Evra | (Soon to be Ex-)Pundit Thread | Patman Watch

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Is there any United old boy who is actually agreeing with Ten Hag?

Or are they all still starry-eyed around 38 year old Ronaldo who can't run anymore, who can't link up play, who can't press and most importantly, can't score even with 10 other players playing pity passes to him?

Edit: I'm proud of that alliteration at the end there.

Remember the geese

I wish these twats stopped sucking up to their mates and ex-colleagues. Latching onto and believing the bullshit ten Hag spouted about not bringing Ronaldo on 'out of respect', is hilarious. It's clear as day that he doesn't want that pain in the arse anywhere near the club.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Or are they all still starry-eyed around 38 year old Ronaldo who can't run anymore, who can't link up play, who can't press and most importantly, can't score even with 10 other players playing pity passes to him?

As mentioned on the previous page, Rooney has actually been pretty objective about Ronaldo. Probably the only ex-player who has.

sugar_kane

I wouldn't be surprised if Scholes backs him on it, he's a bit of a moron as a pundit but he seems pretty no-nonsense and not worried about kissing his ex-colleagues arses.

I'm surprise mostly at Keano for saying what he said the other day. Rio & Evra is just BAU, absolute die-hard Ronaldo fan boys and partly to blame for him ever returning.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

This is brilliant :lol:

"Where's my money?"
God I see what you have blessed others with, and I want it for myself.

The chemistry between these on CBS is great to watch and then we get these dull, extremely annoying, walking cliches on BT. Carrgher must be bored out of his mind working at Sky just itching to get back to his Champions League crew :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
:lol:

Carra's stupid logic is also funny though... he said they have 75% chance and they were going to win against Madrid. And then he changed it after they won to 90%.... idiot.
I kinda get it though. City got rid of a huge obstacle in the CL last night so wouldn’t their treble chances be even greater, with just a one off game against Inter left?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Carra's stupid logic is also funny though... he said they have 75% chance and they were going to win against Madrid. And then he changed it after they won to 90%.... idiot.
Well now they've actually beat Madrid then yeah their odds go up

tenpoless

I kinda get it though. City got rid of a huge obstacle in the CL last night so wouldn’t their treble chances be even greater, with just a one off game against Inter left?
Well now they've actually beat Madrid then yeah their odds go up
But he said City were going to beat Madrid so that 75% chance included them reaching the final. Its already factored in. But then again he spits on people so theres that.

Abraxas

Isn't that...about right? I probably would have had it about the same kind of numbers. He thought they were going to win against Madrid, nobody is an oracle that can give 100% certainty of their opinion right? So I guess that's why he gives 75% and then 90%.

Plus imagine if bookies didn't adjust their probabilities throughout the tournament...it'd be great :D

bosnian_red

But he said City were going to beat Madrid so that 75% chance included them reaching the final. Its already factored in. But then again he spits on people so theres that.
Purely talking about stats, that's not how it works. Before the game of he thought there was an 80% chance of City beating madrid and 90% chance of beating Inter if they reach the final, it's still fair that he says City will beat Madrid. 80% x 90% = 72% to win the whole thing. Now that beating Madrid is 100% confirmed, then it's just the odds vs Inter.

bosnian_red

Why would their odds go up?
Because now beating Madrid is 100% confirmed, before the game it wasn't 100%.

Also, they had a pretty iconic performance there last night. So it's also fair to think higher of them after the game vs before the game. Didn't watch the interview, but the odds of a team obviously changes depends on what round they reach, and then every performance has an impact on your opinion of their odds for the next game.

tenpoless

Purely talking about stats, that's not how it works. Before the game of he thought there was an 80% chance of City beating madrid and 90% chance of beating Inter if they reach the final, it's still fair that he says City will beat Madrid. 80% x 90% = 72% to win the whole thing. Now that beating Madrid is 100% confirmed, then it's just the odds vs Inter.
I would agree if he was actually being literate and said it that way. But what he said was ambiguous, of course using common logic that's how probability works. But he implied City had 75% chance of doing the treble regardless of anything else, so if people assume he already counted in City getting past Madrid for that 75% (which he predicted they would) they can't be blamed since there's no proper context. He should have said City had 75% chance to beat Real Madrid and then go on to win the treble. But that 75%... is a number he plucked out of his arse anyway. There's no basis for it whatsoever.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
"Game that is 0-2 at half time might end 3-2"

Seismic prediction from Pat there.
Nah that's unfair - he actually said it based on our first half performance which he said was actually pretty good (and I agree with him)

Don't think many pundits would a) have given us any credit for the first half and b) then said we can win 3-2.

Red00012

Nah that's unfair - he actually said it based on our first half performance which he said was actually pretty good (and I agree with him)

Don't think many pundits would a) have given us any credit for the first half and b) then said we can win 3-2.
Souness maybe