Ex-academy lad speaks on life under Mourinho,dressing room love for Pogba and McKenna’s influence

dogwithabone

Insightful but nothing groundbreaking other than perhaps the ‘love’ there is for Pogba and his positivity. I don’t think there’s too much surprise about Mourinho, the way he sulked around and his general lack of embracing Manchester life told you enough about where his heart was or more tellingly wasn’t.

Interesting about Fred and perhaps there’s a lot more to come from him this season.

redcafe_reader

I could also manage United and make a list.
It would look something like this:
Messi
Neymar (without his c..ish parts)
Koulibaly.
De Ligt
Hazard
Busquets
and so on to make a world eleven.
And if Woodward and the Glazers does not get them for me its not on me?
They are just c...t owners and executives and thats the proof of the fact?
Or how does this logic of yours work?
The logic is, you CAN do this. You are the manager.

If you want Messi Ronaldo Neymar etc in order to be success, and the board can't get them, it's on them.

Just like it's also on them that they hired a manager that need Messi Ronaldo Neymar Schwarzenegger De Ligt Hazard Busquets to be success.

About Mourinho, he's the most transparent manager out there. What we see is what we get. He never change and expecting him to change is foolish.

He should have been more aggressive and got rid of Gill, Sir Alex and Sir Bobby long before today, and introduced at more progressive hierarchy at the club. With a new Board of Advisors.
DoF and all that.
SAF was our manager at 2013, 6 years ago. By "got rid of Sir Alex long before today" do you mean Ed should sack SAF as a manager?

How can he got rid of Gill since Gill quit himself, allow Ed to run the football thing at the club?

I have no idea what kind of "hindrance" come from Sir Bobby.

Jose took us backwards and wasted an insane amount of rubbish on players. Woodwood backed the manager and ended up humiliated because he put his trust in José. He’s been the worst thing to happen to this club in the last decade. Ole has to pick up the pieces now.

Before José the muppets here used to post memes of Woodwood signing players and getting transfers done no matter what. Jose completely shattered his reputation, but all Woodwood did was back him.
Wrong. Our worst/biggest problem is our entitled spoiled fan :)

Johan07

The logic is, you CAN do this. You are the manager.

If you want Messi Ronaldo Neymar etc in order to be success, and the board can't get them, it's on them.

Just like it's also on them that they hired a manager that need Messi Ronaldo Neymar Schwarzenegger De Ligt Hazard Busquets to be success.

About Mourinho, he's the most transparent manager out there. What we see is what we get. He never change and expecting him to change is foolish.

SAF was our manager at 2013, 6 years ago. By "got rid of Sir Alex long before today" do you mean Ed should sack SAF as a manager?

How can he got rid of Gill since Gill quit himself, allow Ed to run the football thing at the club?

I have no idea what kind of "hindrance" come from Sir Bobby.

Wrong. Our worst/biggest problem is our entitled spoiled fan :)
Sir Alex, Gill and Sir Bobby transitioned into our Board of Advisors when Sir Alex and Gill quit the club on a day-to-day basis. They have been the Glazers "go-to guys" on footballing issues since then.
They have obviously also been involved or even responsible for the managerial appointments after that.
You just need to read any of Sir Alex´s books to understand what his opinion is on a DoF-football role for example. He does not love it.
Thats why a change of the BOA is probably the most important and realistic thing in my mind if the club is going to progress.

redcafe_reader

Sir Alex, Gill and Sir Bobby transitioned into our Board of Advisors when Sir Alex and Gill quit the club on a day-today basis. They have been the Glazers "go-to guys" on footballing issues since then
They have obviously also been involved or even responsible for the managerial appointments after that.
You just need to read any of Sir Alex´s books to understand what his opinion is on a DoF-football role for example. He does not love it.
Thats why a change of the BOA is probably the most important and realistic thing in my mind if the club is going to progress.
Sir Bobby didn't like Mourinho, yet we still appoint him, and backed him the best out of all our manager.

There is no evidence that any of them has any say in the appointment of LVG.

SAF choose Moyes, yet we also sacked him in his first season.

Ed is the one running the show, the blame lies at him, the advisor is the one who "advise" him, and it's up to him to listen/make decision. Does the signing of Di Maria, Falcao, Lukaku sound like SAF signing? If he want to appoint a DOF, who gonna stop him?

Grande

Sir Alex, Gill and Sir Bobby transitioned into our Board of Advisors when Sir Alex and Gill quit the club on a day-to-day basis. They have been the Glazers "go-to guys" on footballing issues since then.
What points towards the Board of advisors having anything to say about anything, or that Woodward consults them much? All I’ve ever heard is that the BoA is just an honorary board who meets up three or four times a year, hand has no say in anything.

It’s hard to envision this board being for the appointment of Mourinho.

Amir

then why are we always paying the “united” price? Why we are paying squad players 100s of 1000s of thousands per week? We buy for big money, yet sell of pennies. We let players contracts run down constant forcing extensions to be activated. The list goes on and on. We suck at negotiating at every level.

it’s not a myth. It’s a fact.
Let's put aside the money and focus on the main thing: Football. Mourinho wanted those players, Mourinho got those players, Mourinho failed to get the best out of those players. THAT part is on him.

Slik

This just seems a collation of various news pieces made to be something exclusive.

• Mourinho is arrogant, hard to get along with if you're not in his good books or inner circle. I'm sure I read these exact criticisms in the media when he left Real Madrid, when he got sacked by Chelsea, when he got sacked in December.
  • McKenna is some sort of modern football whizkid. Well given his age and career progression he must have something about him.
  • Fred is the kind of player every top team needs to look at. Because someone happened to watch Shakthar beat City. And then we bought him only for him to be a bit crap, but hey we can big him up this way as a work in progress.
  • Pogba has always been seen as a good, fun loving guy.
  • Greenwood is the golden egg of the academy. He went back to college after debuting. Woah! So did Rashford and he scored twice.
thank you. I was wondering why anyone doubted any part of the whole thing. Because if you listen to people talk about pogba, Ole, evra, mata, They always say this same thing about pogba. not surpirsing there
We have heard all these stories about mourinho before. not surprising there.
Greenwood we all see his talent. No surprise.

Whats there to doubt in the article?

Reddy Rederson

Let's put aside the money and focus on the main thing: Football. Mourinho wanted those players, Mourinho got those players, Mourinho failed to get the best out of those players. THAT part is on him.
I feel like, people only read parts of my posts. Never the whole thing or the post that came before. Do you ever get that feeling?

Amarsdd

thank you. I was wondering why anyone doubted any part of the whole thing. Because if you listen to people talk about pogba, Ole, evra, mata, They always say this same thing about pogba. not surpirsing there
We have heard all these stories about mourinho before. not surprising there.
Greenwood we all see his talent. No surprise.

Whats there to doubt in the article?
because in no way anything good can possibly happen in the club. If it looks like its happening, it's all fake and a conspiracy designed by Woodward who, at the same time, is considered the dumbest person in the world.