February 14 McLaren McLaren Technology Centre
February 15 Ferrari Maranello, Italy
February 18 Alfa Romeo Barcelona, Spain
TESTING DATES
February 18-21 Test One Barcelona, Spain
February 26-March 1 Test Two Barcelona, Spain

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
So: The Toro Rosso livery was a copy from last year. And the Williams one is godawful. How do one create something so ugly in 2019? Don't they employ designers for this?

The Haas one was slick. Really interested in seeing the Merc one after all these teases...

Leg-End

The Mercedes will just be silver again, they are teasing a test livery.

The Williams might be the most horrific one in years, that’s unacceptable for such an iconic brand. Shit livery to be at the back of the grid probably, as much as I want to see Kubica and Russell do well.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Slightly disappointed that the Red Bull livery is just a one off.

The Mercedes one is great, yes. Let's hope McLaren and Ferrari gives us something new and not just a repeat of 2018 like Toro Rosso and Renault.

vangagal

I like the look of that new front wing. More simplier yet still looks good in the eyes.
Mercedes particularly made a perfect paint in that front wing.

F-Red

Sauber's front wing - :eek:

Some great testing liveries here, hoping some of it translates into the race liveries for the season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Quite happy with it.
Literally no different than last year apart from a few different sponsor names. Anyway Livery's aren't important unless they make a real statement and stand out.

I absolutely love the Alfa camo, it would be such a smart move to stick with that as it would win a lot of casual fans, but they'll probably go back to the standard red/white colour scheme unfortunately.

nemanja15

It's actually very different! Whole new front wing as per the new regulations, side-pods and inlet size and location are revised, new style barge boards and the engine is way more tightly packed than 2018, the roll hoop is now triangular and there's a much bigger shark fin. Oh and a 2017-style T-wing back there to boot.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
That's the worst looking Ferrari in quite some time imo, mostly because I dislike matte colors on any car with a passion (it sort of worked on last years Red Bull, but that was obviously a much darker color). Ferrari has got so many gorgeous reds to choose from but I guess matte is "in" right now.. Luckily it's the way it goes that matters, not how it looks.

Anyway, can't wait for Australia!

Wicked_Badger

1st day of testing done without much drama. Good to see McLaren run consistently for what feels like the first time in years & seems like Honda may have improved their reliability over the winter too, with Red Bull sticking in a solid lap count without any issues.

Real worry for Williams though. They don’t even know when they’re going to turn up to testing. How can they get it that wrong? Reports are saying that this years’ car might be 2 seconds a lap slower than last. Time for heads to roll?

Fastest lap times:

1 Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Ferrari one minute 18.161 seconds ***

2 Carlos Sainz (Spa) McLaren 1:18.558 ****

3 Romain Grosjean (Fra) Haas 1:19.159 ***

4 Max Verstappen (Ned) Red Bull 1:19.426 ***

5 Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Alfa Romeo 1:19.462 ***

6 Daniil Kvyat (Rus) Toro Rosso 1:19.635 ****

7 Sergio Perez (Mex) Racing Point 1:19.944 ***

8 Valterri Bottas (Fin) Mercedes 1:20.127 **

9 Lewis Hamilton (GB) Mercedes 1:20.135 **

10 Nico Hulkenberg (Ger) Renault 1:20.980 **

11 Daniel Ricciardo (Aus) Renault 1:20.983 **

Tyres: * = C1 (hardest); ** = C2 (second hardest); *** = C3 (middle); C4 **** = (second softest); ***** = C5 (softest)

paulscholes18

Looking good for Ferrari in Pratice, Vettle fastest yesterday and Leclerc fastest today

F-Red

I wouldn't read too much into times in testing, they're largely irrelevant.

Wicked_Badger

Pretty much rinse & repeat today. The Mercs sandbagging but putting good mileage in, Ferrari look strong; solid first day at the office for Leclerc.

McLaren look like they may have some decent pace along with reliability for the first time in years, the time set by Lando on the 2nd hardest compound in the morning was solid.

Looks like Alban might take a bit to settle & Gasly binning it on day 1 in the big brother team isn’t the best start.

Williams have apparently flown (most of) a car out tonight with bits to follow tomorrow morning. Looking like getting on track in the afternoon is going to be the best they can do. Hope they have some pace in the thing & it’s just poor planning/organisation that’s delayed them (but I suspect not). Can’t believe they’ve missed the mark so badly here, they must have started planning the FW42 at the start of last season when they realised last years’ car was a sh1tbox.

1 Charles Leclerc (Mon) Ferrari one minute 18.247 seconds ***

2 Lando Norris (GB) McLaren 1:18.553 ****

3 Kevin Magnussen (Den) Haas 1:19.206 ***

4 Alexander Albon (Tha) Toro Rosso 1:19.301 ****

5 Antonio Giovinazzi (Ita) Alfa Romeo 1:19.312 ****

6 Valtteri Bottas (Fin) Mercedes 1:19.535 ***

7 Pierre Gasly (Fra) Red Bull 1:19.814 ***

8 Nico Hulkenberg (Ger) Renault 1:19.837 ***

9 Daniel Ricciardo (Aus) Renault 1:19.886 ***

10 Lewis Hamilton (GB) Mercedes 1:19.928 ***

11 Lance Stroll (Can) Racing Point 1:20.433 ***

12 Pietro Fittipaldi (Brz) Haas 1:21.849 ***

Key: * = C1 tyre (hardest); ** = C2 (second hardest); *** = C3 (middle); C4 **** = (second softest); ***** = C5 (softest)

McLaren must have done nearly as many laps this testing week, as they did in the last two years combined!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I see Mercedes is hiding himself again. Can't be so slow.
They're clearly fast over 1 lap, but the long run pace isn't looking good. They've openly admitted the balance of the car isn't what they expected which is why they haven't bothered doing any fast/low fuel runs yet. We all know that qualy mode pace will be there when they need it.

Ferrari are looking very strong though in both long+short.

pauldyson1uk

why should Mercedes or any team , show what all they have in testing , makes no sense.
This is why I never take any notice of testing, Q3 in Melbourne willbe the first time you see what the top cars have, and IMHO thats the way it should be.

Leg-End

We won't know teams true pace until Q3 in Melbourne, that's just a given.

Ferrari look best in testing but a bit fragile.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Vettel, Hamilton and LeClerc's fastest laps from testing all within hundreths. Hopefully the season is as close, Ferrari are quickest from what I've read and Mercedes are catching up a little bit from putting so much effort into winning the championship last season.