F1 2019 season

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Haze is back today, hopefully it won't get too bad and affect the race.

The track is tough enough as it is, worsening visibility would be terrible.

Hephaestus

Leclerc looks more and more special by the race. Even with Hamilton's usual last lap bullshit quali, wasn't enough. Almost feel sorry for Vettel, that's gotta sting.

Giggsy92

Ferrari mighty in quali again, great effort from Hamilton to get on the front row albeit helped out by Vettel messing up his second lap - needs to hold onto it off the line though otherwise Ferrari will just control things easily. Big blow to Vettel on what's probably his strongest track...

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I've not watched F1 really since the Beeb sold the rights and lied about it, what exactly has happened to Vettel? Was he just overrated or is he sulking? I know he had a few fair things to say about Hamilton getting favouritism from the officials but is there more to it?

hobbers

I've not watched F1 really since the Beeb sold the rights and lied about it, what exactly has happened to Vettel? Was he just overrated or is he sulking? I know he had a few fair things to say about Hamilton getting favouritism from the officials but is there more to it?
Think he's just lost focus. Probably more sulking from being the number one at Ferrari when their car wasn't competitive, and now they are competitive but he's no longer their best driver.

Much like Rosberg he never was good at anything wheel to wheel, but with this dip in concentration and/or confidence he becomes a nervous wreck on the track whenever he's put under even the slightest pressure. Think it's a banker he'll crash out tomorrow, he's made huge mistakes in just about every race but has gotten away with it for the most part.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Think he's just lost focus. Probably more sulking from being the number one at Ferrari when their car wasn't competitive, and now they are competitive but he's no longer their best driver.

Much like Rosberg he never was good at anything wheel to wheel, but with this dip in concentration and/or confidence he becomes a nervous wreck on the track whenever he's put under even the slightest pressure. Think it's a banker he'll crash out tomorrow, he's made huge mistakes in just about every race but has gotten away with it for the most part.
Thanks, he felt a little bit like the Tiger Woods of driving when I last saw him. I've always liked the guy, well except when he was a right moody bastard, so I want to see him get back on track so to speak.

IAmAWinner

Leclerc has had more pole positions than anybody this season. Seriously impressive stuff. What a talent

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
He's driven. I've liked him for a while. Done well to overcome Mistakes early this season. Verstappen and him are the next generation for sure.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Pretty successful junior class driver and was at one point dubbed the next Schumacher and was considered by many a better prospect than Vettel.

Problem is, he's 32 and no team is really going to invest in him long term. He never really had the car under him to compete where he probably should have been. Its a pity but perhaps Le Mans is where he should head.
Yeah, but that's what I mean. He's 32 and I don't remember him being able to take a car to the level above what it should be capable of in the same way that others have.

pauldyson1uk

Renault's Daniel Ricciardo has been disqualified from Singapore GP qualifying for a technical infringement.

Ricciardo had qualified eighth but will now start from the back of the field in Sunday's race, which begins at 1.10pm.

Team-mate Nico Hulkenberg takes over eighth and McLaren's Lando Norris moves into ninth, while Alfa Romeo's Antonio Giovinazzi gains the final top-10 starting slot.

Ricciardo's Renault car was found to have contravened the regulation governing how much power can be emitted by the MGU-K element of the engine. The RS19 was found to have exceeded 120kW during Q1.

The issue was referred to the stewards by FIA technical delegate Jo Bauer after qualifying and, after speaking to Renault representatives into the early hours of Sunday morning at F1's night race, stewards announced just before 3am local time that they had determined a breach had taken place "beyond any doubt".

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This is a showcase for why modern F1 sucks, they're just coasting around looking after their tyres.