Executive seats to be removed from the Stretford End

RonaldoVII

"Manchester United is to replace the executive seating area in the Stretford End with general admission season-tickets at the conclusion of the 2023/24 season, following constructive consultation with the club’s Fans’ Advisory Board."

" Structural work will take place over the coming year to return the Stretford End to general admission seating and create a new concourse. During this period, we will be consulting fans to understand how best to repurpose the space currently used by the International Suite."

Another step in the right direction. Hopefully more to come.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
another nail in the coffin for the true fan who will be reduced to spending match days queuing at marks and spencer for one of their “our best ever” prawn sandwich meal deals.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Went to a few matches in these seats over the years, a friend had access to tickets through his work. Always felt strange to have corporate “tourists” sat among the ultras, many of whom had no interest in football, never mind United. There was always a few who didn’t come back after half time, preferring to drink the bar dry instead. A good move by the club.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems a bad idea to me. These executives will be spending more than the average fan. With tighter FFP coming up, surely we need more cash coming in?

They'll probably end up going off to City instead little nibble?

Speako

Fair play, excellent news. This move was the nail in the football club coffin for me at the time, to literally sell the soul of the stretty to Corporate.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The latest in a long-line of positive changes for the matchday experience. Kudos. The atmosphere is already so much better than it was six or seven years ago thanks to these small things adding up.

Rockets Redglare

Seems a bad idea to me. These executives will be spending more than the average fan. With tighter FFP coming up, surely we need more cash coming in?

Haha I nearly bit.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Went to a few matches in these seats over the years, a friend had access to tickets through his work. Always felt strange to have corporate “tourists” sat among the ultras, many of whom had no interest in football, never mind United. There was always a few who didn’t come back after half time, preferring to drink the bar dry instead. A good move by the club.
I’ve been to one match in an exec box in my life and I spent most of it wishing I was with the hoi polloi shouting.
Executive boxes and football really don’t mix.

Grande

I think we should go even further. Banning beer sale in and around the stadium might annoy so called ‘true’ or ‘local fans’, but we know that some of the richest dictatorships in the world view alcohol negatively. Should we cater to a few mancunians for a few hundred pounds here and there, when, by sacricing them, we can get billions from other sources.

I also think we should acknowledge the Woodward way and celebrate economical success over sports success. Disneyland didn’t become the worlds biggest theme park by sticking to sentimental traditions. (Supposwd to be funny, but isn’t.)

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
Just what we need and have been pushing for a few years, us in the TRA have made a massive difference to the atmosphere at OT.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
This doesn't seem like the plan of a club building a new shiny stadium due to being sold to the ME.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Good news - mad it was ever introduced but glad it's resolved.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
This is good news as it was an awful idea in the first place but I'm guessing any new owner might have other ideas

Withnail

I think we should go even further. Banning beer sale in and around the stadium might annoy so called ‘true’ or ‘local fans’, but we know that some of the richest dictatorships in the world view alcohol negatively. Should we cater to a few mancunians for a few hundred pounds here and there, when, by sacricing them, we can get billions from other sources.

I also think we should acknowledge the Woodward way and celebrate economical success over sports success. Disneyland didn’t become the worlds biggest theme park by sticking to sentimental traditions. (Supposwd to be funny, but isn’t.)

I don't know. I'm all for encouraging investment but human sacrifice seems a little too much.

Robin

I got given some free seats in there, face value would have been £150. My own seat in the East stand was directly opposite and £37. For the extra £113 I got a padded ( but cramped ) seat, a free programme and access to a lounge with complimentary tea and coffee. All food was overpriced and had to be paid for. The good thing about all these overpriced executive seats is it keeps my season ticket at a reasonable price.
However this is United and they are not going to lose 850 executive seats. They are creeping in all over the ground so you will see more and more executive areas in the south and north stands. I am guessing that all in the next couple of seasons ordinary seats will be upgraded in the north stand. United have charged outrageous prices in the East stand tier 2 for the Barca game , over £300 to include a meal off site. There must be a demand as they are mostly sold out and if we do become more successful United will sell more of these hotel/ticket deals.