Ezequiel Garay

Chabon

I'm starting to think the club should take out a restraining order.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I think we were never in for him. Other than when Rio retires, we don't need a defender.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
According to A Bola, Benfica and Zenit have agreed a deal for Garay. The fee is 20 million euros and the game against Sporting Lisbon this weekend is probably going to be his last for Benfica.

Hal9000

What? Doesn't that violate the 15 or so "gentlemen's agreements" we've had to sign him?
According to Garay himself, us and Benfica all but agreed him to come last summer and i guess all was needed was to dot the I's and cross the T's but then Moyes put a stop to the deal as he likes to see players himself before he makes a decision.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Apparently his contract is due to expire next summer so Benfica doesn't have much choice here but to sell. Real Madrid's 50% of next sale was always going to mean that Benfica won't be getting much for him.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Thank god for that! He's really not that much better than what we have now in Evans, Smalling and Jones. I'd be looking at much higher calibre defenders to replace Rio and Vidic, not fecking Garay! Especially for €20m... Ridiculous!

LR7

Thought this was bumped due to another tenuous link with Vidic leaving.
The (Portuguese) papers evens had photos of him supposedly house shopping in Manchester in the summer!

Bojan11

Mirror reporting we agreed a deal with him for the 55656 time.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Supposed to join Valência according to Abola and Superdeporte

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=478796

Peter Lim really starting to spend. Also acording to Abola, Rodrigo will join next season and André Gomes will be loaned by Valência to a spanish club.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Garay is weird. When he's not being super-duper close to confirming deals with us, he's signing for Zenit but then not really. EDIT: Or was that Rodrigo?

Sb_16

Back to Spain then. Well, good luck! That was a close call, ufff!

Santos J

Garay is weird. When he's not being super-duper close to confirming deals with us, he's signing for Zenit but then not really. EDIT: Or was that Rodrigo?
Both of 'em, Zenit offered a massive amount but neither wanted to move to Russia apparently.

Will be a brilliant signing for Valencia if he does end up there, he's been fantastic this season & wouldn't say no to having him here.

Ekeke

Supposed to join Valência according to Abola and Superdeporte

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=478796

Peter Lim really starting to spend. Also acording to Abola, Rodrigo will join next season and André Gomes will be loaned by Valência to a spanish club.
Oh, that would be a great move for Valencia. They already have Otamendi coming in which was surely already an improvement and Mathieu has played fantastically at CB. Having another solid defender like Garay could push them well up the table

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We're linked with him every summer and we have close to signing him every time according to the press, so it will be funny he goes elsewhere. I would take him here, he was very good in EL whenever I watched.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There was a quote from agent going around Twitter yesterday, I assume it was fake?

Ekeke

Will be a shame for Valencia if they missed out on him. He'd have been fairly good here there are several other players who we could go for. But I expect Smalling, Jones and Evans to be the starting CBs (2 of 3)

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I gave up on following this saga. Portuguese media has claimed that he has signed for Valência, Zenit and now Bayern. I´ll wait till there´s official confirmation.

Juan't Mata

Another one of long Fergie's long term targets ( along with Strootman) that appears to have been nixed by Moyes. Squad would be in such better shape if we'd signed those two 12 months ago. :-(

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
So he was apparently a €35m player when we wanted him but has somehow turned into a €15m player once Bayern got involved?