Other Express your utter disgust at the latest torrent file

Mihai

Im not sure what the consequences are as its a little bit unclear, but think they can disconnect me (not good as other net options are crap) and dont know if they could pass details on for further action eg fines. Not really wanting to test it.
I have 4 letters from my provider. I asked about it when renewing and they said it has nothing to do with them as it's a third party that is monitoring it.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
"The House That Jack Built" out there as a WebDL 1080p rip. Fecking bastards, this was early even by pirate standards :(

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
"The House That Jack Built" out there as a WebDL 1080p rip. Fecking bastards, this was early even by pirate standards :(
What's a webdl exactly? Obviously web site download but where does it rank compared to avi/mkv etc as that's the column it appears under on torrent sites. Is it a format?

SwansonsTache

What's a webdl exactly? Obviously web site download but where does it rank compared to avi/mkv etc as that's the column it appears under on torrent sites. Is it a format?
No idea what it means, quality is usually quite good though.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
How do lawless people do this streaming thing? I'm curious to know the process for a book I'm considering about criminal activity.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
It's stuff from amazon, netflix and similar streaming services. It's still avi/mkv/mp4/whatever, that's the file type, that doesn't change.

Basically, something like this:

HDTV - capped (recorded) from TV channels and then released by bad people as .ts (usually not encoded, untouched) or .mkv files
Web-DL - as mentioned above
Web-Rip - re-encoded stuff from Web-DL
Blu-ray - untouched blu-ray that you should play normally, with menus and other goodies
Remux - untouched video and (sometimes) audio from blu-ray, but without bonus content, and it's usually muxed into .mkv container
720p, 1080p, 2160p - encodes to decrease file sizes, while trying to preserve quality; proper people do it transparently, and people like Juffy, Jiffy, whatever the name, does it poorly --- but the files sizes are smashing!

I guess it's something like that. Never seen any of those files. Never ever.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
It's stuff from amazon, netflix and similar streaming services. It's still avi/mkv/mp4/whatever, that's the file type, that doesn't change.

Basically, something like this:

HDTV - capped (recorded) from TV channels and then released by bad people as .ts (usually not encoded, untouched) or .mkv files
Web-DL - as mentioned above
Web-Rip - re-encoded stuff from Web-DL
Blu-ray - untouched blu-ray that you should play normally, with menus and other goodies
Remux - untouched video and (sometimes) audio from blu-ray, but without bonus content, and it's usually muxed into .mkv container
720p, 1080p, 2160p - encodes to decrease file sizes, while trying to preserve quality; proper people do it transparently, and people like Juffy, Jiffy, whatever the name, does it poorly --- but the files sizes are smashing!

I guess it's something like that. Never seen any of those files. Never ever.
Cheers for that.

Javi

Since it's christmas holidays I'm obviously reporting for duty. Have already sent notice to the authorities regarding «the Sisters Brothers» and «the Ballad of Buster Scruggs».

Most important to me personally though is that «Roma» is not suddenly available out there so if anybody picks something up about that movie let me know.

Last edited:

Sgt.Major

In their latest attempt to keep all the children inside and make them spend their free time in front of the computers instead of going outside and develop all kinds of spinal diseases, disgusting people of the internet have cracked FIFA and PES and put 'em online for everyone to download for free.

Reddy Rederson

When do those pesky screeners make an appearance? I'll be doing overtime to ensure each and every one of them are reported.
Awards season is upon us. Screeners have to started to leak like an old boys underpants. Green book and ralph breaks the internet so far. I hope those leaking are found and soundly thrashed for their assault on the arts.

kps88

We're in 2018, why aren't esteemed members of the academy given HD screeners?

LARulz

Anyone able to source all the Kevin Bridges stand up DVDs? Ideally somewhere to stream/download than using torrents

Steerpike

I seem to have 'acquired' digital copies of lots of music, lots of films, lots of TV series, whatever. Obviously I was concerned that my sense of guilt over their provenance would somehow spoil my enjoyment, but so far i'm happy to report no negative reactions.

The media distributors were more than happy to screw the consumers for years, and now the boot seems to be on the other foot. Shame? - I don't think so.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I have some torrentday invites if people want to infiltrate and report evil deeds from within.

freeurmind

weak willed
Thank goodness I seem unable to find any of the earlier seasons of Fresh Off The Boat anywhere. Searched and searched and couldn't find any.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Luckily a lot of the screeners haven't been great quality and laggy. Let me know if that's wrong so I can report the good ones.

A good webrip of First Man around though, reported of course.

SwansonsTache

feck yeah! Overlord out in 1080p with hardcoded subs for the non-english parts :drool:

Sadly it is illegal to download it, so I can't do it.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
With the new season of Game of Thrones slowly approaching, teaser trailers being released etc, i expect this is prime time for leeching, tight scoundrels to try and get free streams/links to the whole of season 7 to rewatch before its out. If anyone knows where you can find these links then please PM me so i can join the fight in bringing these wankers down.

DM07

Anyone knows if it is possible to download Microsoft Office on Mac for free through torrents? If so then please provide the source so I can complaint to Apple and Microsoft so they can fix the loophole.

Runner

Anyone able to PM me about a VPN that doesn't keep meta data or logs? Anyone have experience with NordVPN or IPVanish?

Steerpike

Anyone able to PM me about a VPN that doesn't keep meta data or logs? Anyone have experience with NordVPN or IPVanish?
I've been using Private Internet Access. They have lots of servers around the world, bandwidth is decent, costs are competitive, and they don't keep logs. It's easy to set up, and I've used it on both Windows and Linux.

Runner

I've been using Private Internet Access. They have lots of servers around the world, bandwidth is decent, costs are competitive, and they don't keep logs. It's easy to set up, and I've used it on both Windows and Linux.
cheers ill have a look

Zen

Odd it's not on TD. Will go further a field then! Cheers