Ezequiel Garay

Art

Art the artist
Was a good prospect couple years back m. Don't know about now. Fell off the radar quite drastically.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
As the OP, you are required to provide a credible link to this story as well as FM-stats and a YouTube-clip.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Blast from the past, so to speak. I haven't heard his name for a very long time.

Not sure why we'd need a centre back. My old man seems to think its an area that Fergie needs to buy someone - I'm bemused as to why since we have Jones, Smalling, Evans, Vidic and Ferdinand there already; not to forget that we also have decent youngsters in the reserves in Wooton, Keane and Thorpe.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Both the DailyMail and TheSun are linking us with him.

Also that's a shit thread, sort it out Moses!

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
He is highly rated at Benfica. They became a lot more solid (and made an excellent profit) when they lost David Luiz and put Garay in his place.

manusteve

If we do want him, we'd be paying more than Benfica did (EUR5.5m?).
He is an Argentina international, so has more experience than Smalling and Jones, let alone the likes of Wootton and Keane.
But, not sure central defence is most pressing area (cf. centre midfield and left-back?)

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Impressed whenever I've seen him at Santander and Benfica, less so at Madrid. In fairness he was only 21/22 when he joined them though so perhaps he's developed further during the last few years.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He is an Argentina international, so has more experience than Smalling and Jones, let alone the likes of Wootton and Keane.
But, not sure central defence is most pressing area (cf. centre midfield and left-back?)
Left back is fine with the in-form Evra, on-loan Fabio and brand new Büttner

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's 26 and still just barely on the fringes of a mediocre Argentina defence so I don't think international experience is one of his assets.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Some say that we sent scouts to watch him....

*Checks the Benfica squad to see if we might have been watching else at Benfica*

Brophs

The One and Only
Any time I've seen him play he's looked slow and cumbersome. We already have much better players at the club.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Hardly a surprise to see us linked to defenders given the rumours surrounding Rio and Vidic's age/recent injuries.

Hummells please.

Member 39557

If we sign him, I want his number to be 25:17

Pulp Fiction style.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's more of a Real Madrid player than a Benfica player. Real own 50% whilst Benfica owns 40%.
Why can't transfers be more simple?

Arruda

Supports
Porto
He's more of a Real Madrid player than a Benfica player. Real own 50% whilst Benfica owns 40%.
Why can't transfers be more simple?
Well, it's the only way for some clubs to get top-level players and be able to have more competitive squads. I see nothing wrong with it, and again, the third-party-ownership ban that FIFA wants to implement, will end up screwing second-tier clubs and widen the gap towards the biggest and more resourceful clubs in Europe.

The other 10%?
They belong to a private investment fund, if I'm not mistaken.

On another note, his wife shared this on twitter, so she seems to fancy the idea:

https://twitter.com/i/#!/Tamara_Gorro/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com/9xmiMQvW

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
well, it's the only way for some clubs to get top-level players and be able to have more competitive squads. I see nothing wrong with it, and again, the third-party-ownership ban that fifa wants to implement, will end up screwing second-tier clubs and widen the gap towards the biggest and more resourceful clubs in europe.

They belong to a private investment fund, if i'm not mistaken.

On another note, his wife shared this on twitter, so she seems to fancy the idea:

https://twitter.com/i/#!/tamara_gorro/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com/9xmimqvw

get her to manchester.. Now!

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Well, it's the only way for some clubs to get top-level players and be able to have more competitive squads. I see nothing wrong with it, and again, the third-party-ownership ban that FIFA wants to implement, will end up screwing second-tier clubs and widen the gap towards the biggest and more resourceful clubs in Europe.

They belong to a private investment fund, if I'm not mistaken.

https://twitter.com/i/#!/Tamara_Gorro/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com/9xmiMQvW
I see nothing wrong with it either really. Not the Real Madrid bit. I don't agree with the third party ownership at all.
They do own 90% of the player. I was being a bit liberal with the facts (a.k.a. presenting them wrongfully). Real don't have any power over him. It's just that if he's sold they get 50% of the money and Benfica 40%. That's fine. That's why he cost them so little up front.

binary bot
Him being there makes for an easy story although it doesn't really give an indication of who we're after as he seems to be at a lot of matches.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
Easy story obviously, not much substance to it. And though Garay is class, it seems to be the position you least need to reinforce in the near future.

Forevergiggs

Is he any good, Arruda?

Edit: I think CB is a position we would be looking to strengthen this summer. Rio is nearing the end of his career and I am not convinced Vidic can play regularly from now on. It will be on and off.