Experience with Viagogo ticket purchasing?

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I'm looking to buy tickets to:

Second round - Winner C v Third-place A/B/F

My only option is viagogo (as stubhub is insanely expensive) but would it be smarter idea to buy the tickets NOW (when we don't know where exactly we are seated)?

The only issue in waiting to see where the actual seats are in each category is that the prices will go up (ex. seller knows category 1 ticket is in row 1, so he will now jack up the prices) Thoughts?

arthurka

I've used them couple of times with great results. Nothing to complain about. Seating was ok..

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I'm looking to purchase tickets for WC vs 3A/B/F - Round of 16 - UEFA Euro 2016
and all the tickets are sold by Categories. UEFA has announced where the row and seat numbers of all the tickets, so is there a way of finding out what these are instead of just purchasing via category?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm looking to purchase tickets for WC vs 3A/B/F - Round of 16 - UEFA Euro 2016
and all the tickets are sold by Categories. UEFA has announced where the row and seat numbers of all the tickets, so is there a way of finding out what these are instead of just purchasing via category?
You can now which rows are in which category but you won't specifically get to choose your seat as far as I know.

I have category 3 tickets in 3 different stadiums and the places are all pretty similar. I don't think there's much difference between seats within category 3 or 4. What stadium are you applying for?

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
You can now which rows are in which category but you won't specifically get to choose your seat as far as I know.

I have category 3 tickets in 3 different stadiums and the places are all pretty similar. I don't think there's much difference between seats within category 3 or 4. What stadium are you applying for?
Are you referring to when buying on viagogo? Because when I go to purchase in viagogo, it just shows the category and nothing more specific.

I'm looking to be in the stadium in Lille and Nice.

Thanks for your input, in advance

Snow

Are you referring to when buying on viagogo? Because when I go to purchase in viagogo, it just shows the category and nothing more specific.

I'm looking to be in the stadium in Lille and Nice.

Thanks for your input, in advance
Some shitty English on my part there. Sorry about that. What I mean is that the information is available regarding the seating arrangements, that is you can view each stadium and see which seats belong in Category 1, which belong in Category 2 and so on but you can't choose a specific seat within a category.

If you pick say Category 3 then it really won't matter which seat you're allocated because they're all similar within each category as far as I'm aware.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Some shitty English on my part there. Sorry about that. What I mean is that the information is available regarding the seating arrangements, that is you can view each stadium and see which seats belong in Category 1, which belong in Category 2 and so on but you can't choose a specific seat within a category.

If you pick say Category 3 then it really won't matter which seat you're allocated because they're all similar within each category as far as I'm aware.
Yes I'm aware of what view you get within each categories.

My question is, when you're purchasing on viagogo, how come you can't ALSO see the row you're seated at, and only the category?

Snow

Yes I'm aware of what view you get within each categories.

My question is, when you're purchasing on viagogo, how come you can't ALSO see the row you're seated at, and only the category?
I don't know. That whole deal is illegal because it's second-hand ticket sales which UEFA doesn't allow. I don't know how they do it but according to the regulations the holder of the tickets, however many they are, must be with the group that attends so people can be blocked at the gates if the security is checking for that stuff.

When applying officially for the tickets you can't see the seats either, only the category.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
Giving this a little bump as I’m looking to buy tickets for the Ajax vs AZ Alkmaar on the 1st March. Never bought through Viagogo before and the Ajax website is terrible. £122 a ticket though, seems a bit steep. What is everyone’s experience with the site and is there any other suggested options for tickets?

Josep Dowling

Giving this a little bump as I’m looking to buy tickets for the Ajax vs AZ Alkmaar on the 1st March. Never bought through Viagogo before and the Ajax website is terrible. £122 a ticket though, seems a bit steep. What is everyone’s experience with the site and is there any other suggested options for tickets?
I would be surprised if you need to use Viagogo to get tickets for that game. You should be able to get them on general sale via the Ajax website and they certainly won’t cost over £100!

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
Ordered two tickets to barca v madrid a couple years ago, only time I was even slightly worried was when my brother text me to say they had arrived in the post and were two cards with photos of a old spanish couple, all it was was season tickets holders selling their tickets to this game as the money they get for it basically pays for the whole season ticket. A quick google and it was clear there wouldn't be an issue getting in

All in all was very happy with the service and we had a champs league game thrown in as well, great experience

Red00012

Utd were using Viagogo as a means of transferring tickets years ago. It worked well I thought. I haven’t used them since then but haven’t had a reason to either.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
From what I've heard from serious football fans who often try to get tickets to popular matches Viagogo and similar companies are total rip offs never to be used. In Germany the clubs actively cancel tickets they discover on these platforms, they use their own second hand markets instead.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
They are ticket touts. Pure and simple.

AaronRedDevil

Looks like I won't be using via. Looking to go to Barcelona and watch a match. I'll be going in august. Just hope Messi is playing.