Evra: Cristiano said «yes» to Sir Alex in 2013

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
SAF left the greatest legacy in club football history to give back to his wife who lost her sister. That ranks all the way up there as a legitimate reason to leave when he did.

Also: Ouch that Evras wife was suddenly happy and he just shut her down. No leaving Foggy England for her quite yet :p

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
A blessing in disguise that we ended up with Moyes and Fellaini instead. I'm so so happy, happy new year.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Mrs Evra comes across terribly in this. Who says that to their other half when they'd obviously be devastated?

stu_1992

I feel like that was reported around the same time, or some time after the fact. Sounded like bollocks to be fair. However this seems to legitimize the claims. What could have been... sickening :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
I wonder if our games against Madrid in 2013, and the huge reaction Ronaldo got at Old Trafford in the 2nd leg, played a part.

Skills

Snitch
It is believable because Ronaldo/Madrid and Mourinho were having huge problems back then.

In the end they kept Ronaldo, fecked off Mourinho, we lost Sir Alex, got Moyes /LVG and eventually ended up with Mourinho's toxicity ourselves.

Based Adnan

I can't remember where it came from a but a while back it came out Fergie would openly talk about Ronnie's return in the dressing room in 12/13.

Brophs

The One and Only
Moyes would have given him strict orders to do nothing except pump endless crosses into Fellaini
“Get out wide, get the ball in early and then get on the end of your own cross, like Steven Naismith used to do it”.

arnie_ni

How different the last 7 8 years could have been if fergie just stayed one more year and got a few transfers over the line.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I find this hard to believe to be honest, I suspect we were being used for contract negotiations between Ronaldo and Real

Woodzy

Wasn't this the rumour for a while, and plans changed when Moyes came in?

I assume that was on the players side as well, because Moyes has talked about trying to sign them.

mshnsh

Cristano wouldn't have been as successful here mainly because we did not have players as good as those of Real Madrid to spoon feed him for his goals

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We'd have smashed it in 2014 if SAF had hung around.

Even without Ronnie and/or Bale, at the very least RVP still had another wonder season in him. fecking Moyes.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Who knows if it's true, but it's one hell of a sliding doors moment. He went on to win 4 champions leagues in the following 5 years.

What could have been if they'd both stuck around...

Handré1990

Wasn't this the rumour for a while, and plans changed when Moyes came in?

I assume that was on the players side as well, because Moyes has talked about trying to sign them.
Yup, what I was thinking as well. Moyes spun it as the club failed him though, the club failed itself, no way were them two coming for David fecking Moyes!

Yagami

Good post resistant
We'd have smashed it in 2014 if SAF had hung around.

Even without Ronnie and/or Bale, at the very least RVP still had another wonder season in him. fecking Moyes.
It would've been interesting that's for sure. You look back at that season and remember City and Liverpool being amazing attacking forces, but they would've had to face a Fergie lead United (w/ maybe Ronaldo and Bale) instead of Moyes.

davidmichael

Ronaldo and Bale causing havoc from wide with Van Persie through the middle, feck me sideways and call me Mildred that would have been some front three in 2013 and as good as Barca had at that time in my opinion.

POF

With Evra, I'm never quite sure if what he's saying is true. I'm sure he believes it but it may only be true on whatever planet he lives on!

My favourite part of that was Fergie apologising to RVP and Kagawa. Definitely required. They come to the club with the promise of working with one of the best managers of all time and then have David Moyes dropped on them.

iHicksy

Cristano wouldn't have been as successful here mainly because we did not have players as good as those of Real Madrid to spoon feed him for his goals
What are you, like 16?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
With Evra, I'm never quite sure if what he's saying is true. I'm sure he believes it but it may only be true on whatever planet he lives on!

My favourite part of that was Fergie apologising to RVP and Kagawa. Definitely required. They come to the club with the promise of working with one of the best managers of all time and then have David Moyes dropped on them.
Moyes showed them videos of Leon Osman and Duncan Ferguson.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I don't think it's coming out of the blue, may have been a conversation they've had before. I remember a time when there were a lot of Evra to Madrid links.
Yeah I remember that well, and I have no doubt they had prior discussions about leaving etc, doesn't negate the fact that what she said would have pissed me off personally - it's akin to me coming home devastated being fired and having my wife saying "that's awesome, we can have a month long holiday now".

Just come across disrespectful and dispassionate towards your partner.