Express your love for a footballer

David_azul16

Michael Carrick (2006-2009). Never seen a midfielder that could pass the ball to a forward player as quick as you. Absolutely loved it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Leon Britton. Was with Swansea in league 2, all the way up to the premiership where he stood out as one of our best players. A very underrated player imo.

Non-Swansea I'll declare my love for Wes Hoolahan, cracking little player.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Leon Britton. Was with Swansea in league 2, all the way up to the premiership where he stood out as one of our best players. A very underrated player imo.
Also played a young Ryan Giggs when he was 11 :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Riquelme, a poet of the game.

Scholesy's Sat Nav

Ole - Just loved the club. Spent nearly all his career on the bench and never once did he complain. He just got on with it, scored goals (including that goal!) and went about his business. He also considered that part of starting on the bench was analyzing the game so that when he came on he knew where he could make an impact. Thought he would have been more successful as a coach than he has been though.

Reactions: SteveJ

Fahad Jawaid

Paul Scholes, an artist on the pitch, with a degree of calmness and control on the pitch that was un-matched.

I started watching football from 2003, During that time period, although we had amazing players like Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs and Tevez etc. I felt Scholes was one off and someone we could never replace. Although one could argue Ronaldo is another one, But for me if scholes was playing we always had that control over the match and that authority that i just knew we would score, with waves and waves of attack. Maybe it was me but Scholes was more important for me. Although Ronaldo is a better player and probably all time great.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I was just a kid when these guys played for Sporting, they were my first football idols. They had a big impact on me as a Sporting supporter. Loved their skill and commitment to my club

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
How can one not love this handsome chappy? Bleeds for the shirt and his effort is consistent. Amazing player.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
He loves this game and I love him. His name is Patrice Evra and I think he might be my favourite united player. Its hard to pick, so many stand out. Evra seems to really love the club and the fans and connect to them in a way few players manage. Beast of a player, was the best leftback in Europe in his prime.

ghagua

I know he is pariah to a lot of United fans, but Paul Ince is one of my favorite players ever for United. He was our midfield general and the season we won the first Premier league title , he was immense. That was one of the best season I have seen from a United player.

Crashoutcassius

I really like Ander Herrera. A winner, amazing energy, good in the tackle, smart player. Fall in form is baffling but was joint best midfielder in the prem last year. Hope he finds that form again.

Josep Dowling

Batigol (that screamer he scored at Old Trafford).

Currently Moussa Dembele at Spurs. Does he ever lose the ball? The guy is unbelievable and very underappreciated.

Richard Cranium

Mata is dreamy.

Darren Fletcher I have always admired for the way he was written off by most fans at 24 but stuck with it and was genuinely world class in the second half of 08/09 season up until he got wrongly sent off in the CL semi-final.

MrPooni

"I'm so proud the fans still sing my name, but I fear tomorrow they will stop. I fear it because I love it. And everything you love, you fear you will lose." - Eric Cantona

Canagel

He loves this game and I love him. His name is Patrice Evra and I think he might be my favourite united player. Its hard to pick, so many stand out. Evra seems to really love the club and the fans and connect to them in a way few players manage. Beast of a player, was the best leftback in Europe in his prime.
I second this. Evra is not only an outstanding player but he gets United. I sincerely hope he can come back to the club in another role because he is one of us.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Cantona, poetry with legs.
Just loved this man and his sweet sweet football.
Not a man. Cantona.
"I'm so proud the fans still sing my name, but I fear tomorrow they will stop. I fear it because I love it. And everything you love, you fear you will lose." - Eric Cantona
Yeah, nobody else comes close to getting this type of hero-worship from me. Watching him play for United is my greatest football experience, always will be, and I don't understand how any United fan who witnessed the years 92-97 could feel any different. That kind of aura is a once in a lifetime thing.

xonyo

Supports
Arsenal
Tomas Rosicky. Complete professional, loved the club, always gave 100%, fantastic player. Always felt he played football for nothing more than the love of the game.