F1 2019 season

pauldyson1uk

Sky has imposed a series of restrictions on C4 in the contract for the highlights races, which will affect both the race coverage itself, and what happens around it.

For example, only 50% of the total running time of C4's programme can now be taken up by the on-track coverage - down from between 60-70% last year. They are not allowed to do interviews in what is known as the 'pen' - where all the drivers are taken to do a round-robin of broadcasters after qualifying and race - or in the pit lane. Any 'pen' interviews they use will have to come from Sky. The amount of interviews C4 can do in the paddock is restricted. And they have been forbid from doing pitwalks

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I will never give any money to those cnuts.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
RIP Charlie :(
Sky has imposed a series of restrictions on C4 in the contract for the highlights races, which will affect both the race coverage itself, and what happens around it.

For example, only 50% of the total running time of C4's programme can now be taken up by the on-track coverage - down from between 60-70% last year. They are not allowed to do interviews in what is known as the 'pen' - where all the drivers are taken to do a round-robin of broadcasters after qualifying and race - or in the pit lane. Any 'pen' interviews they use will have to come from Sky. The amount of interviews C4 can do in the paddock is restricted. And they have been forbid from doing pitwalks
Urgh.

pauldyson1uk

Lewis Hamilton’s advantage over second-placed Sebastian Vettel in Free Practice 1 at Melbournewas just 0.036s. But Mercedes moved 0.8s clear of their nearest competitor – Red Bull’s Max Verstappen – in FP2, with Hamilton narrowly ahead of team mate Valtteri Bottas.

With FP2 a chance for the teams to up the pace after a rather steady first practice, Hamilton and Bottas finally appeared to show something of the raw pace in their W10 challenger after a muted performance in pre-season testing, with Hamilton’s 1m 22.600s in the session over two tenths faster than his pole time from 2018.

We need an rvn

This is such BS. Love putting on the F1 on a Sunday afternoon and reading a paper. Was my few hours of peace.

Besides not going near the BBC or whatever from race time to c4 viewing it will be so hard to not know who has won, which defeats the point in watching highlights for me.

Going to lose a lot of viewers in the UK I think now, which is silly considering how many teams are based here

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
See I dont see a problem.
Why would you show all you have before the season starts, read the reports a lot say Ferarri and Red Bull are sand bagging. Again dont see a problem.
Q3 is where you will first see their true speed.
Nothing. I knew Mercedes were still favourite.

Hephaestus

There is absolutely no way the Ferrari is that far off the pace, they'll make a huge leap forward tomorrow.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
What if Mercedes are also holding back. Last season they turned it up exactly when they needed, looked like they were toying with everyone else, pretty sure it'll be the same this season.

Hephaestus

Ferrari are obviously holding back, no way there just 1 100th second ahead of Alfa Romeo.
Especially considering Vettel was .2s faster in the same car on average so if those times were representative then Alfa would have the faster car! So yeah, Ferrari are holding back
What if Mercedes are also holding back. Last season they turned it up exactly when they needed, looked like they were toying with everyone else, pretty sure it'll be the same this season.
They might have more but I doubt they'll be holding back more than Ferrari are. I reckon we'll discover that both teams are closer than they've been claiming but with Ferrari having a small edge, meaning it comes down to if that is enough to hold off Hamilton who's outright faster.

Balljy

Vettels fastest lap was the first lap of a long stint with a heavy fuel load (which makes absolutely no sense) and was no quicker than his team-mate on hard tyres. Nothing can be taken from todays session in terms of pace.

In fact, I would probably say that if anything Ferrari are feeling so comfortable that they don't even need to test their pace properly before qualifying.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Both Renaults out in Q2, not looking great for them so far. I've liked the look of Norris

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Yep, Norris again with a great lap. Leclerc is also doing well, seems to be faster than Vettel so far but we'll see if he can keep it up in Q3 when it matters.

hp88

Big gap between Merc and Ferrari when it comes to a single lap shootout, Ferrari better hope they have got some race pace.

Hephaestus

Bottas with a storming lap. Even Hamilton might struggle to find that much time.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Ferrari should just give up during winter tests. They always fool themselves into thinking they are good.

Last edited: