Evra | (Soon to be Ex-)Pundit Thread | Patman Watch

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Think he's confusing "style of play" with "attitude & application" when referring to DNA.

Fergie never had one style of play he applied throughout his career. What he consistantly did was he installed a sense of belief that the players always could win so long as they applied themselves, no matter how shit they were playing or if the tactics weren't quite right.

If Rangnick is going to come in, he needs to install that ideology again, as well as an overall different approach to tactics. Bringing back that big club mentality and fear is one of the biggest challenges, but is in essence the "United DNA".

To make sure at least part of my post is relevant to the thread, love Evra as a character and what he did for the club, but a complete loony and has no idea what he's talking about the majority of the time as a pundit.

Hammondo

To be fair though, if we played like City did and countered like Liverpool do, that would be exactly United "DNA"

As Ralph said, we need to be attacking even when we don't have the ball and be in the other half of the pitch as possible.

So Evra is right, from a certain point of view.
We never played like city.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Didnt he mention philosophy too?
He might have.

Anyway, you're obviously right.

The idea that "United DNA" is some kind of tainted concept that will lead us to nothing but misery is a fan idea that some people have turned into an obsession. It isn't a - there it is again - "philosophy" which the likes of Ole embraced to the detriment of the club. It's just a phrase which either means feck all - or, alternatively, it means that we're a huge, historic club that should be doing much better than we are at the moment. That's presumably what Ralf means when he uses the term. I think that's what Ole had in mind too - he wasn't so naive that he actually thought he could stick around forever just because...DNA.

choccy77

We never played like city.
I meant, if we played similar to a mix of City and Liverpool, compared to how we played the last few weeks, it would be a little more pro attacking and controlled, which was often how we played under Fergie.

Tarrou

He’s not the brightest

A bit like Neville in that he’s a true red but should never be allowed near the coaching team

Hammondo

I meant, if we played similar to a mix of City and Liverpool, compared to how we played the last few weeks, it would be a little more pro attacking and controlled, which was often how we played under Fergie.
Honestly because SAF was manager for so damn long, I cannot really say how he played. I remember times of possession football, I remember times of defending + counter attacking, I remember lots of pressing, I remember feck all pressing... etc etc. I dunno.

passtheball

Who needs enemies when you have friends like Evra.

Together with Neville's cryptic "Oh" tweet yesterday, the ex-player vultures are already circling around Ralf.

redcafe_reader

Who needs enemies when you have friends like Evra.

Together with Neville's cryptic "Oh" tweet yesterday, the ex-player vultures are already circling around Ralf.
These "legends" really do love United, don't they :rolleyes: ?

Just wait until Rangnick lost some games, or if he bench Rashford... it will be fun.

goodman organelles

He was a great player but his covidiot stuff made me lose respect for him and it seems that isn’t the only stupid take he has on topics.

ShinjiNinja26

I love Pat but he’s chatting bollocks here, his loyalty to his old pal is clearly clouding his judgement like many ex Utd pundits. Anyone can see we look better when he’s not on the pitch and comments like this just put needless pressure on ETH when he’s in fact handling the situation brilliantly.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Can the ex players be stopped from making comments about utd? They can't think objectively when it comes to their mates and it brings unnecessary negativity around the club.

RuudTom83

Evra and Henry were trying their best to focus on the game tbf. It was the broadcast that kept bring in back to Ronaldo. They both said many times let's stop talking and asking EtH about Ronaldo.

Funny how even when taking that stance, the media can clip together a negative quote.

Steven7290

Apart from Rooney you can clearly see all our ex players have a huge bias towards their ex teammate/golden boy that clouds their judgement and affinity towards the club. Evra is no exception.