F1 2019 season

pauldyson1uk

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
10 days to go. I am waking up at 5:10 a.m. to support Seb and Charles.
Ferrari looking really looking sharp so far and they got rid of your favourite Marlboro man Arrivabene! But you know Mad Max is coming for Vettel and LeClerc and somehow Lewis will probably benefit from that :lol:

Hopefully it'll be a crazy season.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Ferrari looking really looking sharp so far and they got rid of your favourite Marlboro man Arrivabene! But you know Mad Max is coming for Vettel and LeClerc and somehow Lewis will probably benefit from that :lol:

Hopefully it'll be a crazy season.
Red Bull and Honda are still a big question mark, tbh. Not sure about them.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Red Bull and Honda are still a big question mark, tbh. Not sure about them.
Most likely loads of getting familiar and fine tuning this season or even start up problems, and highly unlikely to be real title contenders. But just like last year, in moments where everything comes together you will see some truly elite stuff of Red Bull/Max. And a couple of crazy sabotaging acts out of frustatrion probably, though he is very slowly but steadily getting more mature and focused.

Personally of course I do hope Honda/Red Bull get their shit correct from the start but it's just not likely to happen at all. So in that case I hope Ferrari can finally put an end to the Mercedes hegemony, but I do like Lewis as well so it's going to be entertaining either way.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Most likely loads of getting familiar and fine tuning this season or even start up problems, and highly unlikely to be real title contenders. But just like last year, in moments where everything comes together you will see some truly elite stuff of Red Bull/Max. And a couple of crazy sabotaging acts out of frustatrion probably, though he is very slowly but steadily getting more mature and focused.

Personally of course I do hope Honda/Red Bull get their shit correct from the start but it's just not likely to happen at all. So in that case I hope Ferrari can finally put an end to the Mercedes hegemony, but I do like Lewis as well so it's going to be entertaining either way.
Red Bull is always the most balanced car in the circus, but luck pace. If they could find it they would become very dangerous.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I've signed up, though will likely do my usual thing of forgetting about it all together and never checking or changing my lineup.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Apparently a point will be awarded to whoever has the fastest lap in a race (to be approved but considered a formality).

Interesting idea but not convinced a single point would make a huge impact.

pauldyson1uk

F1 is set to award a bonus point to the driver who sets the fastest lap in races in the 2019 season.
The new rule is planned to come into effect at the season-opening Australian GP on March 17, pending the clearance of final regulatory hurdles before Melbourne.
The extra point will only be awarded if the driver who sets the race's fastest lap also finishes in the top 10.
F1 last awarded a point for fastest race laps in 1959.

Hephaestus

Apparently a point will be awarded to whoever has the fastest lap in a race (to be approved but considered a formality).

Interesting idea but not convinced a single point would make a huge impact.
Someone looked at last year and found that this would have pushed Bottas up into third in the standings instead of fifth, otherwise not much changed. But yeah, with 25 points for a win it won't make too much impact, would have been much bigger before, Massa would have won the championship in 2008 for example. Would have made the Canadian GP last year funnier since Ricciardo's fastest lap was invalidated after they threw the chequered flag too early, don't think he'd have been pleased if they took away even a single point cos of that kind of shit.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Watch the series. A lot of it was quite bland. Loved Gunther Steiner and the tension/awkwardness between Horner/Cyril, and in terms of acting like a season review for all the teams bar Ferrari and Mercedes - as well as getting me hyped up for the new season.

Worth the watch if you're into it.

Abizzz

They have decided to award 1 extra point to who makes the fastest lap during the race.
This will be interesting, it has the potential to cause some unintended consequences. Imagine the third slowing down for a lap (while keeping up traffic) to have a fast next lap... Or someone slowing down to make sure someone else behind him can't get that extra point

Can't say I'm sold yet.

pauldyson1uk

First race of the season and I doubt I will be in a fit state to watch it.
Even if I am still up at race time , I will be pissed :lol::lol:
Watching FA Cup all day Saturday and then more drinks after, will have to make do with highlights.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The new season opener video has got me erect. Only "Hamilton on pole by 5 tenths" can stop me from reaching ecstasy.

Dudu

Don't forget the Fantasy League , you still have till Q1 on Saturday to pick your team.
If you was in it last year, you will still be in it.
If not here is the log in details.

http://www.fantasy-f1-league.com/

League name is RedCafe Fantasy F1 League
Password is redcafe

It was good last season and went to the last race ,the more in the better it is.
Never tried F1 Fantasy before.. why not I guess!

Just curious though, how come we're not using the official F1 Fantasy game? Is it not as good as this one?

Dudu

Used this for a few season now, I like it , easy to use, think somebody did set up a league on the official one last year.
Sounds good.

Any tips? Struggling to find the right balance with that budget. Though I suppose that's the point! :wenger:

Member 90887

Don't forget the Fantasy League , you still have till Q1 on Saturday to pick your team.
If you was in it last year, you will still be in it.
If not here is the log in details.

http://www.fantasy-f1-league.com/

League name is RedCafe Fantasy F1 League
Password is redcafe

It was good last season and went to the last race ,the more in the better it is.
Can you give a small summary of what it is ? or redirect me to a thread talking about it maybe ? thanks :)

Edit: no need, found some info on the website.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Very sad to hear. Key part of the sport.