Film Ezra Miller Douche Bag

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Hundreds of millions sunk into the upcoming Flash movie already. With marketing expected to come. How in the world can they market this though now? Every cast member will be asked about all Ezra's nutty behavior and arrests. I mean they have to be deep into contingency plans now. Dump it onto HBO Max and recast later?
Time to deep fake someone else's face on?

Rake

WB can't do anything right... Dropped a great Superman and an absolute posterboy in Cavill and went all in on someone who apparently has severe issues. It is safe to assume that Miller has had previous similar episodes. As it became apparent during the JD-AH trial, as long as the issues are not domestic violence related, Hollywood is ready to look away in most cases but this might be getting out of hand.

I hope EM gets the help he needs but there also must be consequences for his actions.

Ibi Dreams

Everything is mental illness in the US.
If you read about what Miller has been doing, it definitely does sound like some kind of mental illness. It's not just someone being a prick, it's extremely weird, unusual behaviour. And also being a prick.

choccy77

What might Warner Bros. and DC do about this?

In recent weeks, Warner Bros. has faced growing calls to fire Miller. But the problem is the actor is the lead of the studio's upcoming tentpole The Flash, a movie that already completed filming last year. It's rumored to have significant repercussions for the future of the DC universe, and it features Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck returning as their versions of Batman, which could help make it into a $1 billion blockbuster under the right circumstances.

Replacing Miller with another actor would likely require reshooting the whole film, which would be a highly costly, almost unprecedented prospect. The movie All the Money in the World did something similar in 2017, replacing Kevin Spacey with Christopher Plummer after Spacey was accused of sexual assault, and 2021's Army of the Dead replaced original star Chris D'Elia with Tig Notaro after D'Elia was accused of sexual misconduct. But even those situations aren't directly comparable seeing as neither Spacey nor D'Elia played the main characters, meaning most of the original footage was still usable. Other options would include canceling The Flash entirely or giving it a quieter release on streaming

In April, Rolling Stone reported that Warner Bros. and DC executives decided to pause future projects involving Miller. As for The Flash, though, Variety reported in June the plan is to release it in theaters with Miller still in the lead role. But the report noted this was "barring unforeseen developments" — and that was before the grooming allegations emerged. This is just one casting headache DC has on its hands, as the studio has also faced calls to remove Amber Heard from Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom after the Johnny Depp defamation trial.

Warner Bros. still hasn't commented on the Miller situation, but as of now, The Flash is slated to hit theaters in June 2023.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
They play 3 different characters in The Flash, and so are likely in the vast majority of scenes - reshooting I think would be an impossibility as would cancelling the movie. The right thing to do is to fire them and replace them but I just can't see WB execs being that morally guided.

Last edited:

kps88

He plays 3 different characters in The Flash, and so is likely in the vast majority of scenes - reshooting I think would be an impossibility as would cancelling the movie. The right thing to do is to fire him and replace him but I just can't see WB execs being that morally guided.
They will have to either cancel it or recast. Giant financial hit, but there is no alternative. What makes this situation so unique is that the guy is still, actively, doing bad things. It's not like he did something bad months ago that they can try and spin with some PR and an apology. I'm not sure what they're waiting for either. Things are likely only going to get worse.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Just feels funny that Depp was recast for Fantastic Beasts 3 but ol' Miller got to plod on making glum faces and whispering a lot.

choccy77

Apparently they will not replace him for The Flash movie, but will cut ties with him going forwards.

Michael Keaton deserved better.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Apparently they will not replace him for The Flash movie, but will cut ties with him going forwards.

Michael Keaton deserved better.
Nothing that a bit of smart editing can't fix.

arthurka

This guy is an absolute basket case.
He was in Iceland couple of years back and was hanging out with my brother and his nut case friends. He was just all over the place even attacking girls and using a lot of cocaine so much so that their provider ran dry.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...s-ezra-miller-choked-woman-before-arrest/amp/

https://www.mbl.is/folk/frettir/2018/11/19/hollywood_stjarna_skemmti_ser_i_ir_heimilinu/

DC knew this years ago that he was on the edge can't say I feel sorry for them.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I read this yesterday. They’re absolutely a danger to themselves and everyone around them, and I don’t see any way it all ends well from here.
Feels like some weird scenario where they truly believe they're doing the best for them, but then using it as free license to be a cnut because you know, 'you owe me'.

choccy77

This guy is just scary & seriously needs locking up & given treatment etc.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I predict The Flash will never see the light of day.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ezr...rooming-minors-carrying-guns-2022-8?r=US&IR=T

Insider has spoken with 14 people who had recent interactions with Miller in which the actor exhibited frightening emotional outbursts, carried firearms, or left them feeling unsafe. Some people said Miller sought out impressionable young women and nonbinary people whom they could isolate from their families and control. In some cases, Miller had sexual relations with these people. In 2020, during a roughly two-month stint in Iceland where Miller walked the streets barefoot, rumors spread that the movie star was running a cult out of an Airbnb.
One woman who visited the house for a day in March 2020 recalled several mattresses spread out on the floor and compared the house to a "commune." She was struck by how enamored guests seemed to be of Miller, hanging on their every word and seeming unfazed by Miller's mood swings. "I felt like everyone was hypnotized," she said.
The young woman said that while at the hotel, she had sex with Miller three times and communicated sparsely with friends and family. The actor became fixated on her breeding capabilities, she said, and worshipped her "perfect" womb by "talking to it, looking at it, hugging it," and laying their head on her stomach. Miller, she said, believed her loved ones were trying to hold her back and encouraged her to leave her life behind for a more prosperous future. She remembers thinking Miller was her ticket to success: "I was like, 'All right, I'm going to Hollywood.'"

"Ezra was super manipulative. They kind of had us all under their finger," she said. "They were able to twist and pull everything that I thought I knew about the world."

After six days, Miller decided to return to Reykjavík. Eager to get home, the young woman accepted a ride from the actor and their entourage.

When she returned to her apartment, her roommate, who had heard the rumors about Miller and had grown worried when the woman stopped responding to texts, handed her a stack of literature about cults.

The documents detailed how cult leaders promise spiritual awakenings or material goods to manipulate targets and how they isolate their followers by cutting them off from friends and family, the roommate recalled. It was "the exact same thing that I was in with Ezra," the young woman said, "and that really scared me."

The woman said she was terrified of seeing Miller again, so much so that she fled her apartment until Miller left the country 10 days later.

Her experience with Miller left lasting scars. "It was only six days, but it honestly felt way, way longer," she said. "I remember feeling, like, 'Wow, I don't know how I'm going to recover from this.'"
In February, a few days after Tokata's LSD incident, Miller visited a small town in Massachusetts. There they met a mother and her child, who was 11 at the time and who identifies as nonbinary.

The mother was friendly with her downstairs neighbor, who was in a band with Suters, Miller's traveling companion. On the evening of February 2, the group gathered around a table in the neighbor's apartment.

The mother, who asked to remain anonymous to protect her child, told Insider the actor showed an inappropriate interest in her 11-year-old. She said Miller complimented the child's style and maturity level and asked whether they were interested in starting a clothing line together. Miller also offered to pay for the child to attend design school.

"I want to invest in your future. I want to make you somebody," the now-12-year-old recalled Miller telling them. They added they were "really uncomfortable 'cause I'm somebody who doesn't like talking to new people" but said Miller was "pushing and pushing me to talk."

They said Miller also asked for their Instagram handle.

That evening, Miller erupted at the child's mother several times, she said. At one point, the mother — who dresses in an alternative, Goth style — joked that she always looked "like a vampire."

She said Miller started yelling, "Do you want to drink my blood?" and pulled down the collar of their shirt, exposing their jugular.

Miller blew up again when the mother used the word "tribe" to refer to her friends, screaming that she was racist and accusing her of cultural appropriation, she said. She also recalled Miller saying her child was "a mystical being" who was more powerful than their mother and who "would be lucky to have Ezra to guide and protect them."

A mother in Massachusetts was granted a temporary harassment-protection order against Miller, who she said showed an inappropriate interest in her now-12-year-old.
The next day the mother encountered Miller at a local music venue, and they apologized for their outbursts, she said.

In April, Miller visited the local music venue again. By this time, both the mother and the child had heard about Miller's arrests in Hawaii and said they felt wary of the actor.

The now-12-year-old said that at the venue, Miller pressured them into sharing their phone number.

Miller again asked the child to stay at their farm, offered to buy them horses, and brought up the idea of paying for their design school.

The 12-year-old said part of them wanted to believe Miller. "I did want it to happen. It sounded perfect," they said. "But it was also just very wary and uncomfortable and didn't feel safe."

The child last saw Miller on June 4, when Miller showed up at their apartment building dressed in a cowboy hat and boots asking to buy horses for the 12-year-old. It was four days before TMZ broke the news that Tokata's parents were seeking a protective order.

On June 15, the 12-year-old's mother was granted a temporary harassment-protection order against Miller. She said she'd reached out to Tokata's parents and decided to speak with the media to bring attention to the situation. "It's about protecting children and bringing light to what's really happening," she said.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
At this point, it's a question of morals if DC release the flash in its current state.

The guy needs locking up and medical help. He's going to kill somebody it he hasn't already.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
At this point, it's a question of morals if DC release the flash in its current state.

The guy needs locking up and medical help. He's going to kill somebody it he hasn't already.
He has definitely murdered someone already imo.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...-to-apologise-to-everyone-that-i-have-alarmed

List of accusations to date include verbal, psychological, and physical abuse. Assault. Kidnapping. Felony burglary. And perhaps the most insidious of all, grooming young vulnerable children.

“Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment,” Miller said.

“I want to apologise to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behaviour. I am committed to doing the necessary work to get back to a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life.”
Brace yourself for WB pumping our eyes and hears with the message that Ezra is now back on the straight and narrow, and wont be grooming anymore kids... For all the shit they have done, that is one weak as feck apology. Its Kevin Spacey levels of weak as feck. Yet, for some reason Miller isn't being held to the same "youre fired and recast" standard. "Complex mental health issues" doesn't excuse grooming fecking kids! feck this guy, and feck his career.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Sounds as if he's had a severe episode and just come out of it. A little different to Spacey. One knows what they're doing, the other doesn't. Be interesting to see if the film goes ahead.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
“I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed"

Weird apology. Surely he should be apologizing to everyone that he's harmed. It's like he's saying "It's ok everybody, I know you've all been worried about me but I'm on the straight and narrow now" Yeah, but what about you're victims ya fecking sociopath?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Erm, isn't every person who grooms kid mentally ill? To use mental illness as a get out clause is repugnant.

Should be behind bars but he's being kept relevant so the studio he's affiliated with can release the movie and make money.

Give it a year or two after the film comes out, he'll no longer be useful and he'll be arrested.

I'm not even a conspiracy theorist, but this stinks.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Just replace him with Grant Gustin or reshoot the whole damn thing with an older flash. I want John Wesley Shippe back as the Flash.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
“I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed"

Weird apology. Surely he should be apologizing to everyone that he's harmed. It's like he's saying "It's ok everybody, I know you've all been worried about me but I'm on the straight and narrow now" Yeah, but what about you're victims ya fecking sociopath?
He's a narcissist.

Ibi Dreams

Erm, isn't every person who grooms kid mentally ill? To use mental illness as a get out clause is repugnant.
It's not really the same. If Miller has been suffering from the type of mental health problems that (for example) make you see/hear things that aren't there, believe things that aren't true, do things you would never normally do etc then it's a genuine defences. The "mental illness" of someone who grooms kids and someone suffering from psychosis, schizophrenia, delusions etc obviously can't be compared

Hamnat

I had been waiting for the obligatory "apology" as it was clearly the only way they could continue to even try and market this movie. The timing right after the merger and major announcements of movies and shows that the new company is cancelling outright or dropping also lines up.

They probably finally sat Ezra down and either got the apology started and laid down the law legally on his contracts etc. But, hopefully there is genuine regret and want to get better because it is the only way it will work.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It's not really the same. If Miller has been suffering from the type of mental health problems that (for example) make you see/hear things that aren't there, believe things that aren't true, do things you would never normally do etc then it's a genuine defences. The "mental illness" of someone who grooms kids and someone suffering from psychosis, schizophrenia, delusions etc obviously can't be compared
Yeah, I'm sure thats the type he's suffering with, anyway, should we start letting killers out who said God made them kill, or their dog? As they were clearly suffering the same problems too.

If we allow people to groom kids because the abuser says he's suffering from mental problems then that's a slippery slope, this is coming from someone with mental health issues, there should be no excuse inflicting harm and trauma on kids.

Give it a few years, when this guys usefulness dwindles he'll have a big scandal break and he'll be locked up.

reelworld

Just replace him with Grant Gustin or reshoot the whole damn thing with an older flash. I want John Wesley Shippe back as the Flash.
Gustin has been waiting to get out of his Flash contract for quite a while. He's done playing him.
John Wesley Shipp though, that's an interesting choice.
The fact that WB shelved Batgirl but keeps going with this is a PR catastrophe

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Miller blew up again when the mother used the word "tribe" to refer to her friends, screaming that she was racist and accusing her of cultural appropriation, she said. She also recalled Miller saying her child was "a mystical being" who was more powerful than their mother and who "would be lucky to have Ezra to guide and protect them."
:lol:

NotThatSoph

Yeah, I'm sure thats the type he's suffering with, anyway, should we start letting killers out who said God made them kill, or their dog? As they were clearly suffering the same problems too.

If we allow people to groom kids because the abuser says he's suffering from mental problems then that's a slippery slope, this is coming from someone with mental health issues, there should be no excuse inflicting harm and trauma on kids.

Give it a few years, when this guys usefulness dwindles he'll have a big scandal break and he'll be locked up.
I don't think anyone has suggested that they should be allowed to groom kids. Ibi Dreams is saying that it's different, clearly not that it's acceptable, and the justice system won't find it acceptable either.

As far as I'm aware, there are two allegations against Miller, both coming from parents. The first one is an ongoing court case, but when the alleged victim is categorically denying that Miller has done anything wrong it's going to be difficult no matter what happened. In the second case it's alleged that they've been pushy and offered to buy stuff to such an extent that it's considered harassment. There is a temporary restraining order against them, which is serious, but not (yet, at least) a court case.

Allegations have been taken more serious in the recent years, but Hollywood will always firstly protect its bottom line. For Warner Bros it's a calculation of how much they'd lose by cancelling The Flash vs how much Miller will cost in reputational damage. I can't imagine they'll ever find work as an actor again after this project.