Evra | (Soon to be Ex-)Pundit Thread | Patman Watch

Classical Mechanic

I thought that happened ages ago. I have a vague memory of him being busted leaving a hotel with some woman (not his wife) in the early hours of the morning.

Footballers are mosty shitty people, not really news.
I think he's been a serial 'love rat'. His dad has 25 kids and as Pat said "They are not from the same mother, I assure you! "My father, he didn't watch the television..." I think he's inherited the ants in his pants.

Chabon

Who the hell is he to dictate to Ole who should and shouldn't be captain. Maguire showed last year that he had all the qualities to be a leader. Something Patrice never had considering multiple blow ups throughout his career so he's not really qualifed to comment on who Ole should choose as his leader.
Someone who captained Manchester United 84 times?

Posh Red

Except he is bang out of order criticising Maguire's leadership. Who the hell is he to dictate to Ole who should and shouldn't be captain. Maguire showed last year that he had all the qualities to be a leader. Something Patrice never had considering multiple blow ups throughout his career so he's not really qualifed to comment on who Ole should choose as his leader.

Evra grew up under a coach who kept such discussions in house. I dont expect him to toe the company line, but he know's better than that even if he is entitled to his opinion. He should make those comments to Ole directly, not on television...

Also to note he was a part of the 6-1 smashing at the hands of City... he should be less inclined to wear his heart on his sleeve.
How long have you been following united for? :lol:

Chabon

Is that right? Seems very high!
I just went here and counted. I didn't double check, so might be out by a couple.

It doesn't surprise me though, people forget just how many games Vidic missed in his last few seasons.

R77

He's a strange lad. One shoe cracked me up though for some reason.

arnie_ni

Didnt like that from him.

Didnt even mention pogba at half time because he wasn't playing well, then after the match says "people comparing Paul and vdb makes me laugh".

Very hypocritical

tomaldinho1

That term DNA needs to be buried now, and we move on and get with the times
Also the only thing that United all SAF’s teams was the will to win at all costs, pretty sure every other football team (bar Spurs) has that exact same ‘DNA’

Teja

In a sense the German gegenpressing style is the closest you can get to stereotypical old school english football. Lump it high and work hard.

arthurka

That DNA bullshit needs to die. If it's the United DNA that has been served under Ole we truly need genetic modification.

passtheball

He is disappointed that he could not cash in on United's romanticism with ex-players.

Too bad, Pat, you missed the boat.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
His heart is in the right place, he’s just not particularly bright.

In Rainbows

The only thing that is United DNA is that it be attacking football (not that we have followed it). There is no specific style needed. I bet if you ask Evra what it means to play like United he would describe it as what Ralf would have United play. Either that or he wouldn't be able to define it.

Maybe then he would realize it was a stupid comment.

RedCurry

To be honest I completely understand what ex-players mean when they say United DNA. I can very distinctly define what United DNA means to me and I imagine being part of those historical teams they can too.

I just don’t think it’s productive for these guys with millions of followers to be setting an agenda making new manager’s work even harder. Evra is just a fan who happened to have played at the highest level and speaks his heart. But my dude, we are Machester “United”. The most basic thing about our DNA should be to stick together. It’s literally in our club name.

dove

Here we go, already putting pressure on someone who hasn't even started while their mate Ole got a free pass for 3 years. Not surprised at all.