,they're all like that'. Erm....
So the person says Suarez made a racist remark and then makes a sweeping generalization about all the people from Uruguay all in one sentence without realizing the irony.

Incredible. Twitter eh? :lol:

Waltraute

She-Devil
"What motive does Evra have" is not a valid proof to label someone a racist though.

Lets see what comes out in the next few days. If Evra says that he did it 10-11 times then there should be a proof somewhere.
What the hell will ever be a valid proof when the person being addressed by a racist slur is totally disregarded?
And his team mates are disregarded (bias!) and the United support are disregarded (bias!)?

I'd love it if some black Scousers who heard it would come forward, but I'm not holding my breath.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Pete's comment is a clearly a parody of the phrase 'the boy who cried wolf', referring to past accusations and the effect that has on credibility.
Mike, feck off with all the parody bullshit. Of course everyone knows the parody.

We know what word that was allegedly used. Nowadays, its accepted that this word along with a few others are disgusting word which incites hatred and violence and should have a zero tolerance in todays world we live in in the UK.

There is just no need to spell it out. Im really surprised by your response.

I would want our Mods to take a similar stance on that.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Some people are blinded by words.
words change the world Mike. in good ways and bad. And once said, they can never ben taken back. Its been the basis for so many wars and waste of human life.

Or did you not know that? :houllier:

Edmeiste

I think you've not quite grasped that some of us think the accusation(s) may not be true, or due to a misunderstanding.
im not talking about that. I'm generalizing whilst assuming that in fact it was a racist remark. i know some people think that and i wont dispute that. it's your position and i respect it. I'm talking about in the case where racism is displayed, it gets swept under the rug.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

From 1:20 it's obvious Suarez is saying things to him that's making Evra lose focus and he's finding it hard to concentrate later.

I would like to know what Evra is telling the ref at 1:46 and he's finding it hard to concentrate later.

Look at the look at 2:11, it's as if Evra can't belive the audacity of whatever has been said.

Either way I hope Suarez gets stomped in the nuts.
Look how close to the incident Kuyt is, and then look how he runs over to the ref seemingly denying everything evra has just said to the ref despite there being no way Kuyt could have heard what Evra said to the ref...

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Pete's comment is a clearly a parody of the phrase 'the boy who cried wolf', referring to the past accusations.
Yes, but I think it's his blunt use of the word he used that people are objecting to.

Would not surprise me if such language is part of your general vocabulary when your in the company of your fellow minded mates.
What on Earth is that supposed to mean? The only time I would write or say the word would be to reference its use by someone else, or if in a general discussion on a topic in which the word is relevant. Using the actual word as opposed to the 'n-word' is standard practice in the UK and Europe, whether in journalism or anywhere else. Its use in this way is completely non-controversial.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Mike, feck off with all the parody bullshit. We know what word that was allegedly used. Nowadays, its accepted that this wod along with a few others are disgusting word which incites hatred and violence and should have a zero tolerance. There is just no need to spell it out.

I would want our Mods to take a similar stance on that.
Use-mention distinction

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
the 'n' word is highly offensive here in the states and many Americans are on this board.

everyone knows what he meant. He could have been sensitive about spelling out the word.
He should know better being on this board for 9 years, I don't he meant ill with it but it's difficult to put things into context on a internet forum and sometimes you need to be careful before people get the wrong end of the stick.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Look how close to the incident Kuyt is, and then look how he runs over to the ref seemingly denying everything evra has just said to the ref despite there being no way Kuyt could have heard what Evra said to the ref...
Yeah but he's Dutch, they're all like that;)