F1 2020 Season

Tiber

Maybe Stroll ends up with a podium. He has done as much to deserve one today as he did last week

Tiber

I wonder how Albons year would have turned out if Hamilton hadn't rammed him in Oz. Momentum might have made a big difference to his season if he had started with a race win

Tiber

Shite race. But atleast Merc were kept off first place for once.

Tiber

The Merc hate is strong with this one :lol:
Yup. A one team sport for a decade will do that

Nice to see McLaren beat Tracing Point to third. Atleast they designed their own car. They should be even better next year when they swap Renault for a Merc engine

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Yup. A one team sport for a decade will do that

Nice to see McLaren beat Tracing Point to third. Atleast they designed their own car. They should be even better next year when they swap Renault for a Merc engine
I'm really looking forward to see how Ricciardo does in the McLaren with a Merc inside it

pauldyson1uk

Easy win for Max today, given that both Merc had reduced engine power, but fair play to Max he took his chance and never looked in trouble.
OMG what a boring race, no excitement what so ever, what a disappointing end to the shortest season since 1966.

Tiber

A lap or two ago Sainz had a 10 second gap, now it's 4? Penalty could still make a difference

Asger

F2 is like watching football pro teams and F1 is non pro team. Watched F2 for first time last weekend. Will watch a lot more next year!

Tiber

Wonder what race Mercedes will seal the championship next year?

F1 had good moments this year, but it's a long long way from being competitive.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Easy win for Max today, given that both Merc had reduced engine power, but fair play to Max he took his chance and never looked in trouble.
OMG what a boring race, no excitement what so ever, what a disappointing end to the shortest season since 1966.
Yes. As boring as last race was exciting. Typical end of season atmosphere. Well done Max and well done McLaren for finishing 3rd after all those awful years.

United Hobbit

I missed most of the race but doesn't look like I missed much?

I was surprised to see Hamilton back, there was a clip of him on Instagram in the week and he sounded really rough. Especially as its technically a nothing race as far as this season goes. I'd have liked to see Russell in the Mercedes again though so maybe im biased!

The person who said Bottas would be great for red bulls 2nd driver makes a very good point and I agree he would probably be solid there then let us make the most of Mercedes dominance by having George in the 2nd Mercedes. I think he would accept being number 2 driver for a couple of years, especially as he would probably become number 1 when Hamilton does whatever he does next. He would also learn loads from Lewis. Or maybe after next year, Lewis will presumably win title number 8 next year then he has one more year and can take on a mentor role for George as well.

pauldyson1uk

Wonder what race Mercedes will seal the championship next year?

F1 had good moments this year, but it's a long long way from being competitive.
I actually think next season will be a lot more competitive .
Merc will yes have the best car, but Ferrari have already said they think next season theirs will be up there, Red Bull clearly will be up there, Renault or Alpine as they will be called with Mercedes engines and Racing Point, will all be stronger.

pauldyson1uk

I missed most of the race but doesn't look like I missed much?

I was surprised to see Hamilton back, there was a clip of him on Instagram in the week and he sounded really rough. Especially as its technically a nothing race as far as this season goes. I'd have liked to see Russell in the Mercedes again though so maybe im biased!

The person who said Bottas would be great for red bulls 2nd driver makes a very good point and I agree he would probably be solid there then let us make the most of Mercedes dominance by having George in the 2nd Mercedes. I think he would accept being number 2 driver for a couple of years, especially as he would probably become number 1 when Hamilton does whatever he does next. He would also learn loads from Lewis. Or maybe after next year, Lewis will presumably win title number 8 next year then he has one more year and can take on a mentor role for George as well.
Bottas has already signed for 2021 , Lewis still has to sign up, Russell will be at Merc for 2022 when the cars change under the new rules.

Tiber

Real Shame we won't see Perez and Vettel at Tracing Point next year.

Vettel Perez, Norris Riccardo, Alonso would have been a hell of a scrap every week.

I know everyone is excited about Ric, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Norris beat him more often than not over the next year or atleast two. I think he is the real deal and getting better all the time.

Interested to see if Alonso still has it.

But above all of that, It's an outrage that the guy who finished 4th (despite not finishing today and missing two other races with Covid) in the drivers championship has been sacked

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
A lap or two ago Sainz had a 10 second gap, now it's 4? Penalty could still make a difference
Where are you looking? It's 8 seconds.

G'wan McLaren, gave up on 3rd after last week but thankfully RP's luck ran out!

Abu Dhabi GP Result

pauldyson1uk

1Max VerstappenRed Bull1:40.9581:36:28.645
2Valtteri BottasMercedes1:41.13115.976 behind
3Lewis HamiltonMercedes1:41.42018.415 behind
4Alexander AlbonRed Bull1:41.22719.987 behind
5Lando NorrisMcLaren1:41.9641:00.729 behind
6Carlos Sainz JnrMcLaren1:41.9471:05.662 behind
7Daniel RicciardoRenault
fastest overall lap 1:40.926
1:13.748 behind
8Pierre GaslyAlphaTauri1:42.4741:29.718 behind
9Esteban OconRenault1:42.8941:41.069 behind
10Lance StrollRacing Point1:41.8661:42.738 behind
11Daniil KvyatAlphaTauri1:42.7041 lap behind
12Kimi RaikkonenAlfa Romeo1:42.1481 lap behind
13Charles LeclercFerrari1:41.9081 lap behind
14Sebastian VettelFerrari1:41.4751 lap behind
15George RussellWilliams1:43.3281 lap behind
16Antonio GiovinazziAlfa Romeo1:41.6751 lap behind
17Nicholas LatifiWilliams1:42.4971 lap behind
18Kevin MagnussenHaas1:41.9991 lap behind
19Pietro FittipaldiHaas1:41.7072 laps behind
not classifiedSergio PerezRacing Point1:43.263did not finish completed 9 laps

Tiber

You a Merc hater :lol:
I absolutely am. If they fancy spending a few seasons in 4th I will be happy to reconsider. But already knowing who will win next year (like this year, last year, the year before, the year before that, etc) is not fun

keithsingleton

Fully deserved his win too. Yeah went down as one of the poorest shows from a excitement point of view. Lewis confirmed he was still recovering from the aftermath of Covid. Anti merc fans will say " well he would say that anyway " :lol:

Sadly Bottas will keep his seat next year so we're going to have to wait till 2022 for Russell. Instill have this thing in my head though :rolleyes: Given the same car is Lando faster than Russell.:rolleyes:

keithsingleton

I absolutely am. If they fancy spending a few seasons in 4th I will be happy to reconsider. But already knowing who will win next year (like this year, last year, the year before, the year before that, etc) is not fun
Being the best at what they do does breed jealousy. Bit like United & Liverpool. :D

pauldyson1uk

Fully deserved his win too. Yeah went down as one of the poorest shows from a excitement point of view. Lewis confirmed he was still recovering from the aftermath of Covid. Anti merc fans will say " well he would say that anyway " :lol:

Sadly Bottas will keep his seat next year so we're going to have to wait till 2022 for Russell. Instill have this thing in my head though :rolleyes: Given the same car is Lando faster than Russell.:rolleyes:
I would say he is not over it 100% , not even close, maybe his team should have told him to sit the race out, having been test positive, I know how much it takes out of you .
Lando faster then Russell in the same car, now thats an interesting idea, one I like, I like both drivers, Russell will be a Mercedes driver in 2022

keithsingleton

I would say he is not over it 100% , not even close, maybe his team should have told him to sit the race out, having been test positive, I know how much it takes out of you .
Lando faster then Russell in the same car, now thats an interesting idea, one I like, I like both drivers, Russell will be a Mercedes driver in 2022
A lot can happen in 12 months but yeah Russell odds on to be in a Merc in 2022. Here's a question though, who with? :D I think if Hammy makes it 8 he may well retire, hopefully not but a possibility.

pauldyson1uk

A lot can happen in 12 months but yeah Russell odds on to be in a Merc in 2022. Here's a question though, who with? :D I think if Hammy makes it 8 he may well retire, hopefully not but a possibility.
If he wins 8 I think he may retire too, but with new rules and cars coming in 2022, he may move team Ferrari ? and see what happens with a new car.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
F2 is like watching football pro teams and F1 is non pro team. Watched F2 for first time last weekend. Will watch a lot more next year!
I followed F2 for the first time this year and I'm hooked, just a fantastic series with proper racing from start to finish.

Asger

I followed F2 for the first time this year and I'm hooked, just a fantastic series with proper racing from start to finish.
Exactly! I loved it last weekend, can’t wait for next season.

Tiber

Sky saying Perez is expected to get the Red Bull seat? I totally missed that.

I do think it's a bit harsh on Albon despite some struggles this year, but it's great to see Perez stay in F1

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Delighted as a Mclaren fan - feel like Justice has been done a little bit. Thank god Lance stroll is absolutely useless otherwise they would have had 3rd easily :lol:

the extra cash could prove massive especially in these tight cash flow times.

@Asger @Zlaatan

glad we’ve got some more f2 converts! Give f3 a go also, it’s just as bonkers and they race each other really hard each week. Being a control formula there’s always different winners most weeks too.

shame they won’t be on the same weekends as the f1 anymore though.