F1 2019 season

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good drive in the end from Leclerc, bar where he likely should have been penalised. Would have been interesting if Hamilton was able to keep pressuring him longer.

vangagal

Vettel absolutely got what he deserved, but my point is that Stroll did the same thing yet didn't get as harsh of a penalty. So I don't see how the stewards are favoring Ferrari over other teams with that in mind.
It was harsh for Stroll to get worse because he wasnt cause the accident at first place.

pauldyson1uk

Fair play to Leclerc , admitted he made mistakes, it will make him a better driver, stll think he was luck to escape a pen.
Lewis failed to overtake him , did the best he could , Bottas was never going to overtake Leclerc.
Deserved win for Leclerc , yes it was, but also think he had a slight helping hand, but Merc did not have the straight line speed today.

NK86

So many salty statements. Leclerec didn't do much wrong. I was surprised he even got a warning for that instance. He had the inside line and that was not a place to overtake. Lewis went for it so what was Leclerec supposed to do - slow down and allow Lewis an easy pass because he is a Brit?

NK86

It was harsh for Stroll to get worse because he wasnt cause the accident at first place.
How does that make sense? Stroll got clipped first so that allows him to do the same stupid thing to someone else immediately afterwards with a lesser punishment?

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
So many salty statements. Leclerec didn't do much wrong. I was surprised he even got a warning for that instance. He had the inside line and that was not a place to overtake. Lewis went for it so what was Leclerec supposed to do - slow down and allow Lewis an easy pass because he is a Brit?
If it was the other way about you can guarantee comments would be complete opposite in here.

Leg-End

How about not move under braking? Got nothing to do with who he’s racing against, he got a black and white flag so he clearly did wrong he was just fortunate to get away without penalty.

I guess we ignore the bit where Hamilton made the exact same move on Vettel there last year, it is an overtaking place but not when you get squeezed.

Red Star One

Leclerc is flying, what a pleasure to see it. Fantastic day for Ferrari bar Vettel exit - looked very dangerous to me and deserved even harsher penalty

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Vettel got a 10 sec stop&go while Stroll only got a drivethrough, so Vettel was the one who got the worse penalty. Stroll got back on the track in an unsafe way forcing Gasly off the track, just like Seb did to him, and how they got off the track in the first place has nothing to do with that.

NK86

How about not move under braking? Got nothing to do with who he’s racing against, he got a black and white flag so he clearly did wrong he was just fortunate to get away without penalty.

I guess we ignore the bit where Hamilton made the exact same move on Vettel there last year, it is an overtaking place but not when you get squeezed.
So Hamilton made a move last season, so he should be able to stick it every time he attempts it?

As for the black and white flag, if you believe that was the right call then why say he was lucky? Stewards saw the incident and felt that it was risky but not worthy of a punishment, basically he is right on the edge but not over it. If he was then he would have been penalized. You guys are funny that way. You say the stewards warning him shows that it was tight but then qtn the stewards saying it was not fair enough? Can't have it both way now, can you?

vangagal

How does that make sense? Stroll got clipped first so that allows him to do the same stupid thing to someone else immediately afterwards with a lesser punishment?
My take is Vettel rejoined when Stroll just right beside him, Stroll rejoined when Gasly was 2 turns away but with race speed anyway so Stroll cant predict that happened.

NK86

My take is Vettel rejoined when Stroll just right beside him, Stroll rejoined when Gasly was 2 turns away but with race speed anyway so Stroll cant predict that happened.
Unless Stroll is blind, he would have seen Gasly would be up to him when he was rejoining.

Leg-End

So Hamilton made a move last season, so he should be able to stick it every time he attempts it?

As for the black and white flag, if you believe that was the right call then why say he was lucky? Stewards saw the incident and felt that it was risky but not worthy of a punishment, basically he is right on the edge but not over it. If he was then he would have been penalized. You guys are funny that way. You say the stewards warning him shows that it was tight but then qtn the stewards saying it was not fair enough? Can't have it both way now, can you?
Of course not but he was pushed off the track, you can’t deny that. It’s a risky move for sure, Leclerc could have kept it by giving the space though.

Where did I say I believe it’s the right call? I haven’t even seen a black and white flag used in years, usually it’s a 5 second penalty. When someone has a big accident because of moving in the braking zone, which lets be honest has come back onto the scene with Max and Charles, then people will see why it’s dangerous.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Such a compelling race. Fantastic stuff from both Leclerc and Hamilton. Leclerc was a bit naughty, maybe should've been penalised, don't really care - was still worth his win.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
On a day when Ferrari wins at Monza and the headlines are all for Leclerc, I’m forced to ask: what’s happening to Vettel? Seriously, how and why does he look like he’s on a rapid decline?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If verstappen didn’t get penalised for the movement on Leclerc then that was never a penalty either. They set the precedent pretty early with that.

Leclerc had the inside lane for a 1 car chicane. Lewis knew it would be risky trying it.

NK86

Of course not but he was pushed off the track, you can’t deny that. It’s a risky move for sure, Leclerc could have kept it by giving the space though.

Where did I say I believe it’s the right call? I haven’t even seen a black and white flag used in years, usually it’s a 5 second penalty. When someone has a big accident because of moving in the braking zone, which lets be honest has come back onto the scene with Max and Charles, then people will see why it’s dangerous.
I disagree. Hamilton went for a move when it was very difficult to pull off with a very fast car in front and on braking with very little space on the outside. Fair play trying as he is a world class driver but I don't see how Leclerec defending him actually was wrong.

You coule argue it was unfair but I feel if you try something a risky overtake there are chances that you may get squeezed out. It was not even as bad as Max had done to Leclerec and the stewards didn't even warn Max then, so it's funny people complaining that Leclerec was lucky to not get a pen for this incident.

Leg-End

On a day when Ferrari wins at Monza and the headlines are all for Leclerc, I’m forced to ask: what’s happening to Vettel? Seriously, how and why does he look like he’s on a rapid decline?
He’s not been his best since Danny pasted him at Red Bull. Let’s be honest Kimi wasn’t a real challenge at Ferrari, Leclerc has shown his talent level.

Leg-End

I disagree. Hamilton went for a move when it was very difficult to pull off with a very fast car in front and on braking with very little space on the outside. Fair play trying as he is a world class driver but I don't see how Leclerec defending him actually was wrong.

You coule argue it was unfair but I feel if you try something a risky overtake there are chances that you may get squeezed out. It was not even as bad as Max had done to Leclerec and the stewards didn't even warn Max then, so it's funny people complaining that Leclerec was lucky to not get a pen for this incident.
The issue is moving under braking, if someone is alongside you, it’s so dangerous to do it. I think it was too much but it’s in the past now.

Max vs Leclerc is the future and they will collide more than once again for sure. It’s exciting and at least we have fast talents in the next generation of champions.

pauldyson1uk

What ever we all think about if it was a pen or not , we can all agree that Leclerc is a future WC and he will be around for a long time.
Not sure yet if he will be breaking record in the way Lewis has done , Lewis could be around for a few more season yet.
We are I think in sort of a transition period , Lewis , Seb and a few other are nearing the end and the younger drivers are taking over, exciting years to come.

RedFish

The list of future WCs is increasing.

Max, Leclerc, Norris, Stroll.

Tbf, I can see Lewis continue to race for many years yet. All depends on him. He's boss-man.

pauldyson1uk

Italian GP Result: Top 10
1. Charles Leclerc, Ferrari
2. Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes
3. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
4. Daniel Ricciardo, Renault
5. Nico Hulkenberg, Renault
6. Alexander Albon, Red Bull
7. Sergio Perez, Racing Point
8. Max Verstappen, Red Bull
9. Antonio Giovinazzi, Alfa Romeo
10. Lando Norris, McLaren

Another good race for Albon.
Singapore next.

Hephaestus

He was winning the title race last year and had a golden opportunity to extend it but binned it at his home race and that destroyed him. Hasn't been able to stop making errors since. Now Leclerc has come into Ferrari and is doing what Ricciardo did at Red Bull, he knows last year was his last chance to win at Ferrari, Lewis and Leclerc will see to that.

hp88

Tbf, I can see Lewis continue to race for many years yet. All depends on him. He's boss-man.
Lewis will want to get Sch's record for WC wins , then I think he will call it a day.
Think Lewis will match Schumacher WDC and race win record next season. Good time retire to just before the 2021 rule change ?

IAmAWinner

Leclerc is generational, F1 fans will be in for a treat with Charles and Max battling it out for years to come.
Vettel is finished, Ferrari should be ruthless and let him leave and get Ricciardo in. Or Max if possible :eek:

Dan_F

I’m glad there was no penalty, as long as it’s consistent. I want Hamilton to win, but they have a habit of over complicating rules.

BIGbadBOO4

I just hope they now remain consistent, Hamilton himself has now said it's good to know what you can get away with. That's exactly what i would have said.

0le

I went on the BBC Cricket page directly to see the cricket score and avoid the F1 result and there was still a link to the F1 result. Bummer. Its not quite the same watching highlights knowing who will win. :(

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Vettel's case was so obvious for everyone to see. Leclerc might be on grey area for some. Second later he pushed Hamilton Leclerc will get punished no doubt. It just like Max of the earlier year.
It was a really enjoyable race between Charles and Lewis, lap after lap.
But. I have to say that Charles Leclerc was incredibly fortunate to get away with cutting that chicane and not have to give the position up.
Especially when he had been black and white flagged.
However, even if he had I still feel that he would have passed Hamilton because of his excellent speed and with DRS.
Good race though.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

No chance

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I think that it was initially down to the fact that Hamilton was too good and simply relentless followed by the pace and skill of Leclerc.
I am sorry to say that he looks like a broken man.
A shadow of what he has been and maybe he is now a has been.