Evra | (Soon to be Ex-)Pundit Thread | Patman Watch

RG 11

:lol: Evra winding up Arsenal. Some things never change.

DoomSlayer

Get Evra and Keane together, it would be amazing! I love how this type of strong personalities never sugarcoat things, it's entertaining of course, but it really shows how straight forward and tough their mentality is.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Quite moving listening to him about racism. Specially the Suarez incident and our reaction to it. :(

I'm glad he's calling us out on it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Interesting that he said he's been having talks for some sort of role at the club.

RUCK4444

Absolute breath of fresh air as a pundit, just his enthusiasm and personality.

I miss him in the team. He should do the team talks :devil:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Quite moving listening to him about racism. Specially the Suarez incident and our reaction to it. :(

I'm glad he's calling us out on it.
I thought Carragher did really well there as well on Liverpool’s behalf - you could tell Evra appreciated the regret in Carragher’s reflections on that time; really good discussion all round I thought.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Yeah want to listen to the discussion on Suarez again. If someone can post when it's up.

TrustInOle

Any chance Evra is eyeing the assistant manager Gig with Phelan stepping up to dof? I know, kinda reaching, but I feel his desire and commitment would really compliment Ole.

croadyman

My favourite bit was when David Jones said that maybe Rojo made that defensive mistake yesterday because he was tired, however Paddy was having none of it and just said that is no excuse. Mind you still doesn't beat their faces in the studio on Sunday when Keano suggested signing Kane to solve our striker problem.

croadyman

Interesting that he said he's been having talks for some sort of role at the club.
Yeah that was an interesting bit of information, however maybe those talks were before he was pictured sitting alongside Allegri recently which I can't imagine our board took well.

Coops73

Is Carragher seriously trying to say he knew nothing about what was going on with regards to those t-shirts? Then again that’s coming from someone who spits on children so is it any surprise? fecking cretin.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Turned on and the first thing I saw was Evra calling Arsenal babies. Thought it was ridiculously insulting so turned over.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Turned on and the first thing I saw was Evra calling Arsenal babies. Thought it was ridiculously insulting so turned over.
They're more like toddlers for you?

I feel these comments are similar to those made by Neville about 'rubbish Spurs'; they seem out of order, particularly if you're a fan or you were involved with the team in question like Harry Redknapp was, but it's former players speaking candidly about the kinds of thoughts and feelings that were in those dressing rooms, which I think should be encouraged. Obviously in this case it's two United players calling out other sides but you can bet those kind of conversations have happened in the away dressing room at Old Trafford of late, and if someone were to speak up about them I wouldn't be happy but I could hardly complain when we all know we've been a soft touch recently.

Oggmonster

Is Carragher seriously trying to say he knew nothing about what was going on with regards to those t-shirts? Then again that’s coming from someone who spits on children so is it any surprise? fecking cretin.

Yeah it was bollocks that. He was basically exonerating himself from it all and also mentioned Dalglish as he didn't know anything about it and implied Gerrard etc to basically saying it was "Suarez mates" who organised it all. Even if that is the case surely in the changing room one of these senior guys who "knew nothing about it" could of said it was bollocks and told everyone to take them off or chose not to wear it themselves. I get his logic of all for one or whatever and I'm sure he is actually regretful of it but at the same time the fact that the 3 Liverpool legends (Carragher, Dalglish and Gerrard) knew nothing about it. I'm sure if 1 of them said take the t shirts off everyone would of done. This was after he'd been found guilty to. Equally even after this with the handshake stuff in the next game Dalglish was still defending him.

I don't mind Carragher he's a decent pundit and like I said he probably does mean the apology but it doesn't count for much when at the same time he's pretending he and his mates were oblivious to it all and pretty much throws the rest of the team under the bus.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, I thought it was a pretty convenient excuse that he didn't know about it until it was too late and 'the team' had already decided on it. Still however, it was good to see him acknowledge live on TV that it was a mistake.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I don't exactly blame Carragher here. Team dynamics tend to make people do dumb things.

For me it's mainly down to the club itself for being so remarkably stupid. I'd say it mostly starts with Kenny, who was a massive knob the way he conducted himself throughout the saga.

In his interview after the Suarez-Evra no handshake, he accused Geoff Shreeves of being 'bang out of order' for suggesting Suarez's action weren't okay. He is and was a complete dinosaur, and Liverpool deserved better leadership throughout (which SAF pointed out).

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Obviously it’s correct that he apologised but it felt a bit of a Cop out/lie saying that no-one at the club thought it was the right thing to do. That’s quite obviously a lie otherwise A) the plan would never have been thought of and B) someone would have stepped in.

Marcelinho87

Yeah that was an interesting bit of information, however maybe those talks were before he was pictured sitting alongside Allegri recently which I can't imagine our board took well.
Why would Evra sitting with Allegri affect our board? Has Allegri shat in Woodwards man bag or something?

Joe Cool

Supports
Chelsea
Ha ha, love this, I am a Chelsea fan, but I love people like Evra, he's not afraid of speaking his mind live on national television. He's basically your average fan put in a TV chair ready to make a mockery of the clubs he hates the most.

I'm limited to only three posts here because I don't write that much, but a few years back I wrote a post on how Arsenal and Spurs are irrelevant when it comes to big trophies because they are like snowflakes. They are too soft and their fan bases are probably the most delusional in European football. I bet if these two would be 12-14 points ahead in the title race by, let's say, December, still nobody would think they could go all the way and surely would find a way to bottle it. Well, Spurs have finished 2nd in a one horse race... Tells you everything you need to know about them.

Last edited by a moderator: