Evra | (Soon to be Ex-)Pundit Thread | Patman Watch

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Would you lambast people you know personally on live TV?

You don't think Evra will give Pogba an earful over the phone?
I’m not asking Evra to lambast, just call the game objectively. It’s something Roy Keane would do, even if he knew / liked the person in question.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Neville has not said a word about Ole's performance despite it being absolutely shambolic. Is that right by you? Or is it only when people don't point out to Pogba as the devil incarnate, that gets your nickers in a twist?
I’m not asking Evra to specifically call Pogba out, just for him to be even handed. Evra was spouting shit before the game, getting annoyed that Donny’s agent has been talking. How come he doesn’t get hot under the collar about Raiola?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yeah, the one and only guy who seems to have had any sense of passion today (despite not being associated with the club in anh capacity currently) is the cnut.
The one who is a COVID conspiracy theorist, uses homophobic slurs, brings up false personal stories about Zaha, and goes on a rant about our new signing because he has the audacity to play in a similar position to his Bessie mate Pogba. Yes, he’s quite clearly the cnut.

LARulz

Evra: You should stay together, realise you are embarrassing the club and you are an embarrassment

:lol: :lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I’m not asking Evra to lambast, just call the game objectively. It’s something Roy Keane would do, even if he knew / liked the person in question.
Roy Keane doesn't give a feck but most of his mates from a different time.

Things are different now and one thing you don't do is criticise harshly people are friends. I'm talking going beyond constructive criticism. Let's not forget Patrice has watched Pogba help his country win a World Cup.

soble

How is Evra embarrasing the club? The club is embarrasing themselves.

Andy_Cole

The one who is a COVID conspiracy theorist, uses homophobic slurs, brings up false personal stories about Zaha, and goes on a rant about our new signing because he has the audacity to play in a similar position to his Bessie mate Pogba. Yes, he’s quite clearly the cnut.
You know what’s worse than a COVID conspiracy theorist? One who thinks that anyone who has a different view as their own is a cnut. You.

limerickcitykid

I’m not asking Evra to specifically call Pogba out, just for him to be even handed. Evra was spouting shit before the game, getting annoyed that Donny’s agent has been talking. How come he doesn’t get hot under the collar about Raiola?
All the more ridiculous considering it wasn’t van de Beek’s agent who said it. This just the week after his Zaha shit and his COVID conspiracies. He’s gone full blown fake news.

NK86

He can be a cnut for a lot of other things. Not for not calling out Pogba on TV. How many ex-players come out against Ole and his performance as a manager? Are they all cnuts?

limerickcitykid

You know what’s worse than a COVID conspiracy theorist? One who thinks that anyone who has a different view as their own is a cnut. You.
Scientific facts aren’t my opinion or my view. They are scientific facts. Anyone spouting conspiracies putting peoples health at risk is certifiably a cnut.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
All the more ridiculous considering it wasn’t van de Beek’s agent who said it. This just the week after his Zaha shit and his COVID conspiracies. He’s gone full blown fake news.
Thank you. Amazing how much people on here have their head up Evra’s arse. He’s a fecking prat.

Pav1878

Thank you. Amazing how much people on here have their head up Evra’s arse. He’s a fecking prat.
People love him cos he is United through and through. He backs it for us when everyone else on sky sports are Liverpool cnuts and are out to slate United every chance they get.
They love him cos he says what the fans are feeling and calls out the board live on TV.
Yes he says some silly things sometimes but I for one would take him over the other pundits.

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
I’m far from a Evra fan but I’m not gonna lie, I felt bad for him then... that hurt him.

Stretender

Drama Queen. Has he criticised Pogba yet? He is no leader Evra I like him but he is a tool. Too emotional for nothing. Did he quit football when City beat us 6-1?

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Drama Queen. Has he criticised Pogba yet? He is no leader Evra I like him but he is a tool. Too emotional for nothing. Did he quit football when City beat us 6-1?
Everyone needs to stop bringing that City game up. It was a freak day, we had a squad full of winners and the greatest manager who we knew would turn that pain into motivation. We have none of that now, this could get very ugly.

arthurka

Neville has not said a word about Ole's performance despite it being absolutely shambolic. Is that right by you? Or is it only when people don't point out to Pogba as the devil incarnate, that gets your nickers in a twist?
To be fair Gaz has never been a fan of sacking managers.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Evra spent the whole pre game show mocking VDB's quality and said nothing about Pogba's shit performance once again.

Love you Pat, but you're a shit pundit.

Untd55

Evra spent the whole pre game show mocking VDB's quality and said nothing about Pogba's shit performance once again.

Love you Pat, but you're a shit pundit.
No, he didn't. He actually questioned what was the point of signing him if there is no place in the first team? We had more pressing issues to deal with and chose to bring in, what looks like, a player for depth.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Couldn't give less of a shit about his silly conspiracy nonsense.

He was great today. Thoroughly pissed off after our game, threatening to quit Sky, then struggling to hide the smiling after the Liverpool game.
All I want from pundits is entertainment.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Is he alright? Maybe having a bit of a mid-life crisis?

BlahRules

Finally a pundit shows the same emotion as us fans. I'm done with other pundits who will blatantly avoid criticising the team or board for whatever reasons.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Finally a pundit shows the same emotion as us fans. I'm done with other pundits who will blatantly avoid criticising the team or board for whatever reasons.
Except he is bang out of order criticising Maguire's leadership. Who the hell is he to dictate to Ole who should and shouldn't be captain. Maguire showed last year that he had all the qualities to be a leader. Something Patrice never had considering multiple blow ups throughout his career so he's not really qualifed to comment on who Ole should choose as his leader.

Evra grew up under a coach who kept such discussions in house. I dont expect him to toe the company line, but he know's better than that even if he is entitled to his opinion. He should make those comments to Ole directly, not on television...

Also to note he was a part of the 6-1 smashing at the hands of City... he should be less inclined to wear his heart on his sleeve.

macheda14

Except he is bang out of order criticising Maguire's leadership. Who the hell is he to dictate to Ole who should and shouldn't be captain. Maguire showed last year that he had all the qualities to be a leader. Something Patrice never had considering multiple blow ups throughout his career so he's not really qualifed to comment on who Ole should choose as his leader.

Evra grew up under a coach who kept such discussions in house. I dont expect him to toe the company line, but he know's better than that even if he is entitled to his opinion. He should make those comments to Ole directly, not on television...

Also to note he was a part of the 6-1 smashing at the hands of City... he should be less inclined to wear his heart on his sleeve.
Firstly Maguire might have shown some leadership last season, but it has wilted this season - so yes he can criticise it. Secondly, Evra was a leader in our squad, one of many. Thirdly, he’s a television pundit and a fan so he should be saying these things, otherwise it would be boring punditry. Finally, he constantly referenced that he was part of the 6-1 and said that this wasn’t about the result but it being evidence of a wider issue. You might remember the 6-1 happened in a season where we were still a good side, full of good players with a great manager.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
(1) Firstly Maguire might have shown some leadership last season, but it has wilted this season - so yes he can criticise it.
(2) Secondly, Evra was a leader in our squad, one of many.
(3)Thirdly, he’s a television pundit and a fan so he should be saying these things, otherwise it would be boring punditry.
(4) Finally, he constantly referenced that he was part of the 6-1 and said that this wasn’t about the result but it being evidence of a wider issue. You might remember the 6-1 happened in a season where we were still a good side, full of good players with a great manager.
1. He's out of form and came back from a shit time in Greece. His head isn't where it should be but he's clearly captain material whether Evra agrees with it or not;
2. Evra has proved throughout his entire career that he's hardly Captain material. Too many emotional bust ups. He was a warrior but he was far from a leader;
3. He can say what he likes, but if he gives a shit about the club, there are far better ways to go about offering critcism;
4. Absolute shit. We've literally lost 2 league games since January. Starting the season poorly doesnt demonstrate evidence of a wider issue. Funnily enough, the same issues that were building up prior to evra's 6-1 is exactly what happened to this 6-1. IE trying to play high line pressing football without the players to do it and our defence being expose due to a lack of pace.

macheda14

1. He's out of form and came back from a shit time in Greece. His head isn't where it should be but he's clearly captain material whether Evra agrees with it or not;
2. Evra has proved throughout his entire career that he's hardly Captain material. Too many emotional bust ups. He was a warrior but he was far from a leader;
3. He can say what he likes, but if he gives a shit about the club, there are far better ways to go about offering critcism;
4. Absolute shit. We've literally lost 2 league games since January. Starting the season poorly doesnt demonstrate evidence of a wider issue. Funnily enough, the same issues that were building up prior to evra's 6-1 is exactly what happened to this 6-1. IE trying to play high line pressing football without the players to do it and our defence being expose due to a lack of pace.
1, When a good Captain is out of form they still don’t hide. He doesn’t look to be even attempting to organise or lead.
2, He captained Man United more than a fair few times. So I mean he did prove that he was captain material. Cantona had a few bust ups and kicked a fan and he was a captain.
3, fair enough but I still don’t think you should be getting all worked up about it.
4, our performances have been pretty shocking since the Southampton game, teams have pretty much worked out how to stop us from playing. Press us and attack the spaces our full backs leave behind.

We had won the league the season previous to the 6-1 and were runners up in the CL final. We then went on to lose the league by goal difference.

The_Midfielder

Evra never critisizes Pogba.. I mean Pogba is one of the reasons we have been playing shit.. but never heard him say a word..